AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

So I finally got around to installing Ryar's version of AvicNet 2.1. Here are my comments in comparison to the Italian version:

- Set up was smooth, no need to flip languages, etc.

- Pre-configured for NA units so I didn't have any bluetooth issues to resolve after installing it

- No issue with accessing music on the SD card, worked perfectly. I never resolved this with the italian verison.

- Has better gps customization/hacks however I'm really not a fan of the fonts and icon layout but this is a personal preference and can be changed.

- Missing carver's hack for the Tel.exe which is a personal choice anyway, so not really a negative. Easy to install anyway.

- Missing the graphic enhancements for all the AV menus that the italian version had, ie: ipod screen, sirius screen, etc. I never played around with this before so I have to do some digging to figure out how to do this as I really liked the enhancements in the italian version.

- Still getting random AvicNet 2.1 initialization screen followed by a reboot when starting up the car. Doesn't always happen, but maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 times it does.

- Still starting up to the main screen instead of the last used AV source screen frequently.

Overall it's better than the italian version so I'm sticking with it. I just have to figure out how to solve my few personal preference quirks and it will be perfect..

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love this mod...it works really well and is very stable.

I mainly use the IGO, occasionaly the Primo and it's good to have the choice......

The only problem I have is that I can't get tts voices to work in IGO.

If I select selena, I get the ding but no announcement.

I have the voice files and the scansoft directory. What am I missing ?

Any chance this would work on a AVIC Z120BT?

hey guy, just wondering. I upgraded my X920bt to v3.0, will this mod work on my H.U. ?

No, so far as I know it will work on the following only: F500BT, F700BT, F900BT, F90BT, X710BT, and X910BT. You can try and launch the HOBD standalone from the winCE desktop, but you will need the drivers installed first. They are in the HOBD package on post #1. Good luck!

The only problem - does not work parot - software found ....

Your welcome Patper! What do you mean by the parot does not work?

On another note, do you know the which bmp file is for the AvicNet 2.1 at "Top Menu" screen?

Jimbo

I believe they are in the MainRes.res

The only problem I have is that I can't get tts voices to work in IGO.

If I select selena, I get the ding but no announcement.

I have the voice files and the scansoft directory. What am I missing ?

To be honest with you Blankers I never even tried TTS on the stock iGo so I'm not sure why it isn't working. Maybe try copy them onto your unit again, select the non TTS voice, reboot, then select Selena? Beyond that I don't know what else you could try.

I think Ryar has developed it on f500bt and f900bt.

What's under my skin now is that HOBD seems to take quite a while to start up; not only to start up initially, but if I go to navigation and then go to switch back to HOBD via the engine icon that's on the main menu (cool feature by the way). I am going to try replacing with the full paid version so maybe that could change things, but is there any sort of tweaking that might allow me to switch back and forth a bit quicker?

Also, no matter where I am at in the menu systems or navigation when I shut down, my unit always starts up on the AVSource page of whatever source it's playing. For short trips I just leave it on iGo so I'd prefer it to launch to map. I figure that's got to be configurable, but my searches are not bearing fruit lately. Is there a good thread that discusses the basic iGo menu configuration?

Hi PsychoMcSatan, thanks for all your informative posts. Please note I didn't really develop anything, I just found this Russian mod and translated bits and pieces of it to English, as well as customized some areas of it to suite my needs. The real credit belongs to the Russian geniuses who developed it.

I am also having the issue of the unit starting at the AV screen. I wrote a mortscript file which auto-launches hobdrive then Primo 2.0. I would like to share it, but there are differences in the hobdrive free version and paid version and for some reason the free version slows the unit to a crawl with Primo 2.0 running simultaneously. Also, the task name for the paid version is hobdrive while the free version is /hobd which mortscript simply will not recognize (perhaps the / is messing it up). Anyways, if you find a way to have it launch to the map or main menu screen please share.

I believe the reason hobdrive takes awhile to launch and even display after it is running is because it uses .NET Compact Framework. There is no way around this that I am aware

- Still getting random AvicNet 2.1 initialization screen followed by a reboot when starting up the car. Doesn't always happen, but maybe 1 out of 3 or 4 times it does.

- Still starting up to the main screen instead of the last used AV source screen frequently.

Hi Mach1Chris, I noticed if the unit is in the process of booting and then the unit is interrupted (key on/off) it will initialize on the next start-up. Could this be the cause of your frequent initializations?

The AV is a pain and I am having the same issue, hopefully someone can figure out how to load to map or main menu.

To be honest with you Blankers I never even tried TTS on the stock iGo so I'm not sure why it isn't working. Maybe try copy them onto your unit again, select the non TTS voice, reboot, then select Selena? Beyond that I don't know what else you could try.

Has anyone got TTS to work with stock IGO ?

Doing a search, several people seem to have complained of the same problem, but there are no replies with fixes....

Does it work ?

Has anyone got TTS to work with stock IGO ?

Doing a search, several people seem to have complained of the same problem, but there are no replies with fixes....

Does it work ?

Mine's working. I'm at work so I can't see what I put where, but I'm pretty sure I followed Ryar's instructions that are in the first post or two. He pulled them out to save space so you need to save them from your backup or someone else's mod. Perhaps make sure that they're in place before you start up for the first time afterinstalling AvicNet?

Also, I'm running a North American unit which Ryar's image is configured for. Check sys.txt to make sure the correct version is uncommented. I know this was causing bluetooth issues for me and Mach1Chris and the Italian version.

Good luck.

-PMS

I am also having the issue of the unit starting at the AV screen. I wrote a mortscript file which auto-launches hobdrive then Primo 2.0. I would like to share it, but there are differences in the hobdrive free version and paid version and for some reason the free version slows the unit to a crawl with Primo 2.0 running simultaneously. Also, the task name for the paid version is hobdrive while the free version is /hobd which mortscript simply will not recognize (perhaps the / is messing it up). Anyways, if you find a way to have it launch to the map or main menu screen please share.

I think I'll purchase the full version. Should I just clear out the current HOBD directory and plop in the new version or is there an install process?

I've heard this mortscript thing mentioned on a few different threads, but I usually take that as a flag to let me know the discussion has gone over my head. The struggles are actually kind of enjoyable, especially seeing all the new functionality I hadn't even imagined before buying my unit. But my car is in my co-op's underground garage so the back and forth is killing me!

Anyway, thanks again for all the help!

-PMS

Hi Mach1Chris, I noticed if the unit is in the process of booting and then the unit is interrupted (key on/off) it will initialize on the next start-up. Could this be the cause of your frequent initializations?

I think that's probably the issue. Many car ignitions have this bad habit of dropping the accessory voltage when cranking the engine, so the Avic will start booting when you start turning your key, but then if the voltage drops enough during engine crank (I think less than 10V or something) then it'll start the boot process again.

Mine always did that, but I ended up solving it with the help of another Avic411 thread which had schematics to wire up a batch of 10 rechargable AAs. You can find it by searching for my posts as it took me a couple iterations to get it right.

*** found it here: ***

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/19417-ignition-mod-on-f900bt/page__fromsearch__1

You might also avoid your issues by turning the key all the way quickly so the Avic doesn't have enough time start that first boot process.

-PMS

I believe the reason hobdrive takes awhile to launch and even display after it is running is because it uses .NET Compact Framework. There is no way around this that I am aware

So I paid for the full version and I see there is a Net3.5 version and a standalone version that doesn't need Net3.5. Have you tried both, and if so, which should I be installing?

I've started looking into Mortscript and I'm guessing that I'll need to add some lines into autorun.mscr, but I'm still figuring things out.

It's already too late to be running down to my garage to give it a try tonight. I'll try to sneak some reading in at work tomorrow.

-PMS

Hi Mach1Chris, I noticed if the unit is in the process of booting and then the unit is interrupted (key on/off) it will initialize on the next start-up. Could this be the cause of your frequent initializations? The AV is a pain and I am having the same issue, hopefully someone can figure out how to load to map or main menu.
I think that's probably the issue. Many car ignitions have this bad habit of dropping the accessory voltage when cranking the engine, so the Avic will start booting when you start turning your key, but then if the voltage drops enough during engine crank (I think less than 10V or something) then it'll start the boot process again. Mine always did that, but I ended up solving it with the help of another Avic411 thread which had schematics to wire up a batch of 10 rechargable AAs. You can find it by searching for my posts as it took me a couple iterations to get it right. *** found it here: *** http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/19417-ignition-mod-on-f900bt/page__fromsearch__1 You might also avoid your issues by turning the key all the way quickly so the Avic doesn't have enough time start that first boot process. -PMS

You know what... i think you guys are right, must be the partial startup. Made sure I start the car right up the last 6 times i've started it now and it hasn't happened a single time. Good catch guys, thanks!

Going to try and get the italian forums UI tweaks added to mine. If I get it all working, I'll post up an addon zip that ryar can add if he wants..

Hey Ryar,

So I purchased the full version and just copied the file contents over my current AvicNet2.1 install as I saw a few Mortscript-type things in there that I'm guessin make it go... and it works great. In fact, it now loads noticably faster. One thing that no longer works (though I'm not 100% that it worked before) is that when I configure HOBD to start with "Hot Button", it does put the icon up in the menu, but it won't initiate the OBD connection till I manually get in and start up the HOBD interface.

My next step will be to copy MyFLashDisk back to my PC and see what Mortscript or config file changes that enabling that Hot Button changed and see if I can slip HOBD and Primo2.0 in there. Though I did notice up there in your quote that you'd like to share your Mortscript (I could help you out with that :mrgreen: ).

Is there any way that primo 1.0 can boot as the main gps when the map button is hit?

I may be wrong, but it's my understanding that the physical buttons' are controlled by code within the custom compiled iGo8 code that runs the menu systems and AV stuff. Therefore there's no way to capture those button presses. 'Menu' will always take you to the main menu and 'Map' will always take you to the iGo8 map screen.

-PMS

Is there any way that primo 1.0 can boot as the main gps when the map button is hit?

I find it annoying to go to the menu button each time to get back to the primo map.

The buttons are only "seen" by Primo when it is an active window, when it is not they are "seen" by the unit. There are 3rd party programs which can use such as AEKmap but implementing them would be difficult.

Hey Ryar,

So I purchased the full version and just copied the file contents over my current AvicNet2.1 install as I saw a few Mortscript-type things in there that I'm guessin make it go... and it works great. In fact, it now loads noticably faster. One thing that no longer works (though I'm not 100% that it worked before) is that when I configure HOBD to start with "Hot Button", it does put the icon up in the menu, but it won't initiate the OBD connection till I manually get in and start up the HOBD interface.

My next step will be to copy MyFLashDisk back to my PC and see what Mortscript or config file changes that enabling that Hot Button changed and see if I can slip HOBD and Primo2.0 in there. Though I did notice up there in your quote that you'd like to share your Mortscript (I could help you out with that :mrgreen: ).

Sure, I attached a package you can copy over your unit. When it is set up to autolaunch it will take you to the main menu (via simulated key presses), launch HobDrive, kill ezrider, and then launch Primo. A couple other additions are the keyboard icon will appear in HobDrive to make it easier to enter settings and hide the keyboard and an icon will appear while in HobDrive to take you directly to Primo. Note it will only work with the full version of HobDrive due to limitations in the free version (poor performance and different process names, ect).

Instructions: Unzip, copy to your unit. Make a shortcut by tapping Avic Net, Settings, Menu, Programs, Add. Choose a program name (I use HobD and Primo), choose an icon, and set the Program path. It is: \my flash disk\apl4\hobdprimo\hobdpromo.exe. Choose "Yes" for Autorun with start iGO. Reboot and that's it! Note for the timing and file names I set it up specifically for my unit (I start at the AV nag screen disclaimer) so some small tweeks may be required. Post back, let us know how it works. Good luck!

hobdriveprimo.rar