AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

Bad news everyone. I did some more troubleshooting on the display location on the map issue but had no luck resolving it. I sent Chuck a PM and he replied; I was under the impression he was using a x910bt trouble free but it is a x710bt which he is not having issues with. Anyways, I came to the conclusion that Primo does not like the f900bt and x910bt' gps signal while in motion which is possible due to the VSS (speed wire). I tried hooking up the VVS, grounding it, and leaving it disconnected and the result was always the same. With the VSS hooked up the stock iGo sees the speed with no signal but Primo does not. So long as the unit is stationary when Primo when launched it will show a location on the map but only if Primo was stationary when shut down. A few odd occurrences I have experienced which hopefully will help someone solve the issue are below:

- After a hard reset while moving Primo launches and displays location on the map while in test mode. A second launch after shutting down and the issue occurs. I deleted the entire my flash disk after the issue occurred , copied a clean install of Primo to my unit and re-launched and the issue still occurred. This leads me to believe Primo keeps a cache in memory which does not clear after exiting the program. That or Primo triggers some registry changes that are only restored after a hard reset.

- After the issue occurs the only method to restore it to normal is a hard reset. Deleting Primo's save folder, gpspara.bin files, restoring Primo's defaults did not help. A hard reset has corrected the problem every time.

- While driving with both the stock iGo and Primo running I unplugged the GPS. Primo displayed yellow balls around the GPS as if it was seeking a signal. When I plugged it back in the stock GPS got a signal and Primo immediately got the green balls and about 5 satellites were green but not location on the map, with a few red satellites seeking. I think Primo seen the stocks iGos satellites which it had a fix on and thought it had a fix on them.

- I changed the sys.txt for the stock iGo to port=4 so it would never get a fix and confuse Primo. Primo still would not launch while moving.

- I deleted the gpspara.bin files before launch Primo (I have read this is where satellite locations are stored). Still no luck.

- I tried launching Primo through test mode, avicnet, and Chucks mod and the issue occurred regardless.

I ordered an f700bt from ebay today and am confident without the VSS to confuse Primo it will work. I am really frustrated with the fact that similar model AVIC F series models with such subtle differences experience different behavior with the exact same settings and programs.

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I've found a fix for f900bt and x910bt users who are having trouble with Primo displaying their GPS location on the map. I have tested it thoroughly on my f900bt and can confirm it fixed the issue. Would anyone like to try it and post back if it worked for them? The files are on post #3 of this thread.

With my unit previously Primo could not get a fix when the vehicle is moving, now after the update it does. If yours still doesn't want to get a fix it is likely an unrelated issue which I have no idea to solve since I do not have the same problem.

edit: After implementing the fix I hooked up the speed wire and once again experienced the same issue. It is apparent at this point that the speed signal from the VSS is interfering with Primo's ability to get a GPS fix and display the location on the map.

To see if the fix will work for you do a hard reset. Launch Primo and wait for it to load. Make sure the vehicle is stationary throughout the reset and launch. If it gets a GPS fix and shows your location on the map then the fix should work for you. Unhook your speed wire (just leave it dangling not hooked up to anything or take out the fuse if you installed one) and install the fix. Now when you launch Primo it doesn't matter if the vehicle is moving or not, it should show your location on the map. Note it may take from 5-30 seconds for your location to show up despite having "green" satellites.

For the firts time I had a fix today! Good to know I wasn't driving. I've made some changes in sys.txt

[utility]

calibratefix=1 ; ; If gps signal don't lost write - "0"; if lost write "1"

[gps]

baud=9600

port=6

source="virtserial"

set_messages="0"

Have to do some more testing, maybe someone else can try?

For the firts time I had a fix today! Good to know I wasn't driving. I've made some changes in sys.txt

[utility]

calibratefix=1 ; ; If gps signal don't lost write - "0"; if lost write "1"

[gps]

baud=9600

port=6

source="virtserial"

set_messages="0"

Have to do some more testing, maybe someone else can try?

Good to hear! Note if you don't have the utility folder with the proper files in the Primo folder the utility line in the sys.txt won't do anything. I didn't find a difference while using the utility, I think it was implemented for phones running Primo which had their GPS signal cut in and out every few seconds. I had that problem on my Tilt 2.

If you disconnect your speed wire Primo will get a fix even while driving (or at least it did in my case).

Ryar, my speed wire never was connected (just checked to be sure). When driving I never get a fix, anything else to try?

Still no fix after the patch on post #3? That's weird because the included files corrected my non-fix issues. You could try a few things, first after installing the patch do a soft reset. Try using the original sys.txt, and then do a Reset to Defaults within Primo.

If that doesn't work you can configure gpsgate to give you a different output port settings.To do this tap avicnet, programs, WinCE and then Total Commander. In Total Commader go to My Flash Disk\System\gpsgate\gpsgateCE.exe. The first time you tap it it will launch, the second will give you some options. Choose settings, and select the new window with the bottom bar. Here you can change many output settings. A virtual COM port on port 6 is what worked for me, you can try change a few things there.