AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ryar,

first I want to thank you for giving your time and effort in to these pioneers.

I just used it on my F910BT EU and it works and looks much better.

Now I do have something I do not understand and that is this:

You say maps and primo can run from the usb or sd.

is it that you take the maps from the my flash and put the primo and primo3 on root and inside them you copy the maps and all is done?

and I guess they cannot share the maps on sd or usb?

And also the comment out the lines, do you have to do that once you transfer them to usb or sd and if yes can you show me what or how you mean it.

i do understand you must keep the maps primo and primo3 in the my flash and have the run files in them.

Maybe you can also tell me which maps I should look for, I got "igo primo R3 teleatlas or must I look for Navteq maps and then 8.3?

thanks 

Hi Scoupevo,

To run off usb or sd copy the Primo3 folder to the root of the sd/usb.  In the sd or usb's sys.txt (in the primo3 folder you copied), under [folders] comment out or delete maps, buildings, dem, and poi.  You can then put all your maps in the content folder in the Primo3 folder on the sd/usb.  When you launch Primo it will first check your USB and SD before the flash disk, so you don't need to delete the Primo3 on My Flash Disk.  If you decide you want to delete Primo from My Flash Disk, make sure you leave the primo3/run folder intact as it contains the files required to launch Primo.  I hope this clears things up for you. 

The latest teleatlas (tomtom) or navteq maps will work; for Europe I believe 2013 Q2 is the newest at this point.  GPS Underground and Noeman are both good sites to find the latest maps.  Good luck!

Hi Ryar

I was already trying myself and figured it out before you could react, but because its not really clear if you must remover those line on de SD/USB or my flash disk I was confused. but as of now everything except the primo run folder can be removed from my flash disk.

In the meantime I also stumbled upon the trouble with the BT and TMC and combined all the files, so far so good I think.. 

The maps I have running now too, I tried before but could be I had them in the wrong map or maybe it was the license.

Uhm today when I started it was doing the initializing again, twice.. is this the cause of the booting.. power drop.. booting again?

If so, with stock I didnt had this problem other from that it just rebooted again.

I will keep an eye out on that and come back again, hope it wont do that all the time at least :)

Thanks a lot anyhow

To get TMC and BT to work you have to make a few changes.  Look back a few pages in this thread at post 517; matyana discovered a solution and posted it for us.

The unit will reboot twice upon initialization due to the following:  after a hard reset, the first time you are booting after being in testmode, and also if the power is cut off while it is in a certain stage of booting.  It shouldn't happen every time, if it is some users have found that their vehicle voltage drops too low upon starting the car.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

At first thank you for all this thread!

I am using the PRIMO.EXE to listen radio when driving and it is working

But I suppose it is a "light" version because it is not recognised as primo 9.6.2.209584

Where could i found the complete version or how can I use two primo.exe at the same time together?

Many thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Hello

and thx Ryar , i just have some questions for you or someone who knows:

half my menu is in english (like avicnet menu , setting ....)? and half in french (im french) , how can i have it in full french

i have one button (configure) in russian , can i change this ?

what about TMC ? dont have option anymore  

i know you explained how ; few previous pages ; but i didn't understood how to start direct on Primo(2) , i already set the hot button navigation and primo2 , and i set up the primo autostart with IGO

thx for any answer

• 2 weeks later...

PASSWORD DOES NOT WORK!

YES IT DOES!  IF COPYING AND PASTING DOESNT WORK THEN WRITE IT OUT!

Edit:  Re-upped, most links were dead.  REMOVED OBSOLETE PASSWORD FILES FROM OLD RELEASES TO HELP CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION.

Hello

and thx Ryar , i just have some questions for you or someone who knows:

half my menu is in english (like avicnet menu , setting ....)? and half in french (im french) , how can i have it in full french

i have one button (configure) in russian , can i change this ?

what about TMC ? dont have option anymore  

i know you explained how ; few previous pages ; but i didn't understood how to start direct on Primo(2) , i already set the hot button navigation and primo2 , and i set up the primo autostart with IGO

thx for any answer

I'll try to answer,

Many of the menus are located in files with the text typed out in English.  When you change to french they will stay the same, you will have to go through, translate and change the text to what you wish.  Where is the "one button" (configure) in russian?  I'm not sure what you mean.

I don't have TMC in my country so unfortunately I can't help much.  Read through the thread as others have posted TMC issues and how they resolved them.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking on how to start direct on Primo (2), can you clarify?  Do you want it to autostart?

• 4 weeks later...

any tips on maps? on the first page I see you can copy the original and primo2 will read it however mine are 2009.  are all igo maps compatible with this? I found a 2014 NA download it is 1.3gig, I would assume I would have to have them on the SD , where would I put them?