AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Did you delete the iGo save folder? The user lists files inside are required to display shortcuts in the programs, ect menu. Garmin has been removed in this version avicnet 2.1.

not sure where the iGo save folder is located. i cant seem to find it anywhere. the only thing i deleted from the avic2.1 download was the maps and poi's for the USA.

as for the Garmin thats what i though. the folder is still there though. but since i seem to be missing all the extras then itll probably show up when i fix that issue.

Edit: just found the Save folder for iGo and it is still in there. i will go look on the unit in the car in a bit to confirm.

second edit: so for some reason the files in that folder didnt copy over. got it working now.

Thanks Ryar. you are awesome (and others that have helped with this hack)

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job gabbygenier, I'm glad you were able to fix the issue. I don't have my unit handy, but if there is a garmin folder with a "run" folder within you just need to add the garmin files and you are all set. There are several sites such as mobilism, gps underground, and mobile passion where you can get those files from. You will then need to create a shortcut leading to it to it in the settings/menu/navigation menu. Map the location as my flash disk/apl4/garmin/run/run.exe and you are all set. You can find unlocked maps on TPB.

PMS, I vaguely recall playing with the use_os_volume=1 command and I remember I set the TTS volume for Primo in the stock iGo settings and somehow those settings took precedence over Primo's. I don't remember any more details unfortunately. Comment out the keybind commands for volume in the sys.txt just in case. Also, try use_os_volume=0 instead, maybe this will force Primo to use it's own set volume rather then the volume the SD music is at.

I never tried using the screen off feature, sorry I can't help you with that one.

PSM and ryar,

I used to have the exact problem of voice guidance blowing my eardrums alway! But now, I don't have this problem anymore thanks to the use_os_volume=1 directive.

Like ryar, I don't recall exactly what I have done! Something like you would have to adjust the volume of the AVIC when playing MP3 (before launching Primo, I'm talking in an iGo8 mod environment, maybe not in AVICNet ... I never use AVICNet) to match approximately the same volume level as some volume levelS (note the big S) within Primo (you have to play with the free-running knob), before launching Primo. I'm sure that you can do it since I've done it myself ... just play with this idea.

As for the SCREEN OFF corruption, this is again because the Primo is not native to the AVIC HU. If you turn the SCREEN OFF under SYSTEM SETTINGS before launching Primo, you won't have this problem. Try it ... but I'm afraid that there is nothing that we can do about it! :(

Good luck.

Good job gabbygenier, I'm glad you were able to fix the issue. I don't have my unit handy, but if there is a garmin folder with a "run" folder within you just need to add the garmin files and you are all set. There are several sites such as mobilism, gps underground, and mobile passion where you can get those files from. You will then need to create a shortcut leading to it to it in the settings/menu/navigation menu. Map the location as my flash disk/apl4/garmin/run/run.exe and you are all set. You can find unlocked maps on TPB.

Made the shortcut and it now works, had some issues with it not being correct but it now works. now to get the maps to load :)

Also. just to let ppl know. i used a cheap non powered usb hub and was able to have my ipod and the OBDII reader working at the same time. next ill try adding a usb key with some maps loaded onto it and see if that will work also.

So does anyone else here use the voice dialing (started by pressing the volume dial) with Ryar's AvicNet2.1 and a f900bt? Currently pressing the volume dial isn't doing anything for me and I suspect it might be a hardware issue, but wanted to confirm that the button does work with AvicNet.

Thanks,

PMS

So does anyone else here use the voice dialing (started by pressing the volume dial) with Ryar's AvicNet2.1 and a f900bt? Currently pressing the volume dial isn't doing anything for me and I suspect it might be a hardware issue, but wanted to confirm that the button does work with AvicNet.

Thanks,

PMS

just tested this with my 700bt and it works fine. i know it doesnt help you much but i figured id try it out.

on a completly diff topic. has anyone tried a newer garmin UI? the one currently used is an older UI from garmin. the newest UI with Ecoroute. since our systems have BT i was wondering if wed be able to get this working. http://gbr.garmin.com/ecoroute-hd/ my gf has one for her car and its pretty kool actually.

if someone points me to how to get the UI i would be willing to try it out to see if it would work

just tested this with my 700bt and it works fine. i know it doesnt help you much but i figured id try it out.

I don't think it's a hardware issue with my AVIC as I just discovered that if you hold down the middle button for a couple seconds it registers as 'mute'.

Hmmm... I'm wondering if that custom CE6 that disables the gyro for f900bt units may also disable voice recognition. I don't believe the Euro versions had voice recognition and I think that custom CE6 was the work of Russians.

I've actually switched back to using iGo8 for navigation as Primo2.0 has a few issues that are becoming deal breakers. Namely, erratic sound volume issues, corruption of "Screen off", and frequent disabling of the backup camera. I'll switch back to a North American CE5 and see if that does the trick.

-PMS

Aha, finally determined that the middle button does start voice recognition, even with CE6, but only when you are on the AV screen(?)

I'm guessing that the modded navigation functions iGO8 in AvicNet block it for some reason. No big deal though as I rarely use it. It's just an extra button press or two to activate it on off the chance I need to make a call while driving, so no big deal.

My next challenge is to start up hobdrive and end up on the map/navigation screen of iGO8 when I start up the car. I modified Ryar's hobdprimo script, but replacing the call to Primo with 'Show ("iGO8")' only brings me to the AvicNet menu. Show ("MainMenu") brings me to the main menu. I suppose I could simulate button presses to get me there, but is there a direct script call that would bring up the iGO8 map after starting hobdrive?

Thanks,

PMS

on a completly diff topic. has anyone tried a newer garmin UI? the one currently used is an older UI from garmin. the newest UI with Ecoroute. since our systems have BT i was wondering if wed be able to get this working. http://gbr.garmin.com/ecoroute-hd/ my gf has one for her car and its pretty kool actually.

if someone points me to how to get the UI i would be willing to try it out to see if it would work

Just took a look and while it does look sweet, I think we're limited to Windows CE based software. I believe the Garmins use their own proprietary OS so it'd be very unlikely that this could be made to run on an AVIC.

-PMS

Just took a look and while it does look sweet, I think we're limited to Windows CE based software. I believe the Garmins use their own proprietary OS so it'd be very unlikely that this could be made to run on an AVIC.

-PMS

Booooo. dislike :(

what version is in the files? or how do i find out if its the latest version?

Hey guys,

I currently run Daftia's Hybrid mod and enjoy it. I was wondering if I could just somehow load HobDrive? I have a few tweaks such as my car as the map pointer that I'd rather not do away with. Plus I have no idea what this mod looks like and I don't think I want primo? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here are the steps for people experiencing GPS fix issues within Primo (due to gyro sensor), it is for f900bt and x910bt users only:

1) Update the CE5 winCE firmware image using the following steps. For NA units, use the download on the fx3.1 page: http://avic411.com/i...firmware-image/, or you can use this one: http://avic411.com/i...install-guide/. For Euro users make sure you have winCE 5 on your unit. If so all you need is CE6. If you need CE5 you should be able to use the one from the Italian thread: http://www.ulozto.cz/11020524/ce5-rar . Here is how as to update your winCE as per the fx3.1 thread:

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

2) After updating to CE5, flash the CE6 winCE image using the same steps as above. It is here: http://www.ulozto.cz...219-wo-gyro-rar.

3) Copy AvICnet on to your unit. Copy maps, pois, dem files, ect.

4) Reboot. That's it!

One thing to note, the CE6 is not actually an update to Windows CE6. It is just CE5 with a few updates and modifications (such as disabling the gyro).

Hi,

there is thus some disadvantages? I mean when I use igo8 I would like the gyro sensor-active ...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All -

Have downloaded the rar files for AVICnet2.1 along with the password file, but I am getting a corrupt file or bad password error when trying to uncompress.

Main Packages are in the links below:

AVIC Net 2.1:

Download File - 295.1 Mb

The password for the zip file is here: password.rar

AVIC Net 2.0:

NA VERSION:

http://www.wupload.c...ETenglishNA.rar

EURO VERSION:

http://www.wupload.c...etEnglishEU.rar

The password for the zip file is here:

Please do not share the download or password here or anywhere else!

TTS files for Primo 2.0 are here, note these links don't seem to last long:

Download File - 329.9 Mb