AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Hi, I would like to share some experience with you and ask you for advice with this problem:

After some time (don’t remember when exactly it happened and why) when Primo2 is on and I hit reverse gear the monitor does not switch onto a view from the reverse. All it shows is a warning of an upside down picture. I don’t know how to get back to the main menu when Primo2 is activated to turn on automatically. Should I deactivate the automatic switch on of Primo2?

I would also like to ask you for help with Mapchanger – how do I turn it on? I’d like add another map to SD card but I don’t know how to set directions.

Pat

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there Patper! For your camera problems probably the best solution would be to install from scratch and after all your settings and favorites are set up back up your my flash disk in case you start having issues down the road. I run Primo 2.0 and my f900bt changes to and from the back camera without issue when reverse is engaged, I'm not sure specifically why you are having this problem.

You can't enter the avicnet menus while Primo 2.0 is running; part of the launch process kills ezrider in order to free up memory. If you need to change any settings from within the avicnet menu screens make sure to do so before launching Primo 2.0.

I have never used mapchanger, depending on what skin you are using it may be worthwhile to visit a forum where the skin is located for directions on how to use it. I found the following info with a quick google search, hopefully it helps:

Mapchanger operation

You should have the maps from the different map providers in separated subfolders within the Content folder. I presume you have currently one map folder in Content folder. Prepare two additional: the map_nt and map_ot. Copy the TeleAtlas maps to the map folder, the Navteq maps into the map_nt and the other (e.g. local CEE map providers) maps into the map_ot folder. Finally include the below section into your sys.txt as well. Take care about the name of your storage media in the path! Wayteq devices call the (micro)SD cards SDMMC.

[switchmap]

changer="\SDMMC\Primo\Utility\MapChanger.exe"

1=",map_ta,\SDMMC\Primo,,"

2=",map_nt,\SDMMC\Primo,,â€

3=",map_ot,\SDMMC\Primo,,â€

During the operation no maps are copied at all. The application mapchanger changes only the name of the map folders. The folder holding the actually selected map set is named: map, the other two are map_ta or map_nt or map_ot depending on the selected one.

Good luck Patper!

Ryar and Patper, I did note rear view camera not working issue after Primo 2.0 was launched, in very rare occasions. It just not responds at all when you shifted to backing up or it just flashes the AVIC screen then back to Primo. When this happens, multiple tries do not help.

It also happened that the MP3 playback (never radio yet) just stop working when you shifted to backing up, and you have to change A/V source back to SD or USB in order to continue playback.

Therefore there must be some sort of interference between the A/V module and Primo 2.0 not been the native GPS navigation software on our AVIC.

• 4 weeks later...

You can't enter the avicnet menus while Primo 2.0 is running; part of the launch process kills ezrider in order to free up memory. If you need to change any settings from within the avicnet menu screens make sure to do so before launching Primo 2.0.

Hi friends!

Maybe I'm totally stupid, but I can not figure it out how to do it .....

Hi friends!

Maybe I'm totally stupid, but I can not figure it out how to do it .....

You can not enter the menus with Primo 2.0 running. It is possible if you used some low memory requierments settings in the sys.txt and did not kill the ezrider process. You would also need to prevent the soft reset "button" program from running when Primo is launched. If you would like to do this, delete or comment out the following lines in the My Flash Disk\APL2\Primo3\Run\primo.mscr file:

kill ("ezrider")

kill ("ezrider.exe")

and

Run(SystemPath("ScriptPath")\"Button\softreset.exe" )

As for the low memory requrement settings in the sys.txt, start by adding these lines and adjust them if you are still having issues:

[debug]

max_memory=35000000

reserve_memory=1700000

cache=600000

On another note, Ovalball for some reason the link you gave with the voices for Primo 2.0 did not work for me, perhaps due to my IP address beinging in North America? If it isn't too much trouble could you please re-up it? My SSD bit the dust awhile back so I lost alot of files and whatnot :(

Looks like AVIC NET 2.1 is out on the italian forum and this time it's multilanguage and is based on the 4.0 firmware and has all of carver's patches included along with ryar's tweaks also. Here is the link (you must be registered): http://pioneernavgat....net/?t=3453274.

The rar's are password protected, and you need to PM the poster on that site (bagua) for the password. After using google translate to translate and read the thread, it looks like someone on there had posted the password in the thread and he wasn't too happy. So I'm not going to be the one to do that here. If you want the password, create an account over there and PM him for the password.

You will notice there is a fixed DATA.zip for a few UI bugs that you must use to overwrite the DATA.zip in the AvicNet2.1.part*.rar files. However, in the .rar files there is a "multilanguge" and an english only DATA.zip and it looks like the "fixed DATA.zip" is only for the multilanguage, not english. I did a compare of all the folders/files with WinMerge and created a "fixed" DATA.zip for the english version for myself. There are a few missing images from the english version that are in the "fixed" version for speedcams. Don't think we'd even use that feature in North America, but I included those missing files in case. So if you use speedcams and use this file, you may get a few random italian images for your speedcam stuff.

In case it's useful for anyone else, I'll share it here:

Download the fixed DATA.zip for the "english" version here: DATA (ENGLISH_FIXED).zip - 6.7 MB

In the instructions in the post, he mentions to check the readme.txt in the rar's for the english version. This is all it contains:

- Replace My Flash Disk & Storage Card. Accept union folders and overwrite all files.
- Delete the file Italian.lng in the folder MyFlashDisk\APL4\TC

It's the usual routine to install it. Back your stuff up, upgrade/make sure you're on WinCE 6 (for devices other than the F500), and copy over your prepared "My Flash Disk". There is also a portion that needs to be on your SD card for regular use (looks to be Primo files and some other stuff).

Here is the (google) translated post:

AVIC NET 2.1 MultiLanguage

- Italian, English, Spanish, German (thanks to Arena) and French (thanks to Juntgo) -

- First iGo, TomTom, Garmin, Internet, OBDII ELM327 -
- Upgrading winCE and firmware to version 4.001000 -

ATTENTION

I'M NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR 'FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR UNIT inflicted', decide to making ANY CHANGE AND 'YOUR ENTIRE RISK.
BEFORE AND AFTER 'OTHERWISE MUST BE IN POSSESSION OF BACKUP OF YOUR SYSTEM, IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY The' FACT, FOLLOW THIS GUIDE: Starting with Windows CE TestMode and make a backup

HACK ADDITIONAL INCLUDED
Edit the file tel.exe, which allows the screen to remain where we are when you receive a call, instead of being automatically transferred to the navigation map.
Removing the view when you press the button and start the navigation map.
Removing the view when you view the image of camera.
Changing the voice file Silvia and Silvia TTS for iGo avic, which were made some corrections.
Edit the file ezrider.exe, which allows you to load any map compatible with iGo.
Edit the data.zip file, ie the skin of our iGo Avic, to which were added a few shortcuts in the menu on the map and alerts the ability to activate voice alerts.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Edit This only applies to systems F500BT - F700BT - F900BT - F710BT - F910BT

UPDATE WINCE:
First you must verify your version of winCE and when to upgrade to version 5 for the F500BT model and version 6 for the models-F700BT F900BT-F710BT-F910BT.
To find out which version you have checked the details of your system if you have a firmware 2.xxx WinCE 4, if you have a firmware 3.xxx (or higher) already have WinCE 5.
- NOTE: The version I winCE numbered 6 (for an appropriate diversification of 5) is not the real version of winCE 6 version 5 but still suitably modified to run on the best AvicNet above systems. Consequently, even after updating the system will continue to properly detect that there is still a version 5.
I would like to reiterate that the version 6 is not suitable nor necessary for the owners of the model F500BT.

- Procedures and file for models-F700BT F900BT-F710BT-F910BT
If you still have version 4 winCE you must first upgrade to version 5 and then later to version 6.
If you already winCE 5 you can upgrade directly to version 6.
FILE PICTURE WINCE:
- WinCE vers. 5 (only mod x. F700-F710-F900-F910BT): CE5
- WinCE vers. 6 (x mod only. F700-F710-F900-F910BT): CE6
Extract the contents of the archive, CE5 or CE6, an SD card which will then contain only the following file: "WINCEIMG.BIN" and "WINCEIMG.CKS".
Before removing any DVD / CD inside the player and / or keys from the USB port.
Then insert into the SD card containing the 2 image files and turn on the car (but do not hold it only under battery start the engine).
When it is loading (splash screen "pioneer") press and hold down (toe) the menu keys + map + eject while the other hand (using something sharp) press the small reset.
As soon as you hear load the DVD / CD player leave the eject button and continue holding down menu + map until you will see a blue screen.
Without this, type the access code to enter the service menu by pressing the volume wheel in the following way, seeing asterisks appear below: on - up - down - menu - left - right.
Select the option Update EC to update SD / MMC Format.
Will start formatting the memory and updating winCE.
After 2 or 3 minutes it's done. It 'still essential to wait until it will appear at the bottom, the word "restart your unit" and especially the checksum, indicating that everything went well.

- Procedures and file for the model F500BT.
If you already have WinCE vers. 5 you can go directly to the copy of the folder MyFlashDisk changed.
Download the update file WinCE: WinCE vers. 5 (only for mod. F500BT).
Extract the contents of CE5 on an SD card which will then contain only the following file: "WINCEIMG.BIN" and "WINCEIMG.CKS".
Then insert into the SD card containing the 2 image files and start the unit.
When it is loading (splash screen "pioneer") press and hold down the power + reset buttons simultaneously, until you will see a blue screen.
You should see the message "Press Reset again to reset" but do not press anything.
Then enter the access code to enter the service menu by pressing the volume knob in the following way, seeing asterisks appear below: map - map - menus - delivery - down - menus - delivery.
Select the option Update EC to update SD / MMC Format.
Will start formatting the memory and updating winCE.
After 2 or 3 minutes it's done. It 'still essential to wait until it will appear at the bottom, the word "restart your unit" and especially the checksum, indicating that everything went well. Then restart the unit by pressing the power + reset simultaneously.

COPY OF MY FLASH DISK FILE AMENDED:
Download these files (the password must be made with private message):
PART 1 AvicNet2.1.part1.rar
PART 2 AvicNet2.1.part2.rar
PART 3 AvicNet2.1.part3.rar
Extract the folder and the folder MyFlashDisk TestMode in an SD card.
To fix a small bug that was present in the visual alerts, download and replace the one already present in the folder MyFlashDisk \ APL2 \ iGo this file: data.zip.
Model only F500BT replace the file and the file sys.txt TTnavigator.exe as explained in the readme file inside the folder "x mod. F500BT".
For English Version open the readme.txt file in the folder "x English Version" and follow the instructions.
Copy building, DEM, maps, and then speedcam (compatible with iGo) into their respective folders in the following directory: MyFlashDisk \ APL2 \ iGo \ CONTENT \.
- NOTE: If no map is copied at least one valid and compatible with the folder MyFlashDisk iGo \ APL2 \ iGo \ CONTENT \ MAP system will not boot.
Insert the SD card and wait for the loading winCE, then select the entire contents of the folder My Flash Disk and press MyDevice of files -> delete.
Select all the contents of the folder My Flash Disk on Storage Card and press File -> Copy, then go to the folder My Flash Disk to MyDevice and press file -> paste.
Confirm any requests to overwrite.
Allow sufficient time to copy (about 15-20 minutes), then press the reset operation is completed and remove the SD card.
When you first start you will need a fast initialization of Avic Net, after which the system will reboot automatically. Then you can proceed to the selection of language, voice guidance and locale you want.
- NOTE: In case you changed the language of the system or if, after a Hard Reset to start again or winCE, will have to re-initialize the above.
Finally, download this program: SD Formatter
Install SD Formatter and format an SD card.
Remove the SD card inside the entire contents of the folder Storage Card
- NOTE: In addition to work each sailor will need at least a map valid within its own program folder, for more info see "Navigators".

NOTE ON DEFAULT LANGUAGE SYSTEM:
Then initialization, although not strictly necessary, it is advisable to re-set the system default language from Russian into English. This setting affects the language of starting some additional programs, such as OperaMini, which in the absence of a language pre-configured start with the default system, which in our case will be Russian. This fact is due to updating wince5 changed (the one mentioned above as CE6). This change in winCE was made by a Russian boy who, because of some problems that caused the gyro to additional browsers (including IgoPrimo), has solved the problem by disabling the gyro using the above update / edit wince5, the problem is that then decided to make the system impostasse the default language in Russian.
As written previously F500BT users should not upgrade CE6, and the reason is easily explained ... the model F500BT does not have the gyro! Consequently, users clearly F500BT can also omit this simple step that I'm going to show you:
Reach the Utilities menu and click on Control Panel.
Click on Regional Settings.
Check the box and set the language from Russian to English.
Press OK and close the control panel winCE.
- NOTE: If the system is being run on winCE (TestMode), you will need to redo the above approach.
IGO SKIN AVIC AMENDED:
For Avic iGo, as an alternative to skin already included in the files downloaded above, you can install a more complete, it implements several additional features (see video) as the MapChanger, 3D cars, calculating fuel, trip computer, some settings Additional menus and various icons on the map fast.
Clearly, the skin I inserted by default in the change is much lighter than this, which weigh down the workload of the system will weigh on overall performance, especially during loading and during loading of external storage media (such as an SD card ).
- INSTALLATION:
Download link: Skin.rar
Copy the folder and paste directly into APL2 MyFlashDisk, confirming union of folders and overwrite all files.
For users with notepade F500BT open the sys.txt file and change the second line as follows: type = "PIONEER749EW"
For English signs and voice alerts you have to replace the files inside data.zip That you find the folder "For English Version".

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PROGRAMS
NAVIGATOR:
First copy in 1.2 for iGo SD card maps folder Teleatlas APL4 \ IgoPrimo \ CONTENT \ MAP and Navteq maps folder APL4 \ IgoPrimo \ CONTENT \ MAP_NT (optional).
- NOTE: This only works starting iGo TMC TMC dall'apposita icon First, as has been done so that when the program is first closed ezrider.exe process (in practice iGo Avic) therefore going to make available the First TMC to iGo, iGo that otherwise would remain committed to Avic.
First after starting iGo TMC dall'apposita icon, the icon will be disabled AvicNet menu and in its place a new icon will be dimmed with the following inscription: AvicNet off, prizes to restart. I should point out that all the remaining functions of the system (ie audio / video and telephone) will remain operational.
- NOTE 2: Only for the F500BT model to enable audio on IgoPrimo must play an audio track from SD card (or USB stick) and / or alternatively pause.
- NOTE 3: The skin of iGo First is using the 24 European warnings, so it is compatible with the notices to 16 Italians, who have already taken steps to incorporate the changes (as of February 2012). The configuration of the speedcam Italy is made so that the icons correspond to those in Europe:
0 = fixed speed camera
1 = the mobile speed camera
2 = light camera
3 = tutor
4 = red traffic light-stop sign
6 = level crossing
7 = fast track
8 = danger zone
9 = School
10 = ecopass
= 12 highway
13 = hospital
14 = Fire
15 = ztl
17 = bollards
= 18 bumps
Gallery = 21

To copy the TomTom maps in the Map folder and any additional voices inside Voices folder on the SD card.
- NOTE: On the TomTom multi-control wheel has a known bug, as raising / lowering the volume is raised / lowered the volume of voice guidance.
- NOTE 2: The last map is compatible with the firmware 7.9 is the Western Europe 885_4058.
- NOTE 3: Only for the F500BT model to enable audio of TomTom you need to play an audio track from SD card (or USB stick) and / or alternatively pause.

To copy the map in Garmin format gmapsupp.img folder APL4/Garmin within the SD card.

Ozi Explorer to copy the maps folder APL4/OziExplorer/Maps within the SD card.
- NOTE: To enable the audio on Ozi Explorer you need to play an audio track from SD card (or USB stick) and / or alternatively pause.
- NOTE 2: To select maps on Ozi Explorer does not use the yellow folder icon, as the open window would not resize correctly, but used the icon to access the menu as shown in the photo below, so have the window for selecting the correct size maps:

INTERNET:
For the internet, personally I use a USB 3G Huawei E1550 model, but they also support the following devices:
- Globalsat BU-353
- LG KP500
- Nokia 5300
- AnyDATA ADU310A
- Huawei E150, E160G, E220, E1550
- ZTE MF100, MF626, MF627

- CAUTION: Only if you have a stick of Huawei also need to download this program: PortSwitchTool
Insert the key into your PC and start PortSwitchTool, select "CD-ROM to Diag" press "Next" and then "Finish".
- MODEM INSTALLATION
Getting to the Settings menu ---> Connection Settings and press "3 Italy" that eventually you can rename to your liking.
Press in the "Modem" and select your modem from the list.
Go back to the settings menu and you will see that the first connection attempt will fail.
Then press the "reset" button and wait AvicNet be initialized again.
After the required reboot to reach the utilities menu and launch "COM Port", if everything went the right way you should be able to see your device already installed on COM3, so there will be nothing to do but get to the menu "Connect" test the connection.
- NOTE: To enable audio on the Internet must play an audio track from SD card (or USB stick) and / or alternatively pause.
OBDII Interface:
E 'was added and completely translated into Italian also HOBDrive program, with which you can view the motor parameters through the OBDII connection with the ECU of your car.
You simply need to buy a ELM 327 interface like this: OBDII
- INSTALLATION
First you must install the drivers directly from or through winCE TotalCommander (found in the Programs menu).
To do this, navigate to the following folder MyFlashDisk \ APL4 \ HOBD \ DRIVERS and quickly press twice on the file FTDI_driver.cab.
Connect the interface ELM327.
Then press the "reset" button and wait AvicNet be initialized again.
After the required reboot to reach the utilities menu and launch "COM Port", if everything went the right way you should be able to see your already installed in the device COM3.
HOBD set and then start from the appropriate menu Settings ---> Port Settings ELM OBDII port name on COM3, then press OK.
- NOTE: To enable the audio program HOBDrive must play an audio track from SD card (or USB stick) and / or alternatively pause.
MULTIMEDIA AND GAMES:
Were also added to the games and the CorePlayer, which many already know, and is an additional media player to the main unit is able to reproduce virtually any type / format audio / video files.
- NOTE: To enable the audio of CorePlayer and some games you need to play an audio track from SD card (or USB stick) and / or alternatively pause.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IGO
MAP CHANGER:
Assuming as a supplier Out of the maps, POI, etc., we use TeleAtlas, consider the following:
The MapChanger does is rename the folder map contained in the content according to the chosen provider of maps, then we need to work to ensure that content is in the folder are 3 folders with maps, the maps containing map Tele Atlas, containing maps map_NT Navteq, map_OT containing the maps of other suppliers (eg maps TopMap).
- NOTE: Clearly if you later decide to use Navteq maps for example, the MapChanger will just rename the map and simultaneously in mat_TA map_NT rename the folder in the map.
Even if you do not use maps from other vendors, however, I recommend you leave all 3 folders in the file BaseMap.fbl, so there will be no errors due to the absence of maps that would force us to have to manually reposition the maps in the right folders.
And 'possible to make sure that they are also exchanged THEN BUILDING, HISTSPEED, etc. ... To do this you must create the folder CONTENT 2 other folders for each of the components that you are going to exchange, clearly adding to their folders and suffixes _NT _OT.
You will also need a text editor to open the file inside the folder MapChanger.ini UTILITY iGo Prime and change, for example, setting = 0 in swpoi swpoi = 1 to enable the switch also POI.

FILE LOCATION:
The files in the \ content \ building:
* .3 DL - 3D image of some monuments and buildings of significant importance.
* .3 DC - 3D image of civil buildings in some of the major cities.
* _petrol.3DL - 3D image of service stations.
The files in the \ content \ POI:
*. POI - Point Of Interest (points of interest).
* _3dlm.poi - 3D images of POIs, which can be selected from the menu.
* _truck.poi - Parking, services and other useful places for trucks.
* _DKV_rich.poi - Service Stations and activities that take DKV card.
The files in the \ content \ histspeed:
*. HSP - Average data for the traffic congestion on the roads on different days of week and time of day. It helps in calculating the route to avoid potential congestion. Do not be confused with TMC (which is in real time)!
The files in the \ content \ phoneme:
*. PH - (Phonemes) are needed for the correct pronunciation of some street names and places that are outside the common patterns of pronunciation, work with TTS.
The files in the \ content \ map:
*. HNR - series of preloaded routes for long distances (4 types: fast, quick, easy and cheap) issued for Eastern and Western Europe, helping to speed up the calculation of routes for long haul. You need to run all of the maps are available in your region corresponding MAP.
*. FDA - Driver Assist - Alerts the driver visible on the map, which include signals avertimento prohibitions of overtaking turning etc.etc.
*. FTR - Information HGV - this information is used to calculate routes for heavy vehicles and are used to avoid transit through streets prohibited and not suitable for these vehicles.
*. FPA - Point address - contains data for the actual points on the map, only work in certain countries where you have many addresses that are not on the road.
*. FBL - These are the maps and are divided by country, major suppliers of maps are TeleAtlas (TA), Navteq (NQ) and TopMap (only for Eastern Europe).
BASEMAP.FBL - Even if the extension of a map file contains only the political boundaries of nations and help the program to manage the transition from one country to another especially if you use different providers for maps of different countries.
The files in the \ content \ car:
*. ZIP - Containing 3D model of vehicle selected from the menu.
The files in the \ content \ skin:
*. ZIP - Contains interfaces alternative to the default, selectable from the menu interface can be divided into daytime and nighttime.
The files in the \ content \ scheme:
*. ZIP (plus any other folders) - Containing color schemes to use for viewing maps, profiles, day and night, all selectable from the menu.
The files in the \ content \ dem:
*. DEM - Contains digital models of elevation measurements of a nation or a continent, a sort of 3D map that allows the software to see mountains and hills.
The files in the \ content \ global_cfg:
global_cfg.zip - Contains information on the country where you are.
The files in the \ content \ speedcam:
*. Txt, *. SPC - Contains the coordinates of speed cameras, traffic lights, accident black spots etc.etc., When the program files are processed and these 2 files are created, and speedcam.spdb SpeedcamUpdates.spud for access faster by the software.
The files in the \ content \ TMC:
*. TMC - Contains licenses for certification of TMC services, which give real time information on traffic.
The files in the \ content \ TUTORIAL:
*. Zip - Contains files with the guide for the program in different languages.
The files in the \ content \ LANG:
*. Zip - Contains files used by the interface and the skin to show the menus in the selected language.
The files in the \ content \ VOICE:
*. Zip - Contains files selectable menu item, the items can be normal (from the description in the menu marked "street names unannounced") and TTS (text-to-English speech from the description in the menu marked "street names announced "), they require the presence of an engine consists of several files in the root of iGO, so far the most used are the voices of the NUANCE TTS and Loquendo.
The files in the \ content \ USERDATA:
THEN (folder) - contains files with points of interest created by users, usually in. Kml, the amount of these points of interest could lead to a slowdown in the fluidity of navigation.
USERICON (folder) - contains files with images (icons) of the users assigned to the POI and are usually in. Bmp.

FIRST VIDEO DEMONSTRATION IGO:

GOOD TRIP ... DRIVE WITH PRUDENCE

I would like to point out some things:
- Even if you do not answer to all these acknowledgments does not mean that you appreciate and I do not live up to, indeed
- Do not ask where to find maps for this or that application because the answer is always the same: buying them.
- AvicNet is a collection of hacks and modifications carried out by different people in the world, including, as always, we thank the forum Avic411, who decided to share the fruits of their passion and dedication for free to everyone. I in my turn I performed various tricks and tweaks to gather, translate, implement and make sure everything worked. Therefore, please, before you ask any question, at least read the whole guide in full because, after devoting more time to create it and try to explain the various functions in as much detail as possible (although clearly not possible to illustrate ), to be honest is really annoying to have to answer questions whose answers are written in the guide or you can see in a video.
Regarding HOBD drivers are only for connecting via USB.
For those interested, although I noticed he has not done much publicity as I thought, here is a quick video demonstration of the program HOBDrive:
(FILE: www.youtube.com/v/9VaX7iAFFdE&conte...RK6VQSQ8oG7xn6k)

Signs of the highways do not see them much anymore because you're probably not using Navteq and Teleatlas maps ... much of this information, such as house numbers, etc. .. are all stored in the maps and do not depend on the settings of your browser.
Let me explain with some examples:
WinCE4 is like WindowsXP, WinCE5 is like Windows7, while the folder MyFlashDisk is like the Windows Program Files folder.
That said, if you had winCE4, to restore your backup should first reinstall winCE4, because to stay in the example, a folder "programs" can only work on specific versions of windows which were installed ... do not ever think you would jump to take the Program Files folder and overwrite it with that of Windows XP Windows7 and vice versa
SDHC class higher it is obvious that they're better, maybe a little more expensive but support read / write data faster.
With regard to the maximum supported capacity (and guaranteed by Pioneer) from SD card is 8 GB, while the USB stick is 4 GB.
This does not mean that even a few keys or SD cards higher capacity can not be read by our avic, however, most likely will also slow down the system.
And 'the program screen PortSplitter used to manage the COM ports to be assigned to various navigators. It 's normal that sometimes appear, and its screen, although at times it remains invisible in the background, the program always starts automatically and does not steal that at most 1-2 seconds more to the total time of ignition.
Once you install a version of winCE, is always that ... at least until you install un'atra version.
So if you had a previous version of AvicNet and you've followed the guide for updating winCE, to install the vers. 2.1 you just replace the folder MyFlashDisk.
To see the names of the songs on the CD / DVD MP3, I want to say that I burn with Nero Express, you must not use the "Create Data CD" but press on "Music" and then click on "Jukebox Audio CD" or "DVD-Audio Jukebox ". In this way the track names are visible.
I'm sorry but I can not understand why this problem and the only solution I found is this.
I realized that even a more free system memory also increases slightly the overall system performance.
Brackets for iGo Avic I just copied the maps Italy, the European ones I have in all other nav on SD card.
However I have a different space freed by deleting the folder that VBT is for speech recognition, but since that function is only in the U.S. version ... Euro version we can delete it.
I also deleted all the files for the TTS voice that does not serve, and let x only those languages ​​English, Italian, German, French, Spanish ... but even those do not seem to have several Mb of stuff, and are placed in the folder MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo/ScanSoft \ RealSpeakSolo \ SPEECH \ components.
Moreover, if you want to leave a few more MB you can also delete these files:
vf_serena_r40_83swf11_165_04.dat
vf_isabel_r40_83swf11_165_04.dat
vf_virginie_r40_83swf11_165_04.dat
vf_steffi_r40_83swf11_165_04.dat
In practice, leaving only the. Dat Silvia, namely: vf_silvia_r40_83swf11_165_04.dat and of course everything else that both files are from a few KB.
Consider that in the original folder ScanSoft is 185 MB I have reduced to only 75 MB.
In terms of POI, maps, building, DEM, etc. ... that is compatible with Igo Primo is also compatible with Avic Igo (Igo always is).
As for speed cameras, vary according to the skin. For Igo First you put those Europeans or those notices to 24 to 16 Italians.
For Igo Avic you have to put those normal for skin that is not extended.
The colors of light (the wheel and buttons) must use the pre-set as custom ones are not stored.

Thanks for the info. I've been using AVICnet 2.1 (Russian source) for the past 4 months or so and haven't noticed any vast improvements. One nice change is when you change the language to English it now changes all the menus as well, and there is no need to comb through the ui_pioneer folder and files to translate. For those who are interested in newer versions of AVICnet follow the forums on forum.gps-club, the link is here: http://forum.gps-clu...p?showforum=349. Use Google chrome to translate. Keep in mind it is a Russian program therefore anything you find elsewhere is dated and has been taken from the Russian forums originally. What I am really hoping for is that they mod the primo.exe file for Primo 2.0 so that we can have fully working sound and buttons.

I really wasn't pleased with Bagua's wording when he added the OBD to his version of the mod as it appeared as though he took credit for the hard work despite the fact that he just took everything from this thread. Understanding the drivers and getting them to work took me hours of work and frustration, not to mention finding an OBD II program that would work with winCE which was visually appealing and not grossly outdated.