AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, try these steps in this order: 1) Install driver (cab file) 2) Soft Reset 3) Check ports (My Flash Disk\System\serialports), make a note of which ports are used. 4) Plug in OBDII reader 5) Check ports again (My Flash Disk\System\serialports), OBDII should be on port 3, which was not present earlier. 6) Run HOBD, select port 3 (assuming serialport program shows OBDII as port 3) The driver should auto-load when the OBDII reader is plugged in after the cab file is installed, checking the the serialport program before and after is a good indication if it is recognised.

thanks alot i got it...

Hope I'm not being a numpty by asking, but with Primo 2 the POI seem to be a bit scrambled. I can't get speed cameras to appear (which isn't a POI I know but still...), some don't appear, others appear but are not designated as what they are, ie I get a Bar for a Parking? This isn't consistently so, but is there an issue, or have I missed something?

Hmm, I didn't notice any difference. I only use 1 POI file, I believe using multiple map files with Primo has caused other grief in the past. Maybe try just 1? You can comment out or delete the lines for the shared POI filets in Primo's sys.txt file. It is:

poi="..\..\IGO\content\poi"

You can then add which POI files you wish to the Primo3\content\poi folder. Hopefully this will help, if not try deleting existing POI files and udpating.

OK guys since I'm new doing this I like to know if by deleting the folder of the app you don't want will delete the app or is their more to it for example if I go to APP2 folder and delete the Primo folder will it delete the app or is their more leftover somewhere else. I also like to know if all map compatible with all GPS app or no. OK one more thing since I'm in USA How would I delete all non English voice. I though it would be in the Voice folder but them file are to small so I though their would be more to it in another folder.

Hey Ryar,

Just happen to pass-by and glad to see you're doing great. You're almost the only one right now to make the forum run and everyone owes that to you. Continue my friend! :)

I see that you have also made Primo 2.0 working great too and I'm really interested to see its new functionalities. I would incorporate it to my existing mod instead of using AVICnet though, but I believe that it would be only for my own usage, since my thread is now almost dead!

Not too late still can say Happy New Year to everybody!

Chuck.

Hey Ryar, Just happen to pass-by and glad to see you're doing great. You're almost the only one right now to make the forum run and everyone owes that to you. Continue my friend! :) I see that you have also made Primo 2.0 working great too and I'm really interested to see its new functionalities. I would incorporate it to my existing mod instead of using AVICnet though, but I believe that it would be only for my own usage, since my thread is now almost dead! Not too late still can say Happy New Year to everybody! Chuck.

Hey Chuck, I connects to the wishes of the new year :)

AvicNet with Primo 2 is nice, but can be better with Primo2 only :( So is there any possibility to convert PioneerUI skin for old IGO8 to the new .lua format ? Or we can use some other launcher like ExtlLaucher, but we can't get a working copy of this :( I think that this is an inevitable step because old IGO waste system memory and storage size only for nice avicnet menu.. but how it can solve this ? any ideas? are we looking for some programmer or hacker? :)

lot of work is already done, so thank you to everyone who contributed

TM

Great job to everyone involved with this.

Just a question - If using Garmin, OZI etc. Does ipod, radio and Bluetooth calling recieving still work?

In one word, yes. Those functions are still available under the main menu and BT connects and works as per normal. The only thing that doesn't show is the AV icon in the bottom of the map screen.

can someone help me I'm trying to run the app of my SD card, I try the step in the installation post but it doesnt since to work for me or I would like to put the content folder on my sd card and have IGO and Primo Grab it form there. If Anyone know how to do it plaese reply with the code so i can copy and pasted on Sys.text under folder. Any help will be appreciated. thank you

Please excuse my unknowing. Is there a specific model we need to look for when downloading maps for TomTom or Garmin? I didn't see any specifics on that.

Also, is there a way to make the PRIMO the default map? When I load Primo, it loads the Primo w igo8, when I hit map, it reverts back to the w/o igo8 map look?

Going to try this out, just installing now. Coming from Abb's mod that has been installed for over a year, needed a change for a bit. Looks good, hope it runs good. Installing on a f90bt.