AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Since you have to erase your entire my flash disk before starting hybrid 4.0 firmware would be impossible to use (the my flash disk portion anyways), unless it has a fresh wince image in which case you can give it a shot, worst case scenario you would have to flash back using the old wince image.  When was it released, do you know?

The wince 6.0 upgrade does not update your unit to wince 6.0, it just disables the gyro on f900bt and x910bt so 3rd party programs like primo can "borrow" the gps.  I'm not sure who labled it like that but it is misleading.  As far as I know wince5.0 is the best we can do which is a shame because some newer programs such as sygic aura require wince6.0 to run.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sd formated to fat32, drop the testmode folder on the root of the SD . Put SD in your unit, restart it and it should boot up into testmode

thanks, but the problem it's that some files from testmode folder are bricked and i don't know what of them are.

It won't work on your F920BT, only the following:  F500BT, F700BT, F900BT, F90BT, X710BT, and X910BT.

If you didn't flash a new wince image from the service menu simply revert to your backup and you should be ok. 

If you did flash a new wince image find the latest one for your unit and flash that.

Ryar,

First of all I want to thank you for the great work you did. I wonder if there is a possibilty to out the stock igo maps also on the sd card. Am I right, that it won't work at the moment because there is no run folder in the stock igo folder? I read something like there is a need for at least one map file on the flash drive in the italian forum, but I translated with google because i don't speak Italian and I'm not sure if i understood right.

Moreover i deleted max_memory line to avoid system crashs of the stock nav app, but it didn't change anything. The stock app keeps crashing when it comes to the point to show the map. Have no idea why at the moment.

And last but not least IGo just shows me English as system and audio language, although i copied all the language files back.

At the moment I haven't found a solution for that, would be nice to be able to change everything into German.

But these are peanuts, the job you did is extraordinary.

A plus.

Moreover i deleted max_memory line to avoid system crashs of the stock nav app, but it didn't change anything. The stock app keeps crashing when it comes to the point to show the map. Have no idea why at the moment.

I have the same problem on my F700BT , when I press map button unit restars

"- TMC should work with stock iGo, thanks matyana " - but how to check it while stock app keeps crashing ?

I don't know why it is crashing, maybe the settings need to be adjusted rather than deleted or it holds it's last value.  Last I checked increasing the values stopped unwanted behavior; playing with this helped me find the lowest possible memory usage on the stock igo.  I don't use stock iGo and mapped my buttons so the Map button launches and controls Primo, there is a download in the second post which will allow you to do so.  I even deleted the contents in my iGo/GFX folder to save space so sorry I can't check to see what the issue is.  Memory settings in the sys.txt is the only thing I played with however so it must be the issue.

Edit:  I think I found it, can someone copy this onto their unit and let me know if it still crashes when you press the map button:

my flash disk.rar

Hello Ryar,

First of all I want to say thanks for trying to help us solve this reboot problem.  I have tried your fix from the above post and am sad to report that it didn't change anything on my unit.  Please be advised that I am using your flashdisk copy of Avicnet, not the original, and have made no changes to the memory settings.  Thanks again for your efforts!

Redeye

I grabbed some files off my test unit right before it bit the dust and tried them and now it is working.  I think it was a corrupt file or something, sorry about that.  Anyways, I re-upped on the 2nd page of this thread.  If you don't want to copy the whole thing just copy and overwrite everything from the my flash disk/apl2/iGo folder except the content folder onto your unit if you used the 14/04/05 release.  

I grabbed some files off my test unit right before it bit the dust and tried them and now it is working.  I think it was a corrupt file or something, sorry about that.  Anyways, I re-upped on the 2nd page of this thread.  If you don't want to copy the whole thing just copy and overwrite everything from the my flash disk/apl2/iGo folder except the content folder onto your unit if you used the 14/04/05 release.  

Great job ryar.....works like a champ....thanks so much for sticking with us!  I prefer the stock iGo when I'm driving locally but use Primo when I'm traveling.  Your efforts made that possible!  My hat's off to you!