AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

The Diafta mod has testmode in it. When you launch with diafta's mod on a sd card it takes you to a screen with a number of options (if the unit is US, EU, etc...) but at the bottom is a button that says CANCEL. If you press that you drop out into WinCE desktop.

Let's just say that I was an idiot and deleted the Diaftia mod to load this on the SD card. What's the alternate way of entering testmode.

Thanks,

John

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryar I found this for check engine:

Setting up the USB connection

Connect the power adapter USB-ECU to the USB-port. And the computer will detect the adapter and will choose the driver to install.

If you connect your computer could not find the right driver and the adapter remains in the device list as "Unknown Device" - remove the AC adapter from the USB-port of the computer, install the adapter driver, USB-ECU, which is available at Download Site www.check-engine.ru. Then plug the adapter into the USB-port.

For the program Check-Engine with an adapter, the program must select the right COM-port. To determine which COM-port adapter, a connection is selected, go to My Computer> Properties> Hardware> Device Manager. In the list of devices, locate the "Ports (COM & LPT)". In the drop-down list should appear device USB Serial Port (COM X), where X - number of virtual COM-port. Select the program settings "Check-Engine" is the port.

So CheckEngine can select port 8 and should be able to work correct?

Thanks for the info. Here is where we are at with the OBDII: It seems the Russian check engine program only works with the module they sell, which is why it has been omitted in the Italian mod. While I can successfully connect my reader to other OBDII programs for PC, I cannot connect to Check Engine. In the settings you are promoted to enter the serial number for the OBDII reader. My reader is an ELM327 and there is no serial number present, which likely the reason the software will not connect.

There is other software for winCE OSBII readers, some specificly for the ELM327. No luck on any of the ones I tried as well. FourG mentioned back in post 160 and 162 that is is possibly a driver problem. I haven't tried playing with any drivers yet, I guess that is the next step.

I can confirm that the driver for Windows 7 on the Check-Engine website did the trick for my ELM327 on my PC. Hopefully the Windows CE driver from that site will work for my AVIC and OSBII. Now it is a matter of configuring the driver for the reader. I will post back with any news.

I also often restart ...

Neither my F500BT nor F900BT do a double start except after booting to testmode or when initializing for the 1st time. I wonder if the problem is Vehicle specific due to a voltage drop when turning the engine over when starting?

1. I want to change some names ("games", "programs", "Utilities", etc..) on the otherc (in my native language).

Where I find a file (and which) and how to edit? (some program name)

2. Is it possible to map to the navigation software (igo, garmin, TomTom, etc) read from SD or USB. Avic is low on internal memory, unfortunately,

Where I find a file (and which) and how to edit?

Sorry for my English - I use a translator ;)

With going of what sk4000 said is there a way to make this run purely off the SD card or USB drive?

You can change the Program names by tapping AVICnet, settings, settings menu, specific program (navigation\Primo for example), and edit. The icon, path, description, program name and more can be changed.

Yes you can run programs from SD or USB rather then My Flash Disk. When launching many programs your AVIC will first check if the program is on SD or USB first before launching from My Flash Disk. The path on the SD card should be as follows: (Note the SD is the root of the card, not a SD folder):

Primo: SD\Primo\

Note you need to comment out all lines in the sys.txt under (FOLDER). If the NNG programs are not in the same directory they will not share maps, ect. You must then place all maps/voices/poi/ect in the Content folder.

Primo2: SD\Primo2\

Follow the same steps as above for content.

TomTom: SD\TomTom\

I never tried this yet and can't confirm, but if you use this method maps should go inside SD\Map

Garmin: SD\APL4\Garmin\

Maps go inside this folder as well.

OziExplorer: SD\APL4\OziExplorer

If you choose to relocate programs to SD or USB you can delete the programs from your My Flash Disk. Make sure to leave the Run folder intact; the files inside are required to launch the programs from SD\USB\My Flash Disk.

I added the same instructions to Post #1.

One more thing to mention, Initially we thought Primo 1.2 reset the unit upon exit due to a memory problem but this is not the case. It is a license issue. Depending on what unit Primo has been pulled from, some require that is run off SD therefore the unit reboots when an SD is not detected; this may explain why an SD card must be inserted and audio played off it to get sound in Primo 1.2. If you delete the license files in Primo 1.2 and replace them with the license files from 1.0 the unit will no longer reboot upon exiting and "killing" the process is no longer required.

Has anyone who has successfully got the maps working in Garmin and Tom Tom please confirm exactly where you have put them.I am looking at the instructions in post 1 and refer to the instructions regarding Tom Tom.I don't have a directory called My flash disc/Maps.Or do I have to create one?

Sorry Ovalball, I gave you bad advice. The correct path is My Flash Disk\Map. (singular)

Hello,

I tried Avicnet EnglishEU and Avicnet Italian in my F500BT (WINCE5, version 2.0070000) but not get it to work.

In both cases I have the same problem, the system does not start (only see the boot screen but do not get to see "starting system").

You give me some idea? Is it necessary to upgrade WINCE? How F500BT is updated (WINCE)?

Thank you all for your work

You can change the Program names by tapping AVICnet, settings, settings menu, specific program (navigation\Primo for example), and edit. The icon, path, description, program name and more can be changed.

Yes. This I know. But how change name: navigation, games, utils, etc (in menu avicnet)??

Hello,

I tried Avicnet EnglishEU and Avicnet Italian in my F500BT (WINCE5, version 2.0070000) but not get it to work.

In both cases I have the same problem, the system does not start (only see the boot screen but do not get to see "starting system").

You give me some idea? Is it necessary to upgrade WINCE? How F500BT is updated (WINCE)?

Thank you all for your work

It sounds like you have an old version of winCE. Follow the steps on this thread to update: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/31481-ver-30-or-later-on-f500bt/page__hl__f500bt__fromsearch__1

Yes. This I know. But how change name: navigation, games, utils, etc (in menu avicnet)??

You will have to make some changes to the avic_net_800_480.ui file (in iGo\ui_pioneer\UI). Just under <layer ui_AvicMenu_an z=30> (line 40) you can change the menu names to what you please.

Neither my F500BT nor F900BT do a double start except after booting to testmode or when initializing for the 1st time. I wonder if the problem is Vehicle specific due to a voltage drop when turning the engine over when starting?

That could be true as I measured my battery as it was starting and it drops to 3V (from 12V).

I have bought a small 12V battery that I am going to wire the head unit to so it has full 12V all the time and see if it makes any difference.