AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Thanks ryar for the quick respons, but i deleted the mod, because i couldn't find a way to copy my poi files ,i created on the stock igo, on the sd to use on primo.

On the stock igo i have everything on the sd from the content folder, but i couldn't find the poi that i created with the stock igo. If there is a way to do so i will try it, otherwise it's not an option for me , because there are a lot of loading adresses on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order for maps to be shared each iGo program must be in the same directory. Eg, APL2/iGo, APL2/Primo, APL2/Primo3. Your best bet is to copy Primo3 (assuming it is the one you want to use) onto the root of an SD card and put all the maps you need in it's content folder. In the sys.txt (SDcard/Primo3/sys.txt) remove or comment out all lines under [folders] except "has_secondary_root=0". That way Primo will use the maps in its own content folder rather then elsewhere. Note when Primo3 exists on the root of the SD card it will run that Primo rather then the one on My Flash Disk. The same holds true if it were put onto a USB drive.

Hey Ryar

so i gave that a try and no go. i put APL2 on the SD card (note that APL4 with garmin is on there also) with the iGo, Primo and Primo 3 folder in them with the edited SYS files (removed what was below folders).

i also tried to leave only the run folder of Primo3 on the deck and the full folder on the SD card, (like Garmin is set up) and no go with that one either.

only thing i didnt try yet is putting Primo3 and Primo on the root of the SD card. that is my next try. a lot of back and forth to the car haha.

had to redo the whole my flash disk at one point cause something screwed up and even though i only edited the APL2 folder and replaced it with original working one, it kept rebooting

Hi Ryar,

Please can you tell my how to add a new programm to the main menu? I'm trying to add Navigon Mobile Navigator (7.7.x) is the latest that supports WINCE5 with 800x480. It will be great to test it on the Avic F900BT. I'm planing to remove the Garmin Navigation (Not working for me, can't find GPS) and then use Navigon.

2288623400100225399S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks

Travolta, simply add Navigonto a folder in APL4 and point Avicnet to the exe file. Tap Avicnet, settings, settings menu (i think) and chose where you would like to add it. Then type in the path eg. My Flash Disk/APL4/Navigon/navi.exe. Choose an icon, and then save.

Garmin was included in avicnet 2.0 as was tomtom but both were removed to save space. Both are inferior to Primo 2.0 imho and having them on my unit was a novelty, therefore I took them out when I uploaded my altered avicnet 2.1.

Yes, you need to put Primo and Primo3 on the root of the SD card. Note you still need the My Flash Disk/APL2/Primo3/Run folder (and Primo/Run). The scripts to run Primo are inside that folder.

Hey Ryar

got Primo and Primo3 to work from the SD card :). Unit seems much faster to load. but now is there a way to get the iGo maps to go on the SD card also.

That means Garmin is working?

yep, theyve been working for a while now. just did what Ryar said to do.

Jas276 posted regarding having this issue, his solution is below. It looks like he added an aux battery and connected that to his avic. I wonder if he used a diode between his main and aux battery. There are a few other threads and posts out there regarding the issue, try searching and perhaps you can find more information.

Posted 23 December 2011 - 07:36 AM

My double start issue was caused by the voltage drop when I start my 4x4. I fixed it by running the main 12v wire (the yellow wire) from my aux battery (dual battery setup).

I went 4 wheel driving the other weekend and really liked the Oziexplorer maps, very helpful :)

The only thing I would like to change is the default igo program with the one from Diaftia's mod as it look better, but I think I read somewhere that it would be too much work to do???