AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

No dice with the device.nng being the issue with the SD card. Removed it, restarted the unit, it was recreated, same issue. Tried another SD card, still the same issue.

I went through the entire My Flash Disk and I do not see any folders named "PLT". I found a zip I had of a 3.0 update, and it looks like the PLT folder was just a folder in the update that contained the WinCE upgrade images. So basically the guy in the thread I referenced above just reloaded the "My Flash Disk" a few times and it worked.

Back to the drawing board to find the root cause. I have one suspicion again b/c AvicNet 2.1 is based off the Euro version... the images/icons for Sirius and XM are no where to be found. I'm wondering if there's not something else removed as well that is just indirectly preventing the AV player from loading the directory listing. I'm going to download the latest NA version from Pioneer and do a compare... something's gotta be missing or Euro specific that's causing this....

EDIT: At first glance the entire VBT folder in \APL2 is missing from AvicNet which I believe is the voice recognition screen. XM folder in DATA is definitely missing as well.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello ryar,

I have read what you wrote and I'm sorry if you thought this.

However I have updated my guide on the Italian forum, quoting your name in the OBD program.

As has also written Mach1Chris, I had already quoting avic411 in the guide and in various posts of the thread.

Believe me, it wasn't my intention to get a merit that I haven't, I only translated the program in Italian. My only intention is, and remains, to share with as many people as possible these great mod for our nav, I never asked a cent and I never will, only then you could give me of thief... don't you think?

Fair enough. Take what you will, all I ask is you give credit to those who have worked hard and were kind enough to share with others.

I uploaded the version of avic net 2.1 which I have been using for the past few months. I trimmed it down and only included Primo 1.0 and 2.0, gone are OziExplorer, Garmin, and TomTom. The driver for the OBD II reader now auto-loads so you don't have to run the driver CAB file every time you hard reset. Details are on post #1. Please post any bugs you find. Note Primo 2.0 still does not have working sound regardless of sound or working hard buttons; Primo 1.0 has these features working which is why I left it in. You can now use the avicnet menus while Primo 2.0 is running. Enjoy!

Edit: I hope this works for both NA and EURO users (I can confirm if does for a NA unit), please post and let me know if you are having any issues.

Make sure to read the change log!

Thanks Ryar, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it solves the SD card issue I'm having. Few questions:

1) Is the uploaded version defaulted to NA setup? ie: is the sys.txt for the "UC" version?

2) Are the XM files and VBT files included?

3) Are you using an F900BT? If not, which model?

Thanks!

Thanks Ryar.Great that you are still continuing to share your work with us.

Thank you ovalball for continuing to answer questions and help others in these forums! I'm glad there is still interest here and that with our "old" avic units we are able to run programs such as Primo and Hob Drive which even the newest aftermarket in-dash GPS units are incapable of doing (thanks to manufacturers going out of their ways to make them mod-proof). Long live the AVIC411 community!

Thanks Ryar, I'll give it a shot. Hopefully it solves the SD card issue I'm having. Few questions: 1) Is the uploaded version defaulted to NA setup? ie: is the sys.txt for the "UC" version? 2) Are the XM files and VBT files included? 3) Are you using an F900BT? If not, which model? Thanks!

The device is selectable in the sys.txt. It is set by default: type="PIONEER746UC"

The VBT files are included (APL2\VBT), I am not sure about the XM files however. Where are they usually located? Note this mod is Russian originally so it may take some work to get it to work fully-functional with our NA units. How is XM/Sirius running off our units? I just use a portable unit and connect it via an AV cable.

I use a NA F900BT in my car but also have a F700BT and 2 F500BTs for testing. I can't help myself when a unit is stuck in a boot loop and sells on ebay for dirt cheap ;)

Thanks for the reply, Ryar. I'll give it a shot tonight. XM is in \DATA\XM. I thought there was a Sirius folder too but looking at a full backup I had there isn't. The Sirius integration on these things is so garbage, no channel icons, nothing. Really regretting giving my brother my XM adapter and switching to Sirius haha.

Awesome, thanks ryar for the update. Really appreciate all the effort guys like you put into making my impulse buy easier to justify to my wife. To be honest though, I was shocked to discover that she doesn't see the importance of being able to monitor fuel trim and throttle percentage on the dash.

Oh well. I appreciate it. Thanks!

I'll be installing your 2.1 tonight.

-PMS

I uploaded the version of avic net 2.1 which I have been using for the past few months. I trimmed it down and only included Primo 1.0 and 2.0, gone are OziExplorer, Garmin, and TomTom. The driver for the OBD II reader now auto-loads so you don't have to run the driver CAB file every time you hard reset. Details are on post #1. Please post any bugs you find. Note Primo 2.0 still does not have working sound regardless of sound or working hard buttons; Primo 1.0 has these features working which is why I left it in. You can now use the avicnet menus while Primo 2.0 is running. Enjoy!

Edit: I hope this works for both NA and EURO users (I can confirm if does for a NA unit), please post and let me know if you are having any issues.

Make sure to read the change log!

Hi Ryar:

I backup my current My Flash Drive which has AvicNet and then I deleted it to install Avic 2.1 that you have posted on page one. Couple of issues came up:

1. I am some trouble loading the maps under Avic 2.1. I did copied over the maps and licenses. When I finally got to the navigation screen, Some of the buttons on the screen did not work such as settings etc. So I can't make any changes to the navigation.

2. I have access to AVIC radio programs but It does not highlight the buttons for Navigation and System settings (it is greyed out).

So I ended up deleting the flash drive and reinstalled my backup and it works fine.

Any ideas what I should be looking for? I live in Minnesota so I use USA Maps

JImbo

Any ideas what I should be looking for? I live in Minnesota so I use USA Maps

JImbo

Hey Jimbo,

I live in Canada and the only thing I altered with Ryar's flashdisk was adding the Canada map and POI's so I believe the licensing is fine as is. I haven't had too much time to play around with it yet, but it did seem pretty solid so far. Actually, I also added back the TTS voice files, but I don't think that would cause your issues. I completely cleared my flashdisk before copying over. I have a F900BT and I think that's what Ryar's flashdisk is defaulted to, so if you have a different model, you may need to edit the sys.txt file?

-PMS

Hey Jimbo,

I live in Canada and the only thing I altered with Ryar's flashdisk was adding the Canada map and POI's so I believe the licensing is fine as is. I haven't had too much time to play around with it yet, but it did seem pretty solid so far. Actually, I also added back the TTS voice files, but I don't think that would cause your issues. I completely cleared my flashdisk before copying over. I have a F900BT and I think that's what Ryar's flashdisk is defaulted to, so if you have a different model, you may need to edit the sys.txt file?

-PMS

I did edit the sys.txt after installing. It is just weird that I can't access the settings. I believe If I can access the settings, I can get it working. I have a FT90BT also. I am wondering if the GPS is off but again I can't get into the settings.

Any other ideas?

I may just clear out the flash dish and try again. Thanks for the suggestions!

Jimbo

Hi,

I tried the Avicnet with the italian settings... I can confirm that the idea is very good.. Now I'm planing to use Ryars AVICNET. The only thing that I need is changing the Interface to German... I managed to get IGO in german but the other settings still in english and italian... Is there anyone who managed to use everything in german or who knows which filles do I need to get everything in german?

Thanks for your help

Hi Jimbo, the only time I noticed greyed out settings is when the bypass was not done properly ie. ground the e-brake, ect. Did you do a software bypass previously? I can't really think of any other reason these settings are greyed out for you.