AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

I don't think this is the issue Ryar is talking about. Specifically, the issue highlighted happens to units that can find the GPS but can not translate that into a position on the map. I have only had the 'detecting GPS' if there was something wrong with the port setting.

Ryar, unfortunately i'm away for the next few Weeks so can't test your work around. Is there anything on the Italian forum about this issue?

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a different issue all together. Check Primo's sys.txt and make sure under gps it reads: port=6 and baud=9600. If you shut off your port splitter you need port=7 and have to kill iGo before launching Primo (Primo w/o iGo8). Note Primo w/o iGo 8 is loacted in the APL2/Primo2 folder.

Ok. I changed the sys.txt to port 6 and the baud was already set for 9600. This time is says "Looking for GPS" I got at least 9 green bars with 10 bouncing around at read. It did show up the City of St. Paul and show some of the street names. But I went no farther. One thing I noticed while I had Primo up and running, I was able to hit the "Map" button on Avic and was brought back to the navigation screen on Igo8. I thought when I load Primo, it suppose to kills IGO8. Is that true?

That all I have for you. Sorry!

Keep up the great work as I really enjoy modding around!

Any idea what to do next?

Jimbo

Same problem here (Netherlands), the unit keeps om saying "Auto detecting GPS" location is somewere in Berlin with 3d buildings. Port and baudrate confirmed in sys.txt. The unit is a F900bt with I think firmware 3.02. Also tried Igo8 on port 6 and Primo on 5, no succes.

Will try to change data.zip --> config\devices\pioneer746ew.ini

Thank you for you afford so far Ryar, great release!!! Anything else we can try to get a fix?

If your ports are set to 6 in Primo it is likely your port splitter is not running. Tap Avicnet, then settings, then system settings. Make sure port splitter is set to on. If it is and you are having issues start total commander and go to \my flash disk\system. Scroll down to portsplitter.exe and launch it (double tap). You input should be set to com7, baud 9600 and output to com5 and com6. If it isn't, stop splitter and change the appropriate setting, then start splitter. Tap exit, and relaunch portsplitter.exe. It should have saved the settings you put in and it will auto-launch with those settings.

I don't think this is the issue Ryar is talking about. Specifically, the issue highlighted happens to units that can find the GPS but can not translate that into a position on the map. I have only had the 'detecting GPS' if there was something wrong with the port setting.

Ryar, unfortunately i'm away for the next few Weeks so can't test your work around. Is there anything on the Italian forum about this issue?

Nothing in the Italian forums that I can recall. I tried the exact release of Primo from their mod and had the same issue. I am curious if all in-dash units are having this issue or just some. I didn't have it happen to me for the first 2 weeks after I installed my f900bt, I must have launched Primo before starting to drive. The only thing I could find online is that it is a baud issue; I tried several baud settings and had the same issue. I can confirm with certainty that my f500bt is able to launch Primo while driving and that it has not had this bug, and I have been using Primo on it since late August. The files on each unit are identical to each other, the only difference is the firmware. Oddly, with no gps settings what so ever in the sys.txt on the f500bt it briefly give the message "auto detecting GPS" and then detects the gps and gets a satellite fix, but with the f900bt with no gps settings in the sys.txt it will display the message "auto detecting GPS" and never auto-detect. Perhaps the f500bt has more Primo friendly firmware installed, or the built in GPS is more easily detected by Primo. It sucks that the more expensive and feature rich unit (f900bt) is the one having issues.

I can live with having to launch Primo while stationary on the f900bt but would sure like to find a fix for this issue. I tried a different Primo 1.2 (May 20, 2011) today and the same problem occurred.

Ok. I changed the sys.txt to port 6 and the baud was already set for 9600. This time is says "Looking for GPS" I got at least 9 green bars with 10 bouncing around at read. It did show up the City of St. Paul and show some of the street names. But I went no farther. One thing I noticed while I had Primo up and running, I was able to hit the "Map" button on Avic and was brought back to the navigation screen on Igo8. I thought when I load Primo, it suppose to kills IGO8. Is that true?

That all I have for you. Sorry!

Keep up the great work as I really enjoy modding around!

Any idea what to do next?

Jimbo

Hi Jimbo, it looks like you are having the issue discussed in post #70. Start up your unit, do a hard reset after it has launched (it will then restart twice), and start Primo. Make sure you do all this with the vehicle stationary, when you are moving and launch Primo this bug seems to occur. Make sure when you start/stop Primo from now on you are not moving and it will work. You can shut off the car/closePrimo/or exit through the GJ skin, so long as you are not moving.

If your ports are set to 6 in Primo it is likely your port splitter is not running. Tap Avicnet, then settings, then system settings. Make sure port splitter is set to on. If it is and you are having issues start total commander and go to \my flash disk\system. Scroll down to portsplitter.exe and launch it (double tap). You input should be set to com7, baud 9600 and output to com5 and com6. If it isn't, stop splitter and change the appropriate setting, then start splitter. Tap exit, and relaunch portsplitter.exe. It should have saved the settings you put in and it will auto-launch with those settings.

Port splitter is set on and set as mentioned. Unit keeps on saying "Looking for GPS". After some adjustments Primo wil start but when I tap the map button the unit restarts. I think I'll have to start form scratch again.....

Port splitter is set on and set as mentioned. Unit keeps on saying "Looking for GPS". After some adjustments Primo wil start but when I tap the map button the unit restarts. I think I'll have to start form scratch again.....

Another solution would be set iGo and Primo2 sys.txt to port 7 in the sys.txt and shut the port splitter off. Make sure to launch Primo w/o iG08 so that the stock iGo is shut down; if it is still running Primo won't see the GPS and give you the "detecting GPS" message.

I know your still trying to get this perfected on the American and European models before you work on a version for the Australian models...so I decided to have a bit of a play for myself and see what I can come up with.

Anyway, I managed to get it running (iPod, phone, bluetooth, and maps)....BUT, when I select the Navigation option it doesn't give me any choices such as Tom Tom, Oziexplorer, iGo, iGo2, Primo ect...

If I push the Maps button on the unit it runs the standard iGo maps (which I'm fine with), but I would really like to know how to bring the option up for Oziexplorer maps.

Is there an .ini file or something that I need to modify (eg. comment or uncomment out a few lines?)

I don't know if it matters but I have a F900BT Australian version (which after a lot of reading have found it to be the same as the EU models (746EW))

Thanks

I know your still trying to get this perfected on the American and European models before you work on a version for the Australian models...so I decided to have a bit of a play for myself and see what I can come up with.

Anyway, I managed to get it running (iPod, phone, bluetooth, and maps)....BUT, when I select the Navigation option it doesn't give me any choices such as Tom Tom, Oziexplorer, iGo, iGo2, Primo ect...

If I push the Maps button on the unit it runs the standard iGo maps (which I'm fine with), but I would really like to know how to bring the option up for Oziexplorer maps.

Is there an .ini file or something that I need to modify (eg. comment or uncomment out a few lines?)

I don't know if it matters but I have a F900BT Australian version (which after a lot of reading have found it to be the same as the EU models (746EW))

Thanks

Copy from the Euro or NA download this folder to your unit: my flash disk\user\userdata\iGo\SAVE\userlists. In that folder there are all the settings for menus, ect to display all the programs on the avicnet menu.

Ryar,

The trick with sys.txt to port 7 and shutting off the port splitter doesn't seem to work. Still “Looking for GPS signal…”. I’ve noticed that time, date and height is coming trough. Maybe the gps source need to be assigned in syst.txt --> source=”nmea” ? Will try this afternoon. Any thing else we can try Ryar?

Copy from the Euro or NA download this folder to your unit: my flash disk\user\userdata\iGo\SAVE\userlists. In that folder there are all the settings for menus, ect to display all the programs on the avicnet menu.

Thank you :)

It worked great.

It seems when I loaded the AVICnet Flash Disk stuff on I went into the \My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\SAVE folder and deleted eveything (including the userlists folder) so there wasn't any saved settings in there...whoops

Now I just gotta play around a bit to get Primo working properly.

I seem to be having the bug as others with the fault "Looking for GPS" on the screen but when I tap on the GPS icon it shows it has a strong signal from 7 to 9 satellites.

And I just gotta work out where to put the Tom Tom maps I have so it works too

Thanks once again ryar

Ryar,

The trick with sys.txt to port 7 and shutting off the port splitter doesn't seem to work. Still “Looking for GPS signal…”. I’ve noticed that time, date and height is coming trough. Maybe the gps source need to be assigned in syst.txt --> source=”nmea” ? Will try this afternoon. Any thing else we can try Ryar?

You can download the tool from this page: http://gpsundergroun...d-protocol.html

It is a utility that will find your GPS port, speed and protocol. I never heard of and AVIC F series that ran on another port besides 7 but maybe there are a few exceptions to the rule. Run it from test mode. For myself, all I have on both my f900bt and f500bt as port 7 and baud 9600. You can also look at your backup my flash disk and see what is in the stock iGo's sys.txt.