AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

6a) Copy maps,pois, dem files, ect from your backup of "My Flash Disk" to your unit. They are located in my flash disk/apl2/igo/content. Primo will share the stock iGo's maps.

You can use Tomtom or Navteq maps.  GPS underground is a good place to find them.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hy ryar. Sorry to bother, but isn't the F9310BT the same machine as F90BT or F910BT, but with less functions and casing specifically made to fit VW/Seat/Skoda cars?

Just asking, thanks.

According to this post:  http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/37403-f9310bt-f930bt-how-to-get-into-testmodeservicemode/ it is the VW version of an f930bt, so it probably won't work.

I had some time today so I uploaded my My Flash Disk from my unit; it has various changes.  It may not be for everyone so make sure you do a full backup in case it doesn't work for you.  See the first post of this thread for info.  I didn't test the upload since it was pulled from my unit; hopefully I didn't beak anything when I de-personalized and updated the programs.  Feel free to post with any issues, questions or general comments.

Hi  ryar,

I Installed avic-net 2.1 on my euro f700bt.  How do i startup the Garmin Navigation. I can't see a icon to start it up. I coppied the maps to the SD card and into the headunit, but i can't find the Garmin program.

the other thing that i have is that after driving a few miles the systen gives a popup screen with some memory problems. Then ths system becomes slow and i have to reboot the system. This only happens when i use the stock nav system not when i use Primo. I didn't test it with ths Primo2 system.

Can you please help me.

Tnx

PvdH

pvdhelm - There is no icon nor files for Garmin.  I took it out a long time ago since it was such a dated program and current maps are hard to find.  Check out the italian avicnet, I think it still has garmin included.  The link is in the first port of this thread.  Try 7ways, it is a much nicer looking program and the maps are easily available.

The memory problem with stock iGo is due aggressive memory settings in the stock iGo's sys.txt as follows:

[debug]
max_memory=29980000

If you comment out or delete the max_memory line you won't get those memory errors anymore.  I set it up like that so the stock iGo uses minimal memory so that Primo can run without issue simultaneously as stock iGo.

phil15 - As I stated above, I have aggressive memory settings for the stock iGo and this is the reason it causes the resets.  I checked on my unit and it does the same, I forgot that I had recently changed the memory settings to the lowest possible on the stock iGo.  Comment out the line as above if you choose, but note that Primo may have memory problems if you do so.  I never use the stock iGo anymore, only Primo and this is the reason I set it up like this.  I think I might set up my unit to launch Primo when the map button is pressed and maybe hobdrive when the menu button is help down, no more stock whatsoever.  Stock iGo is required to be running in the background in order to access the avicnet menus and also for button remapping and this is the reason I don't want the ezrider process killed upon launch of Primo.

6a) Copy maps,pois, dem files, ect from your backup of "My Flash Disk" to your unit. They are located in my flash disk/apl2/igo/content. Primo will share the stock iGo's maps.

You can use Tomtom or Navteq maps.  GPS underground is a good place to find them.

Since I haven't gotten new maps yet, I decided to try to load avicnet with just my original maps(50 states only). It is too big , I believe for my f900bt. My flash Disk(avicnet version) is now around 2gig. when I try to copy it to the unit in total commander it will copy for about 40 mins and I get access denied. I assume because the unit's capacity is full. Is there things I can remove, obviously I can remove the games but I doubt that would matter much. Remove the primo directories and put them on sd, again don't think that would matter much

sgtarky - It is pretty trim as it is, the games are only 24 mb or so.  Delete them if you choose, there isn't much else to delete that I can think of.  You could copy primo onto an sd card and comment out the maps, buildings, dem, poi lines under [folders] in primo's sys.txt (on the sd card), that way the maps will not be on your units limited flash memory.  Unfortunatly they will only work for Primo and not the stock iGo, however.  Do you really need 50 states' maps?  Guess I'm lucky, the Canada map is only 98 mb.  The premium dem file is huge though, over 300 mb.

gibear2k5 - My pleasure, nice to see someone post who has been around these forums since our avics were new.

I pretty much kept from D.C. to texas, up to kansas, indiana , Illinois ,I dont see myself every going to the west coast, Northeast, N,dakota,Nebraska. I will see if that works. I noticed a hybrid 4.0 firmware , will AVICNET work this? wouldnt you know it when I am ready to start this project gpsunderground is down.

btw I installed the wince6.0 upgrade you guys have posted from this thread..when I run test mode it still says its wince 5