AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your voltage is dropping to 0.3 V while starting it is unlikely a software problem. It is possible to have avicnet avoid double starting (I don't recall how offhand, sorry) however your drivers for the OBDII reader will not be loaded. If you don't use hobdrive but want Primo 2.0 you can try Chucks latest mod or Diaftia's (there are instructions on how to run Primo onhis mod in the Primo thread, and he also has a menu for runnng external programs). \

I have also found that while the unit is booting and the car is started it will require the double start. This doesn't seem to be a voltage issue, it appears the unit doesn't like being reset while booting.

In near time, I'm visiting a good service and if they find some solution I will inform you about it.

As mentioned before, there are a few discussions in the forums about hooking up small rechargeable batteries behind a diode. I hooked one up with the help of my electrical engineer dad and it works great. That being said, if you don't have electrical wiring experience I wouldn't recommend taking on such a project yourself as car batteries can push out enough current to start fires.

-PMS

Dear Ryra

First of all thanks much for doing all of this.

& Now a question to you:

Avicnet 2.1 - link isn't working on page 1 of this post?

Avicnet 2.0 (NA & Euro) - again link isn't working on page 1 of this post?

Q1) could you please give me a working link for above?

Q2) You mentioned two versions for Avicnet 2.0? what about Avicnet 2.1? is 2.1 not suitable for Euro version or Uk version?

Q3) Does the bluetooth and TMC both works while using Avicnet on European or UK F900BT? I have previously used hybrid4 mod, Diaftia mod and Chuck88's mod....but i can only have one thing in use i.e. either bluetooth works or TMC...i can't get both working at the same time.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi matyana,

A1) Try the freakshare link for 2.1, it looks like it is still working. 2.0 is pretty old and I haven't used it for awhile, I wasn't planning to re-up it. I guess I should remove the link.

A2) 2.1 should work with the Euro or UK avic.

A3) I have no idea, we don't have TMC here in Canada. To tell you the truth, I don't think I ever tried bluetooth on avicnet. Perhaps another user who has used these features can help?

Thanks much for a quick response.

re Avic 2.1 - I should have mentioned it before, actually when you click on the initial link, it goes all fine unless you get to:

http://depositfiles.com/files/0fc9yst0b

on above web page after waiting 60 Seconds, following message appears... I have tried it quite a few timez but every time the message is same:

This file does not exist, the access to the following file is limited or it has been removed due to infringement of copyright.

Could you please try to fix the links.

Thanks

@Ryar

I must say; you have done a great job, thankz much :)

one issue with Bluetooth:

i know yu r based in canada.....so it wudn't make any different to you....however i wud much appriciate any help or tips as my Unit is Euro/UK one.

In sys.txt, if i select 746UC unit, then my Bluetooth works but no TMC

& if i select 746EW, then TMC works not bluetooth......could you try it on your unit to check why slecting 746EW in sys.txt disables the bluetooth....But if you do not have enough time, could you please suggest me which files may be responsible for it !

HI matyana,

In the sys.txt when you select a device it "loads" additional settings which can be found in the data.zip via the following path: data/config/devices. There you can see pioneer746ew, pioneer749uc, ect.

If you know that certain settings work in one and not another, combine the working settings into one and point your sys.txt in that direction. I find it easiest to unzip the data.zip, modify the files/settings, and move the altered files back into the zipped data.zip via total commander for pc. Remember to keep a backup.

Aternately, you can try leaving the device= blank in the sys.txt and move the working TMC and bluetooth commands into the sys.txt.

At a glance, after combining the working tmc settings from the 746ew with the 746uc and deleting the broken settings I get:

info_names="PIONEER746UC"

[msnd]

msnd.start=1

msnd.version=2

fw_upgrade.enabled=1

fw_upgrade.image_path="\Storage Card\msnd.firmware.z"

comm.port=4

comm.thread_priority="normal"

comm.dt_read_write_tmout=0.1

comm.send_frame_retry_limit=3

comm.dt_send_tmout=1.0

comm.dt_alive_tmout=5.0

cache.dt_save_all=900.0

[sound]

device_id=1

use_os_volume=1

use_method=5

method5_maxvolume=40349

dynamic_volume_type=0

[tmc]

source="gns"

port="COM,4"

new_event_recalc_timeout=5

changed_event_recalc_timeout=15

enable_flow_lines=0

enable_flow_icons=0

If after combining the two if your bluetooth and TMC don't work I would suggest it is an issue elsewhere and bluetooth and TMC cannot be used simultaniously in some mods. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ryar

it didn't work....one thing i have noticed, if I merge both versions 746ew and 746uc.. TMC do not work but Bluetooth always works. In fact even if I select 746EW in SYS.TXT and use the merged (ew + uc) in place of pioneer746ew still the results are same and TMC do not work.

It seems that bluetooth is somehow linked with MSN Direct Services and it also seems if both (ew & uc) settings are merged then MSN Direct Services takes preference over TMC, hence do not let TMC to kick in. But bluetooth works fine. Any further suggestion?

one more point, both MSN and TMC uses Comm port 4.......my question may be stupid but is there a way I can use different port for TMC? like changing the value to port 6 or 7????