AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jimbo, the only time I noticed greyed out settings is when the bypass was not done properly ie. ground the e-brake, ect. Did you do a software bypass previously? I can't really think of any other reason these settings are greyed out for you.

That was my first thought. I did wipe out the flash drive and reinstalled AvicNet 2.1 again. Same thing. The navigation buttons greyed out but all the other buttons is working. Also I noticed that when I went to the nav(map) screen, some of the short cut buttons works but any buttons that works with Navigation or System did not work. So I wiped out the flash drive and re installed backup AvicNet 1 and everything works fine. On another note, do you know the which bmp file is for the AvicNet 2.1 at "Top Menu" screen? It looks nicer than the older AvicNet.

Jimbo

Just writing to say that I've had a chance to go on a few quick trips and Ryar's AvicNet is awesome. I'm even starting to like that Primo 2.0 since the customizations on Igo8 are not what I'm used to and Primo does look much more slick.

I still haven't totally wrapped my head around how to set up the system so everything starts the way I'd like it. Again, I haven't had too much "in-car" time, but I like having HOBD running and switching between it and Primo 2.0. I only just found that "Hard button" setting, but not quite sure how it works. I set it to start HOBD, though it puts a quick start icon which looks like the navigation icon on the main menu. The engine icon is already there, so I guess I'll set it back to the default of loading Primo 2.0.

But then is there a way I can have HOBD start up as well? And I'm totally going to buy the full version. I'm hoping the exe name is the same so I just need to overwrite. If not, I guess I'll need to point some file to something somewhere?

One last observation is Primo 2.0 specific, but my searches haven't hit anything yet.

I play music off the SD mostly so that's cool that Primo sound works, but the music is way too quiet and the only volume setting I've found cranks up the Primo sounds as well. Is there a menu for setting the SD music volume independently, or is it time to edit some config files again?

Thanks,

-PMS

hey guy, just wondering. I upgraded my X920bt to v3.0, will this mod work on my H.U. ? And will any of the mods in this section work now that I'm on firmware v3.0?

TMill

I don't think the version matters, except if there's a minimum requirement so you should be fine. I'm running 3.0. Hardware-wise, I assume that the x920bt is similar enough to the f900bt that it should be okay. I think Ryar has developed it on f500bt and f900bt.

-PMS

What is the pass for this archive?

I got the password from the first page of the Italian AvicNet2.1 thread. It's right next to the download links. However, I can't seem to access the page anymore. Last time I accessed it, I did a Google search for AvicNet 2.1 and clicked on "translate" for the first Italian looking link. Now it comes up with a login page. I just copied and pasted the password so I can't remember what it was.

In any case, I'd recommend Ryar's on the first page of this thread if you have a North American unit. Not only is it tough to get that Italian one running english, but getting bluetooth working takes some sys.txt editing and I don't think we ever figured out how to get SD music working on an NA unit.

-PMS

Hey.

I'm currently waiting for my F900 to be delivered and I'm trying to figure out what upgrades I should do when it gets here.

Could anyone explain exactly what benefits AVICNet has over the standard Pioneer stuff?

I've had a search around and it looks like a new launcher to use other CE apps, but I'm not sure what else it unlocks...

Thanks ovalball,

Am I correct in thinking this essentially let you install any CE app and launch it?

I'm trying to determine the differences between this and Chuck88's mod for example, but I'm struggling to figure out what exactly it gives me.

I guess it will all become clear once my device arrives and I can have a play, but I'm eager to learn what other tweaks can be done :)

I think the only way tobe sure is to try them all.Even now I often revert back to various mods which I haven't run for a while.I do have a favorite but they all seem to offer different things.What ive got now is a collection of SD cards,each with a full back up of MFD and the mods installed on them.It takes less than an hour to swap and theres less chance of messing up!

I really do prefer Primo 2.0 over iGo now, and AvicNet's abilty to run HOBD to show engine stats is really fun.

That being said, I am still experiencing a few quirks with AvicNet. *** solved the volume issue. found under WinCE 'control panel' a volume control that was set low. putting it to max seems to have equalized eveything ***

Also, no matter where I am at in the menu systems or navigation when I shut down, my unit always starts up on the AVSource page of whatever source it's playing. For short trips I just leave it on iGo so I'd prefer it to launch to map. I figure that's got to be configurable, but my searches are not bearing fruit lately. Is there a good thread that discusses the basic iGo menu configuration?

Thanks,

-PMS

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm complaining too much, it's just that I think I'm sticking with AvicNet2.1 so I want to fine tune it as best I can. I've solved a couple things, but there are still things that I don't understand yet.

What's under my skin now is that HOBD seems to take quite a while to start up; not only to start up initially, but if I go to navigation and then go to switch back to HOBD via the engine icon that's on the main menu (cool feature by the way). I am going to try replacing with the full paid version so maybe that could change things, but is there any sort of tweaking that might allow me to switch back and forth a bit quicker?

It's clear these mods are very finicky. For example, starting up Primo2.0 with the Italian version seemed to take twice as long as it does with Ryar's version. I've searched thorugh tons of discussions, but it appears that most of the fine-tuning is done via trial and error.

-PMS