AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Ryar:

Great job on the language changeover! NOw the question is where can I get link for OziExplorer, TomTom and Garmin Maps?

Thanks

Jimbo

Thanks! Can you edit your previous post and delete the quote from post #1? It takes up a lot of unnecessary space.

I need a copy of "my flash disk" from a Euro unit complete with English TTS, do you know where I can find one?

Hi Ryar,

How about a copy of "My Flash Disk" from and Australian F900BT for an Australian version???

I have this unit in my Toyota HiLux 4X4 and the iGo maps are useless offroad. I'd love to be able to put an OziExplorer map on it for offroad use :)

Hi Ryar,

How about a copy of "My Flash Disk" from and Australian F900BT for an Australian version???

I have this unit in my Toyota HiLux 4X4 and the iGo maps are useless offroad. I'd love to be able to put an OziExplorer map on it for offroad use :)

Sure, after we get the Euro version working properly I will need some files from your Aussie AVIC. I will PM you. In the meanwhile, you could try the NA download. TMC and Aussie TTS probably won't work but if that is secondary for you it should hold you over. Note if you have a f500bt oziexplorer doesn't want to see the GPS, but it is working on a f900bt.

So I installed it on a Euro unit, but what the hey... All it did was change the icons on the Top Menu and return me to the standard igo interface and map ui (I was on Diafta's). No access to even launch Primo in either incarnation?

I'll wait till there is a proper Euro version. Though I think I will stick with the std version for the moment as backing up, deleting and copying took ages.

What difference does a Euro/US unit make?

So I installed it on a Euro unit, but what the hey... All it did was change the icons on the Top Menu and return me to the standard igo interface and map ui (I was on Diafta's). No access to even launch Primo in either incarnation?

I'll wait till there is a proper Euro version. Though I think I will stick with the std version for the moment as backing up, deleting and copying took ages.

What difference does a Euro/US unit make?

The Euro version will support TMC and UK English TTS. If you tap on "Destination" in the top menu, it will bring you to a new menu where you can launch all 3rd party programs.

The Euro version has been added in Post #2. Thanks to Ovalball for bouncing files back and forth and assisting in getting it working. Note the Avic Net icon on the Top Menu is now labelled as Destination as it was originally.

The Euro version will support TMC and UK English TTS. If you tap on "Destination" in the top menu, it will bring you to a new menu where you can launch all 3rd party programs.

Yep, nope. The Destination button doesn't do that for me, it just goes through to iGO. I did notice the AVICnet screen initialised several times and there was a brief windows error message in Russian. My luck with the unit carries on... I will re-instal to make sure i copied everything over properly.

EDIT

The Euro version has been added in Post #2. Thanks to Ovalball for bouncing files back and forth and assisting in getting it working. Note the Avic Net icon on the Top Menu is now labelled as Destination as it was originally.

I am downloading now and will try that one. Thanks to you Ryar and Ovalball (not sure if I didn't want France to win actually).

Yep, nope. The Destination button doesn't do that for me, it just goes through to iGO. I did notice the AVICnet screen initialised several times and there was a brief windows error message in Russian. My luck with the unit carries on... I will re-instal to make sure i copied everything over properly.

It would be best to erase your my flash disk before copying on to your unit, sometimes left over files yield unwanted errors.