AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Ryar,

Its good to see that not everyone has abandoned the F series. 

There are alot of questions that i have on this unit , things that i belive are possible, but with the Wiki links all being dead & all the SW links being dead its hard to find outN & test items.

Thanks Ryar,

Its good to see that not everyone has abandoned the F series. 

There are alot of questions that i have on this unit , things that i belive are possible, but with the Wiki links all being dead & all the SW links being dead its hard to find outN & test items.

I echo this post EnoHand....many thanks to ryar....and the many who are no longer modding.  There are still a few of us diehards out there and I'm glad somebody is still around that has some expertise......

What did you have in mind? 

I guess my goal was to get Primo working with full functuality and an obdii reader program.  Both have been accomplished, I got the primo.exe with working sound from a Russian site and managed to figure out the drivers for a usb elm327 module and stumbled upon hobdrive.  Other than finding mre 3rd party winCE programs I'm not sure what else we can do. 

With powerful android tablets priced fairly low, Torque and Primo for Android both out-perform hobdrive and Primo for winCE.  I guess i can see why everyone has moved on.

I echo this post EnoHand....many thanks to ryar....and the many who are no longer modding.  There are still a few of us diehards out there and I'm glad somebody is still around that has some expertise......

Thanks, but all I did was stumble across avicnet and manage to get it working on my unit.  All credit goes to the pioneers on this site which have long moved on and the talented Russians who got together and created avicnet.  Funny, I never had any interest in connecting my avic to the internet but I like the interface and ease of running 3rd party apps in avicnet.  

• 3 weeks later...

WOW, this is soo awesome, thanks so much for working so hard on this.

I just installed this and I plan to order the ELM327 USB, I was wondering if you knew if the Bluetooth/USB version would work.  it still uses the usb to connect but its just wireless between the OBDII port and the USB connection, I figure it would work the same way, and for $16 I guess I could try it and now have to run wires.

also I ordered a SD Wifi card the Spectrec SDW 821 because I heard it had drivers that would work with CE, do you or anyone know if they have been able to get this to work for the internet via iphone using personal hotspot on a jailbroken phone.

this really almost turns the f90bt into a car computer, obviously its slower, but its way more reliable and compact.

also one other question, I saw core player and about jumped out of my seat, I was looking for a solution to play Flac audio files on the f90bt forever. 

so I loaded some up and they played, but no audio came out. I figure no volume control when playing anything with core player, is there a way to fix this?

also one other question, I saw core player and about jumped out of my seat, I was looking for a solution to play Flac audio files on the f90bt forever. 

so I loaded some up and they played, but no audio came out. I figure no volume control when playing anything with core player, is there a way to fix this?

On the AVIC F90/900/700BT, there is a volume/source selection control device that's on the Audio board, separate from the Navi board that does all the audio decoding for the USB/SD and drawing of pretty pictures on the display.  If the Navi board doesn't tell the Audio board to choose the USB/SD audio source to send to the speakers before it starts playing, you won't hear the output on the speakers.

If you can still run the stock Pioneer software, select SD or USB output and play a WAV or MP3 file.  If that works, pause the MP3 then switch over to Core Player and see if you hear output now.  If you do, that probably means you need some sort of app to mimic the stock Pioneer app commands that choose the source and set volume level.

• 2 weeks later...

ryar i am back with some "?"

so i had Avicnet up & running, but it was a bit buggy. I am now running Dafita's latest release & love it.

I have HOBDrive on the unit & i am able to launch it when i enable windows explorer/taskbar from the debug setting menu

now my question is this, how did you manage to push the drive out? 

on dafitas rom there is no detailed device manager like on avicnet, there also isnt the Comports app..

I would assume that i will need to allocate a com port & then also utilize the driver but i am stuck

i tried dissecting what you did in the avicnet vs the Italian & Russian 1 but it seems like quite a bit was modified.

any help or direction you can point me will bre greatly appreciated. 

thanks

You need to write some sort of script to load the drivers and restart your unit before launching hobdrive.  When avicnet initializes and reboots upon startup it is making many changes to winCE, one of which is copying drivers for an obdii to usb reader to your windows folder which were previously absent.  Look at the hobdrive website forums and there are some instructions on how to proceed. 

i did some digging on there but have not been able to get this up & running..

I think instead of the mortscript to call the drivers in each time, i am going to modiofyu the base OS to include them..(which i can figure out quite easyily) WHEN i figure out how the drivers need to be setup..

do you recall what you did for the COm Port? did you utilize portsplitter for it? did you create a new port via the reg?

thanks

• 4 weeks later...