AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No luck.

I did all the changs you suggested and still no luck. Without the address of the map (UK copied as per instructions and sys.txt amended) Primo returned an error saying it oculdn't find the map, I carried on and there was no map. Despite this I guess the systme was still putting me in London as the buildings came through and Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament were right next to me (where Primo had been putting me previously with the maps).

Garmin and TomTom still don't pick up a GPS signal.

Two things I noticed.

1 There is a "crash.txt" in the Primo folder. I have copied it to my SD card and will share it later when I am home. There might be info in there?

2 When the systme is warming up it briefly flashes the portsplitter status window. I can see there that port 7 and 9600 baud are set. Sys.txt specifies port 6. If I change the sys.txt entry to 7 I get a message about "attempting to detect GPS hardware" (something along those lines anyway). I am not sure how to run the portsplitter and change the port. If I run it once avicnet has started I get an error?

Stock iGO is looking good to me now ... Although that has changed a bit as well ...

Oh, I thought it was putting you in France before? When you comment out the lines under folder it will look for maps, ect in its own directory. So long as you put a basmap file in the map folder it won't give you a "no maps found" message. Are you certain you put the maps in the same directory that you ammended your sys.txt? There are 2 as I stated above, Primo and Primo2. Try launching Primo in test mode.

The sys.txt is set to port 6 because the port splitter splits port 7 to 5 and 6 I believe, and all 3rd party programs use port 6. If you shut off the port splitter or choose to not auto-launch it you will need to set your sys.txt to port 7 but remember if the stock iGo is running other GPS programs won't see it. You need to close or kill the ezrider process first.

What unit do you have? You seem to have some issues that I don't experience. I am running AVICnet on my NA f500bt and my f900bt and it works perfectly. I also loaded the Euro version and did not experience any issues, although I cannot vouch for TTS or TMC.

I never looked at a crash.txt file so i'm not sure it will help.

Ovalball, can you let us know if you are having any issues on your unit with the Euro release?

I'll double check but i'm pretty sure commented out only the Primo sys.txt, removing all mention of where the maps might be. I then copied the UK map, buildings, poi and base map from igo to primo. I then deleted the save folder on the user folder. I went through a reset defaults in primo. It returned an error about not finding the maps but allowed me to continue whereupon it put net to Big Ben. Nit Paris anymore. Tomorrow I'll launch it in test mode and see what happens.

Maybe pioneer released various different models incompatible with this hack? A far as I know it is a bog standard F900BT of the euro variety.

I'll double check but i'm pretty sure commented out only the Primo sys.txt, removing all mention of where the maps might be. I then copied the UK map, buildings, poi and base map from igo to primo. I then deleted the save folder on the user folder. I went through a reset defaults in primo. It returned an error about not finding the maps but allowed me to continue whereupon it put net to Big Ben. Nit Paris anymore. Tomorrow I'll launch it in test mode and see what happens.

Maybe pioneer released various different models incompatible with this hack? A far as I know it is a bog standard F900BT of the euro variety.

It centers on Big Ben, thats great news! That means that it is either the building file or the POI file which decides where the map is centered before you get a GPS fix for the first time. Mine centered on our Parliament building and then gets a fix on my location when I started it for the first time. I am optimistic that Primo does not like multiple building files and won't center on your location if it initializes in another county. Perhaps it will turn out it worked out for the best that your system couldn't find any map files. I look forward to your results with only one of each map/poi/building/dem file.

Edit: Please disregard the last statement. I managed to simulate the same GPS problem you are having. I use Primo 100% of the time, but today I shut it down and started it up a few minutes later while driving. It then would not show a location on the map but had a fix on 11 satellites. I deleted the save folder and restarted and problem went away. It seems if you don't get a fix in the same location you shut the unit off this problem sometimes occurs. I found the file which stores your last known location in the save folder. Tomorrow I will try to simulate the problem again, delete that file and see if it centers on my location of the map afterwards. If it works I will add a script to delete that file before launching Primo and add it to the main downloads, as well as separately for those who already have AVICnet installed so they can apply the patch without deleting everything and starting from scratch.

It centers on Big Ben, thats great news! That means that it is either the building file or the POI file which decides where the map is centered before you get a GPS fix for the first time. Mine centered on our Parliament building and then gets a fix on my location when I started it for the first time. I am optimistic that Primo does not like multiple building files and won't center on your location if it initializes in another county. Perhaps it will turn out it worked out for the best that your system couldn't find any map files. I look forward to your results with only one of each map/poi/building/dem file.

Edit: Please disregard the last statement. I managed to simulate the same GPS problem you are having. I use Primo 100% of the time, but today I shut it down and started it up a few minutes later while driving. It then would not show a location on the map but had a fix on 11 satellites. I deleted the save folder and restarted and problem went away. It seems if you don't get a fix in the same location you shut the unit off this problem sometimes occurs. I found the file which stores your last known location in the save folder. Tomorrow I will try to simulate the problem again, delete that file and see if it centers on my location of the map afterwards. If it works I will add a script to delete that file before launching Primo and add it to the main downloads, as well as separately for those who already have AVICnet installed so they can apply the patch without deleting everything and starting from scratch.

Good to know that I'm not mad.

As an update. I couldn't get Primo to find my map in primo>content>maps (UK and basemap) so I returned the sys.txt to the original. The maps were found, I got a "your maps appear to be out of date" message and then the system located me immediately at my true location! I didn't delete the save folder.

Has anyone in the uk managed to get TMC traffic working with the version of primo contained within this mod?If so,can you tell me how please!I did have it working spasmodicly with the previous version but can't get it going on this one.Thanks.

I will check, I'm pretty sure it is working though.

Another question. Rather than a USB modem is it possible to use a USB wifi stick? I was thinking of tethering to my Android phone.

Another question. Rather than a USB modem is it possible to use a USB wifi stick? I thinking of tethering to my Android phone/

I know it worked with the download in http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32522-primo-for-avic-f-series/ but have noticed in the download with this thread that there is no TMC folder in the contents folder.Also there is no reference to TMC in the sys.txt. I did replace the new Primo folder with the older one,but then i couldnt get a GPS fix.I am 95% there,just need a working TMC and I will a happy bunny!!

OK, I believe I figured out a little bit more for those who are having the the problem with the map not showing the current location despite having a GPS fix in Primo. It seems Primo does not like to be shut down abruptly without going through its exit cycle and causes this bug to occur on some units. An abrupt shutdown happens on my f900bt whenever I shut off the ignition, unlike the standby that occurs in my f500bt. Oddly, if the unit get a GPS fix in the same area it was shut off it will show my location on the map.

For anyone having this problem I have not found a way to reverse it, your only option at this point is to delete the entire save folder (located at my Flash Disk\User\\UserData\Primo). You can copy the user.upoi file before deleting and put it back after the unit initializes to retain your favorites (pios). When you start up and initialize for the first time, choose all your options and make sure to choose the GJ skins in the display settings (day and night). From now on when you are using Primo allow it to exit before shutting off the ignition, you can do this by tapping the bottom bar on the map screen and then the exit icon in the bottom right. You can also add an exit icon to the quick menu. Note these options are only available with the GJ skin. I will fix the Close Primo button to close the process rather then kill it and re-upload the packages when I have some free time; in the meantime avoid using it if you are experiencing this issue. For those who do not have the problem with the map not displaying the current location this post can be ignored.

The weird thing is my f500bt never had this issue after using Primo on it for nearly 3 months, only my f900bt has recently had this problem. Perhaps the battery in the f500bt prevents it from having an abrupt shutdown?

If you are experiencing this issue please provide some feedback whether or not these steps worked for you, and provide details if the bug returns.

Another question. Rather than a USB modem is it possible to use a USB wifi stick? I was thinking of tethering to my Android phone.

It would be nice, but I wonder how many USB wifi sticks come with Windows CE drivers and software?

Not much to add...just wanted to reiterate how much fun I'm having with this release.

That's good to hear! I am still anxiously awaiting my OBDII reader and have located a few more OBDII Windows CE programs. Man, shipping takes forever from China!