AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have avic net running, but cannot figure out how to get HOBDrive to load my BT odb2 reader. 

i am not sure where to select/connect it....i go into the setting screen but there is not option for BT dongle. 

do i have to configure an extra port for it? how do i get the f900 to connect./ pair w/ the BT OBD2 reader?

any help?

Sorry ryar, I don't have name of the server as it only lists the IP & port, but if one follows EnoHands directions below it's a piece of cake.....there's nothing really wrong with your link....except that US servers don't like it for some rerason...

To this guy ^^^

the Multiupload.nl link works, but you need to go through a proxy, Google Germna proxy servers & then set the IP & port via your browser then go to the link. 

Im in USA & it wouldnt work for me until i went through a proxy, its slow to download (40kbs)

Say ryar, I know this is the wrong thread for this, but I am running Chuck88's latest mod with Primo 2.0 and when I launch Primo, it changes to the main menu screen with the Primo icons, but when I click on them or , say the map button nothing happens...I know that's not a lot of info, but any help would be greatly appreciated...

Redeye

i have avic net running, but cannot figure out how to get HOBDrive to load my BT odb2 reader. 

i am not sure where to select/connect it....i go into the setting screen but there is not option for BT dongle. 

do i have to configure an extra port for it? how do i get the f900 to connect./ pair w/ the BT OBD2 reader?

any help?

I had BT obd working at one point, however a compatable usb BT dongle.  It would be easiest to get a usb to obdii elm327.  The drivers will self load and you will never have to worry about pairing it each time.

Say ryar, I know this is the wrong thread for this, but I am running Chuck88's latest mod with Primo 2.0 and when I launch Primo, it changes to the main menu screen with the Primo icons, but when I click on them or , say the map button nothing happens...I know that's not a lot of info, but any help would be greatly appreciated...

Redeye

I don't specifically recall how Chuck set up his Primo, however I believe the stock igo process is killed which includes button control which would be why your MAP button is non-responsive.  Tapping the Primo icon on the main menu should allow you to access Primo.  I'm not sure why it isn't working, maybe try looking for a program called "button" in the primo folder and make sure it is mapped to where the primo.exe actually is.  The button file will have an exe, an image and also a config file all with the same name but different extension.  Make changes in the config file.

Thanks for the reply ryar.  I checked out the "button" area in the primo folder and everything seems to be correct as far as mapping to the primo.exe.  Got me stumped.....I don't know if it helps, but when I attempt to run primo and hit the map spot on the AV SD page it highlights, but nothing happens there either.  I really like Chuck's mod, but do you think I would have better luck with primo if I went with AvicNet?

I had BT obd working at one point, however a compatable usb BT dongle.  It would be easiest to get a usb to obdii elm327.  The drivers will self load and you will never have to worry about pairing it each time.

the dongles shouldnt be an issue, as i have about 15 of them..

however i do not see how you can actually pair anything besides the phone via the phone menu

any tips would be great

Thanks for the reply ryar.  I checked out the "button" area in the primo folder and everything seems to be correct as far as mapping to the primo.exe.  Got me stumped.....I don't know if it helps, but when I attempt to run primo and hit the map spot on the AV SD page it highlights, but nothing happens there either.  I really like Chuck's mod, but do you think I would have better luck with primo if I went with AvicNet?

Maybe try doing a fresh install, Chucks mod worked out of the box for me.

the dongles shouldnt be an issue, as i have about 15 of them..

however i do not see how you can actually pair anything besides the phone via the phone menu

any tips would be great

Go to the control panel and there you will see bluetooth.  I think the control panel is accessible via the utilities menu.  I had paired things with my avic but it didn't seem to remember them and I had to manually connect each time.  The usb obdii reader would be a better option although obviously you would have to hide the wires and whatnot.

Hey Ryar, Any idea how I can get Primo to auto start with the Radio rather than going through al the Avic screens?

Sure, tap avicnet, then settings.  From there I think you have to go to program settings.  Chose Primo, and from there you will have an option for it to auto-start. 

I have mine set up so all I need to do is hold down the map button for a few seconds and Primo will start.  I will upload my flash disk from my unit sometime since I have a few more tweaks then the latest upload here, but I have been pretty busy so I don't know when I will have time.