AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if we just replace check engine with HOBD. Can you test out replacing the folder in APL4 and then replace the text in programs_83.txt which is under My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\SAVE\userlists. SETUP.INI will read programs_83.txt and we should now have replaced Check Engine with HOBD. What do you think? Also, I am assuming this is the free version?

What if we just replace check engine with HOBD. Can you test out replacing the folder in APL4 and then replace the text in programs_83.txt which is under My Flash Disk\User\UserData\iGo\SAVE\userlists. SETUP.INI will read programs_83.txt and we should now have replaced Check Engine with HOBD. What do you think? Also, I am assuming this is the free version?

Yes and No. It (hobd.exe) will not launch through a shortcut in the avic net menu, it seems it needs total commander or explorer running in order to launch properly. I started writing a script in which it first launches total commander, then checks if the driver is installed before launching hobd, if it is not it will prompt you to do so but mortscript and my unit are being uncooperative today. I will give it another shot tomorrow if I have some time. Note the standalone version of hobd does not require .net 3.5, lucky for us. Hobd is the free version and it is very impressive software unlike some others I tried which have interfaces which look like they are straight out of the 80s. If you like it the full version is $21, just make sure that you purchase the standalone version.

Edit: Scratch that, I had a bad shortcut. Explorer or Total Commander are not required.

Thanks redz_newbie, I added instructions on how to launch HOBD from the existing Check Engine icon on post #1. The driver will still have to be loaded manually, and it will have to be reloaded after a hard reset or after booting into testmode.

No problem. I have not installed my f900 yet but is there anything that does not work with AVICnet? Any improvements you can think of that would make it better?

Primo 1.2 sound only works when music is being played off an SD card, Primo 1.0 has audio working correctly regardless of source. In order to fix this the primo.exe from 1.2 must be decompiled and the appropriate commands added. Other then that everything is working as it should.

Anyone know of a good usb switch kind of thing so that I can just switch between the different usb connections without having to unplug each (such as my ipod and the OBDII thing)?

There are drivers built into avicnet that allow the use of a usb hub. I can verify that a com port is available from the osbII reader when plugged into a hub. I don't have an ipod to verify it will work properly with the osbII reader connected concurrently, however.

Hello,

Thanks to your suggestions I managed to start Avicnet:

I started in v2.07 and upgrade to V3.0 (with checksum error, the system would not start), then upgrade to V3.02 pioneer, and finally install AVICNET. Apparently the system boots, but even I have some problems:

The message "AVIC. The sistem is starting. Please wait" does not end

When start maps button or destinate the system back a message "Mapes out of date" and dont allow me to continue.

Any solution?

I am Spanish and I apologize for my grammatical errors B)

O ok sweet, sorry I am kind of a computer dummy, but does that mean if I hook up a usb hub it will automatically switch from my ipod to the usb to OBDII when I select check engine?

Using a hub would mean your unit would detect your ipod and obbII reader and allow them to be used simultaneously.

Hello,

Thanks to your suggestions I managed to start Avicnet:

I started in v2.07 and upgrade to V3.0 (with checksum error, the system would not start), then upgrade to V3.02 pioneer, and finally install AVICNET. Apparently the system boots, but even I have some problems:

The message "AVIC. The sistem is starting. Please wait" does not end

When start maps button or destinate the system back a message "Mapes out of date" and dont allow me to continue.

Any solution?

I am Spanish and I apologize for my grammatical errors B)

They System starting message should go away after 10 seconds or so. Make sure you copied maps on to your unit, if you do and the system is still showing that message delete all contents from My Flash Disk and copy all the AVICnet files back on. Copy on maps. Maybe try a different SD card, sometimes they corrupt the data. Carefully follow the steps in Post #1 under installation instructions, sometimes missing a simple step can cause problems later.

Sweet, I am so glad I have this avic unit haha.... Is their any way all you smart people could figure out how to connect a digital TV antennae to be hooked up with it so that we could possibly have live tv hooked up to it? Because I would be all over that one...

TV while driving? Yikes, that isn't safe xD! It is unlikely that there are drivers and software for older winCE that would work with modern USB tuners.

If you were to connect your unit to the internet you could broadcast via ORB from your home PC. It works well with Windows Mobile using coreplayer, I watched many a hockey game using this method. Using a digital tuner and connecting it to your units A/V connections would also work, this would probably be the easiest way to go.