AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Nice, good job on the bluetooth odb. Does it auto-connect after pairing the first time or do you have to enter the pin each time?

I am not sure why the bypass is not working for you. I have the park brake wire grounded on my unit and everything works. If your settings are correct in the data.zip and you have no access to settings while driving perhaps grounding your park brake wire would be the easiest method.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice, good job on the bluetooth odb. Does it auto-connect after pairing the first time or do you have to enter the pin each time?

I am not sure why the bypass is not working for you. I have the park brake wire grounded on my unit and everything works. If your settings are correct in the data.zip and you have no access to settings while driving perhaps grounding your park brake wire would be the easiest method.

I had the same problem so I had to go back to Avic 2.0 and everything works fine when I copied back to 2.0. I also have my parking brakes grounded so that is not the problem..

Jimbo

Hmm, what units do you guys have? It could be the gyro coming back to haunt us. The f900bt, f90bt, and x910bt all have the gyro. Did you guys move the and ground the mute wire? Did you flash the winCE 6 as directed on the first post of this thread? I don't have the same issue with my f900bt, I wonder why? You could also try deleting all the data in the iGo save folder except the userlist folder.

Hmm, what units do you guys have? It could be the gyro coming back to haunt us. The f900bt, f90bt, and x910bt all have the gyro. Did you guys move the and ground the mute wire? Did you flash the winCE 6 as directed on the first post of this thread? I don't have the same issue with my f900bt, I wonder why? You could also try deleting all the data in the iGo save folder except the userlist folder.

I have F90bt. I have done everything including the gyro and the wince flash.I will delete the IGO folder and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Jimbo

As for your sound issues, there are various sys.txt commands which may help. I would suggest trying:

[sound]

use_os_volume=1

Thanks again Ryar! That seems to have equalized the volumes enough so that I can get some control with the sliders within Primo.

I haven't had those memory issues again either so launching into AvicNet works fine again.

I'd be set except I just now found one other issue. Seems that pressing the volume knob no longer starts the voice recognition dialing. The phone works fine for incoming calls, and clearly I don't call out much while driving or else I'd have noticed it by now, but it'd be nice to have back.

Anyone know how to re-enable the voice recognition dialing?

Thanks,

-PMS

I have F90bt. I have done everything including the gyro and the wince flash.I will delete the IGO folder and let you know what happens.

Thanks

Jimbo

I have a F90BT also. I did update to the latest CE as described in the first port. I reverted back to 2.0 for the moment since i need to use the GPS for a roadtrip this weekend. But i will try it again soon.

As for the bluetooth, it does not appear to require you re-pair everytime you start. But the BT stack does look flaky. It did not detect the adapter couple of times at boot. I had to restart for it to detect it again.

PMS, when you say that pressing the volume knob no longer starts voice recognition dialing, when did it stop working? Was it with the 2.1 update?

Couldn't say since I haven't tried to make a call for a while and I've applied a few different mods since then. I did clear MFD before applying 2.1 so I would think I've got a pretty clean slate.

Does it work for you? It could be a physical problem with my button.

Thanks,

PMS

Alright so pretty much everything is working for me now except for the OBD stuff. I have it plugged into my car port and the USB port, and when I click on the HOB program it comes up with every reading as nothing. So I tried changing the COM ports and everything but still could not get it to work. Any hints on what I am doing wrong?

Alright so pretty much everything is working for me now except for the OBD stuff. I have it plugged into my car port and the USB port, and when I click on the HOB program it comes up with every reading as nothing. So I tried changing the COM ports and everything but still could not get it to work. Any hints on what I am doing wrong?

Mine started up without much work so I don't recall any configuration that needed to be done, except that I'm pretty sure that it uses COM3. Also, I won't get a reading till I turn the key to the point just before ignition. Engine doesn't need to be running, but I think that turns on the OBD system so it will at least show you stuff like battery voltage.

I played around with my OBD reader via a laptop first so maybe you could use that to confirm that your car works with your reader.

-PMS

I am trying to setup hobdrive via bluetooth and have an elm327 bluetooth adapter and when I try to choose bluetooth the program just says "No update" for bluetooth, should I be picking a com? I am clueless....

PMS, if you have figured this out could you please lay out step by step instructions for a laymen like myself?

I am using the all the stock files from Ryar's release.

Any help is appreciated!

I am trying to setup hobdrive via bluetooth and have an elm327 bluetooth adapter and when I try to choose bluetooth the program just says "No update" for bluetooth, should I be picking a com? I am clueless....

Sorry, I'm not using bluetooth, just a USB elm327 adapter.

Though as I suggested above, I'd see if you can get it working on a laptop so you know that it is indeed an issue with the AVIC setup.

-PMS