AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

HI Matyana,

I was able to emulate your problem and can verify that if I choose a device ending with EW in the sys.txt then my bluetooth does not work. When I go to the bluetooth software update option it reads "Version: not found", where as if i use a UC device it reads a proper version number. I combined the two device files with both TMC and MSN Direct present and attempted to change the comm port there but the bluetooth still would not work.

Did bluetooth and TMC work correctly on the stock software from pioneer for your EW unit? Assuming it did, try using the device file(s) from it's data.zip and perhaps even the sys.txt. If that does not work take a look at Bagua's avicnet, perhaps his has bluetooth and TMC working. I'm sure if it was an issue it would be mentioned in his thread somewhere. Let us know either way if you have any luck or not.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PsychoMcSatan, what sort of diode did you use? How many watts was it rated for? I'm just curious, I have a few small 12V batteries which I am considering installing as a secondary system.

Hi Ryar,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been happily using my 900bt with no issues fort the past few months.

Anyway, I forget the specifics of the circuit that my dad helped me out with, but the details are discussed in this thread:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/19417-ignition-mod-on-f900bt/page__hl__%2Bignition+%2Bvoltage

There's a pdf a few posts in which is what I used. A page or two in is discussions about specific parts and alternatives.

Regards,

-PMS

Hello everybody

i just sat down yesterday and read all this thread trough.

this mod looks amazing, and i decided to try it, but im not sure if it will work on my f930bt?

also, can anyone link me to a download of the testmode archive, so i can back up my device before i start modding? :)

looked everywhere for a download link, but cant seem to find one that works?

Found a testmode dl here if anyone else was looking for it too

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/35351-european-2012-q1-teleatlastomtom-maps-complete-guide/

Edited by noes75

@Noes75

go to this post:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/33431-hybrid-4001-cnsd-300fm-guide-updated/

download the files through Torrent link provided, before downloading only select to download file "testmode" and ignore rest of the files.

If you can't, PM me your email address and i will send you the file as it is only 1.6MB.

Matyana

@Ryar

Thanks for your help. I have now figured out the issue as i suspected it was something to do with COM Ports overlapping. I merged files of EW and UC in DATA.ZIP and changed the Port for MSN services from 4 to 5 but left TMC at Port 4...... Thats it :) ..... both Bluetooth and TMC are working now. But i am unsure if it now overlap with any other service :o, as I am not aware if there is any other service or hardware using COM Port 5 !

FYI - in the main SYS.TXT file, i am using 746EW

Matyana

neos75, it will not work with your f930bt. It will only work for the f500bt, f700bt, f900bt, x710bt and x910bt.

Matyana - Can you share your working config/device files that you changed? It will help other users who are having the same issue and I will include it when I upload an updated avic net.

PMS - Thanks for the info, I have a capacitor on order.

@Ryar

yes sure....my sys.txt currently reads as under. I didn't make any change to sys.txt apart from pointing it out to 746EW and slightly changing following line:

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc2.spr"

to

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

but i am not sure if it makes any difference. I just changed it because this is how it was in my original stock.

Copy of sys.txt is as follows:

[device]

;type="PIONEER746UC" ; US F700/900/710/910

type="PIONEER746EW" ; Euro F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749EW" ; Euro F500

;type="PIONEER749UC" ; US F500

;type="PIONEER746CA" ; CA F700/900/710/910

;type="PIONEER749CA" ; CA F500

[interface]

skin="ui_pioneer"

default_day_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Day"

default_night_color="COLORSCHEME~Pioneer Blue Night"

tmc_events_icon_set="$tmc.spr"

small_tmc_events_icon_set="$smalltmc.spr"

show_kml_type=0

mapfontscale=200

show_exit=1

minzoom2d=50

maxzoom3d=6000

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

dpi=250

[debug]

speedcam_enabled=1

skip_eula=1

enable_roadshadow=1

enable_buildings=1

restart_mode_in_file=1

traincrossing=1

show_lane_info=1

[folders]

data="\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo"

tts_nuance="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\ScanSoft\RealSpeakSolo"

secondary_app="Storage Card/usericon,USB Disk/usericon"

usb_trackexport_path="\USB Disk"

storage_trackexport_path="\Storage Card"

[gps]

port=5

baud=9600

default_latitude="0.0"

default_longitude="0.0"

log_base_dir="\My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\LogData"

[2d]

show_guidance_arrows=1

show_guidance_strip=0

[3d_config]

roadsign_lines_per_screen=19

rotated_roadsigns=1

[local]

voice_key="Eng_us_m1"

default_language="english US"

[regional]

units=1

[dynamiccompressor]

compressor="1"

a0="56806"

thrs="24703"

ratio="8"

gain="8"

[timezone]

reset_os_timezone=1

multi_timezone=1

[map]

2dheadup=1

zoomfactor=110

3d_tunnels=1

show_oneway=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8600

3d_max_zoomlevel=600

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemul=22000

3dcarsizemin=3500

3dcarsizemax=8800

building_render_distance_far_front=6.0

building_render_distance_far_back=3.0

building_render_distance_medium_front=4.0

building_render_distance_medium_back=2.0

building_render_distance_near_front=2.0

building_render_distance_near_back=2.0

;inertia_on_map_move=1 ; mouvement inertiel par glisser sur la carte, pour arrèter le mouvement, cliquer de nouveau sur la carte

[smartzoom]

restore_smartzoom_on=1

speedzoom=6

speedangle=8

[roundaboutcam]

centery=60

[3d]

show_guidance_arrows=1

show_guidance_strip=0

guidancearrow_first_size=0.7 ; scale of 1st arrow

guidancearrow_first_alpha=16 ; transp of 1st arrow

guidancearrow_second_size=0.5

guidancearrow_second_alpha=12

max_poly_segments_shown=250 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

min_poly_segments_shown=155 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

max_poly_segments_shown_1=240 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

min_poly_segments_shown_1=155 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

max_poly_segments_shown_2=240 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

min_poly_segments_shown_2=155 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

max_poly_segments_shown_3=235 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

min_poly_segments_shown_3=155 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

max_poly_segments_shown_4=235 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

min_poly_segments_shown_4=155 ;makes map drawing a lot faster

[warning]

warn_distances="130:1400,125:1400,120:1400,120:1400,115:1400,113:1400,100:1400,97:1400,95:1400,90:1400,89:1400,85:1400,80:1400,75:1400,72:1400,70:1400,65:1400,64:1400,60:1400,56:1400,55:1400,50:1400,48:1400,45:1400,40:1400,35:1400,32:1400,30:1400,25:1400,24:1400,20:1400,15:1400,0:1400"

mute_voice_announce_during_alert=1

[switchmap]

changer="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"

1=",map_ta,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"

2=",map_nt,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"

[3dcar]

work_dir="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo"

mortscript="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\ThemeChanger\MortScript.exe"

In DATA.ZIP, i changed following two files by merging them with their respective UC files (& for MSN changed Com Port to 5):

1) PIONEER746EW.INI

info_names="PIONEER746EW"

[msnd]

msnd.start=1

msnd.version=2

fw_upgrade.enabled=1

fw_upgrade.image_path="\Storage Card\msnd.firmware.z"

comm.port=5

comm.thread_priority="normal"

comm.dt_read_write_tmout=0.1

comm.send_frame_retry_limit=3

comm.dt_send_tmout=1.0

comm.dt_alive_tmout=5.0

ui.selected_fuel_type="regular"

ui.fuel_price_limit_low=3.15

ui.fuel_price_limit_high=3.20

cache.tmc.thread_priority="low"

cache.tmc.dt_delete_expired_tmout=3600.0

cache.tmc.dt_max_sleep=3600.0

enable_flow_events=1

cache.dt_save_all=900.0

[sound]

device_id=1

use_os_volume=1

use_method=5

method5_maxvolume=40349

dynamic_volume_type=0

[tmc]

source="gns"

port="COM,4"

new_event_recalc_timeout=5

changed_event_recalc_timeout=15

enable_flow_lines=0

enable_flow_icons=0

2nd file is here, i am unsure if it does makes any difference or not but i changed it anyway.

2) PIONEER AVIC-F900EW.INI

info_names="PIONEER AVIC-F900EW"

[gps]

port=2

baud=9600

[msnd]

msnd.start=1

msnd.version=1

comm.port=5

comm.thread_priority="normal"

comm.dt_read_write_tmout=0.1

comm.send_frame_retry_limit=3

comm.dt_send_tmout=1.0

comm.dt_alive_tmout=5.0

ui.selected_fuel_type="regular"

ui.fuel_price_limit_low=3.15

ui.fuel_price_limit_high=3.20

cache.tmc.thread_priority="low"

cache.tmc.dt_delete_expired_tmout=3600.0

cache.tmc.dt_max_sleep=3600.0

[rawdisplay]

screen_x=800

screen_y=480

class="landscape"

highres=0

[sound]

device_id=1

[tmc]

source="gns"

port="COM,4"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Thanks for this mod.

Need Expert's advice on what I'm missing here:

I followed the steps as mentioned in the post 1 and still I'm not able to boot the AVICF500BT without the test mode. In normal mode (with SD card out), the GPS stays at the main welcome screen and does not move forward. So the quick way around I'm following is to boot the system in TESTMODE and then goto Flash disk-> APL2-> Primo3->Primo to work with the navigation,

I even tried running EZrider in test mode, and it reboots the system first time (on each Ezrider first run) and then I can use the Ezrider in the following run to work OK.

But it would be awesome if the EZrider can autiomatically load itself without the TESTMODE, so that I do not have to start the Primo manually.

Any help here would be much appreciated. thanks.

Hi Tomtomy,

Hmm, there could be a few things which are causing your unit to hang up during startup. Did you do the update in step #2? Also, make sure you don't flash the update for the f900bt since it will cause issues.

2) Ensure you are running Windows CE version 5.0 or above. You can check this by booting into testmde, going to the control panel and tapping on system. It will tell you your CE version there. If you need to upgrade, the f500bt is here

I have an f500bt which I use as a test unit and it boots up without issue so I can vouch that it is compatible. Other than the step above all I did was delete "my flash disk" and then copy the one from the avicnet. Make sure to copy some maps into the my flash disk/apl2/igo/content/maps folder, as well as pios and whatnot which are all also within the content folder. Sometimes a bad SD card will corrupt files, try copying onto another and give it another shot.

Thanks Ryar,

I checked the Win CE version and it is 5.0. And hence I did not do the update in step# 2.

I did copy maps/pois and dem files after the my flash disk from avicnet was copied.

The point , which I wanted to share was that:

1.) I only used the avic net 2.1 and did not bother with version 2.0 ? Could this be the problem.. like Did I have to install the 2.0 first and then go to 2.1??

2.) While deleting the my flash disk the folder my flash disk was never deleted. However all contents under it were deleted. And then I copied all the contents under avicnet myflash disk to the GPS's myflashdisk.

3.) I did have to modify sys.txt in APL2/IGO and APL2/PRIMO3 to change the port number to 7 to make GPS work.

I repeated the install process 3 times to make sure I did not miss anything.

Hi Tomtomy,

Hmm, there could be a few things which are causing your unit to hang up during startup. Did you do the update in step #2? Also, make sure you don't flash the update for the f900bt since it will cause issues.

2) Ensure you are running Windows CE version 5.0 or above. You can check this by booting into testmde, going to the control panel and tapping on system. It will tell you your CE version there. If you need to upgrade, the f500bt is here

I have an f500bt which I use as a test unit and it boots up without issue so I can vouch that it is compatible. Other than the step above all I did was delete "my flash disk" and then copy the one from the avicnet. Make sure to copy some maps into the my flash disk/apl2/igo/content/maps folder, as well as pios and whatnot which are all also within the content folder. Sometimes a bad SD card will corrupt files, try copying onto another and give it another shot.

Is there a workaround for this problem of not being able to boot without the TESTMODE.

Will there be any issue if I continue to use the GPS with testmode??

In case I have to live with test mode, can someone suggest a method, by which EZrider loads itself automatically on the Power on.

Thanks Ryar,

I checked the Win CE version and it is 5.0. And hence I did not do the update in step# 2.

I did copy maps/pois and dem files after the my flash disk from avicnet was copied.

The point , which I wanted to share was that:

1.) I only used the avic net 2.1 and did not bother with version 2.0 ? Could this be the problem.. like Did I have to install the 2.0 first and then go to 2.1??

2.) While deleting the my flash disk the folder my flash disk was never deleted. However all contents under it were deleted. And then I copied all the contents under avicnet myflash disk to the GPS's myflashdisk.

3.) I did have to modify sys.txt in APL2/IGO and APL2/PRIMO3 to change the port number to 7 to make GPS work.

I repeated the install process 3 times to make sure I did not miss anything.