AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

You know what... i think you guys are right, must be the partial startup. Made sure I start the car right up the last 6 times i've started it now and it hasn't happened a single time. Good catch guys, thanks!

Going to try and get the italian forums UI tweaks added to mine. If I get it all working, I'll post up an addon zip that ryar can add if he wants..

Sounds good, I look forward to your addon with the UI tweaks you are using.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instructions: Unzip, copy to your unit. Make a shortcut by tapping Avic Net, Settings, Menu, Programs, Add. Choose a program name (I use HobD and Primo), choose an icon, and set the Program path. It is: \my flash disk\apl4\hobdprimo\hobdpromo.exe. Choose "Yes" for Autorun with start iGO. Reboot and that's it! Note for the timing and file names I set it up specifically for my unit (I start at the AV nag screen disclaimer) so some small tweeks may be required. Post back, let us know how it works. Good luck!

***edit***

Figured out the HOBDrive starting issue. The hobdrive.mscr was pointing to hobd.exe instead of hobdrive.exe. So things start up okay now, but even though hobdrive is running (I can hear its connection noises) the engine icon doesn't bring up the interface. The icon for going back to Primo works okay though.

Back to the drawing board, but I'm getting there. I think I'm starting to almost understand how these scripts work. I see some commented out code that looks like it's waiting for hobdrive to start, but it's been replaced by just a delay. Maybe I'll add that back in or extend the delay?

Oh, and I see others are downloading the script so just note, In Ryar's instructions, the proper program path is \my flash disk\apl4\hobdriveprimo\hobdprimo.exe

***edit 2***

Aha. I think I see the problem with the icon. obdbutton.exe.ini has hobd.exe instead of hobdrive.exe in it as well. Can't test right now, but it makes sense.

-PMS

Edited by PsychoMcSatan

Good catch PMS, I guess somewhere along the line I changed hobd.exe to hobdrive.exe. Alternately you could have done the same rather then change all the scripts, my apologies for sharing a script which did not work without modification..

I commented the commands to wait for hobdrive to start and used a delay because I didn't have much luck with the wait commands and if Primo tries to launch while hobdrive is still loading it bogs the unit down and it is not usable for a longer period of time.

One other thing I have discovered recently regarding the OBDII reader. Initially I left it plugged in my car and after not driving for a few days it had drained down the battery! I did a little reaserch and it turns out the elm327 I had purchased was pre 1.4b and at that time they did not have a standby mode. I got a new one delivered recently (version 1.5a I believe) and when it is plugged in and the ignition off the single red light dims indicating it is in standby. I have not had any issues with the battery draining since and have installed it hidden under the dash out of sight.

Has anyone tried a bluetooth elm327? I have played with the bluetooth stack included in avicnet (with a usb dongle) and am curious if the OSBII works. It may require manually pairing each time which would make this method a hassle compared to the usb method. I appears as thought the bluetooth stack does not support A2DP, unfortunately. That would sure make my day if someone could figure out how to stream audio from my phone to my avic!

djluis2012: Thanks for your support! I feel more compelled to share and help others on this forum when there is activity here.

Ok so I tried to update it. I went into testmode and as i was in there, primo started up... I then pressed menu and it went back into the testmode screen, so I then deleted my old flash disk to copy over the new one. It stopped because it could delete the maps because they were in use by primo which I guess was still in use, What am I doing wrong?

Ok so I tried to update it. I went into testmode and as i was in there, primo started up... I then pressed menu and it went back into the testmode screen, so I then deleted my old flash disk to copy over the new one. It stopped because it could delete the maps because they were in use by primo which I guess was still in use, What am I doing wrong?

Close Primo before copying the maps. Make sure no programs are running before copying or you won't be able to delete/copy over files as they may be in use.

Close Primo before copying the maps. Make sure no programs are running before copying or you won't be able to delete/copy over files as they may be in use.

Yea but it won't let me close primo, all I have is the primo screen. Then when I press the menu button it takes me to test mode and I can't close primo from test mode.

Yea but it won't let me close primo, all I have is the primo screen. Then when I press the menu button it takes me to test mode and I can't close primo from test mode.

How are you starting testmode? I boot into testmode with an SDCard and have never had an issue with other apps starting up unless I browse to them myself.

-PMS

How are you starting testmode? I boot into testmode with an SDCard and have never had an issue with other apps starting up unless I browse to them myself.

-PMS

That is how I did it... Primo would just randomly start every time. I ended up doing a wince upgrade and got it installed. Some of my problems are:

1. I open primo 2.0, then I close it and I cannot go to any other avicnet options because there is lettering in front of the avicnet icon that says I must restart since avicnet is disabled.

2. I also could not get primo to get a lock on the gps.... And yes I have wince 6.0

That is how I did it... Primo would just randomly start every time. I ended up doing a wince upgrade and got it installed. Some of my problems are:

1. I open primo 2.0, then I close it and I cannot go to any other avicnet options because there is lettering in front of the avicnet icon that says I must restart since avicnet is disabled.

2. I also could not get primo to get a lock on the gps.... And yes I have wince 6.0

Use a different version of testmode. I would guess the one you are using is set up to auto-launch Primo each time. As for your GPS fix issues, the portsplitter program is required which launches with avicnet. Find a new testmode and launch primo through avicnet and you will not have any issues.

So my install of Ryar's AvicNet2.1 and full version of Hobdrive is working pretty stable now. I've just been taking short, infrequent trips lately, but I really prefer Primo2.0 map layout now and switching quickly to see advanced fuel economy stats is awesome.

The one thing I'm still searching the forums for is a way to bring up the volume of the SDCard music relative to the Primo2.0 sounds. I put the SLA setting up to +4 in the main iGo AVSound settings and that helped, but I still need to put "voice volume" in Primo2.0 to almost the minimum so that it doesn't blow out my eardrums when I've turned up the volume for the music. That makes it hard to fine tune.

The main volume slider in Primo2.0 decreases the SD music volume too so that's no help.

One other thing I've experienced with my last couple attempts is "Out of memory" errors when trying to restart into AvicNet mode. Children are preventing me from doing any sort of trial and error troubleshooting, but I have a feeling that I never had issues before upgrading to the full version of Hobdrive.

I'll have some more updates after the next rainy day (I'm riding the kids to school in a bike trailer now that summer's here). Or anyone have a hack to get the Avic running on a bicycle with pedal power?

-PMS

PMS, what skin are you using with Primo? Also for HobDrive for that matter. I just use a black background on HobDrive and the GJ 1.08 skin for Primo. Some skins use more memory, maybe try and switch to something else and see if you have issues.

As for your sound issues, there are various sys.txt commands which may help. I would suggest trying:

[sound]

use_os_volume=1

PMS, what skin are you using with Primo? Also for HobDrive for that matter.

Haven't played around with any skins so I suppose I'm just using the defaults. I did notice that some of Hobdrive's gauges have coloured dots behind them, I think to show average values. I didn't have those with your default install of the free version. They make the gauges difficult to read anyway so I'll try removing that to see if it frees up memory.

Thanks for the suggestion for the sound too. I'll try these things on the weekend and let you know.

Thanks,

-PMS

Ryar,

Thanks for you effort on this.

I installed the updates Avicnet 21. Everything went well, except my parking brake bypass no longer works. M

eaning, that i need to have the parking brake on before i can make changes to settings, play dvd etc.

I checked the pioneer.ini file in data.zip and it has a parking brake speed value of 256. parking_break_speed=256.0

So that is not the issue.

Is there another setting i can change somewhere that will enable this? This used to work with Avicnet 2.0

Also, i have a bluetooth ELM OBD adapter. I am going to try that out tonight.

Edit: Happy to report that Bluetooth OBD II works with a cheap usb dongle.

I had to first part it with "Authentication" in the control panel. PIN for my adapter was "6789". It is a generic ELM 327 from ebay.

Also, I had to select bluetooth adapter in HOB Drive, and type in the PIN again.