AVIC411.com

AVICnet 2.1 for AVIC F series, working OBDII! Updated 2014/04/30

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean - such as here - http://avic411.com/i...-avic-f-series/

You can use that one if you wish. Delete everything in the Primo and Primo2 folders except the run folders and their contents. Copy the contents from the Primo folder in the other thread into the Primo folders of your avicnet. Change the sys.txts to port 6, and add the following lines to the sys.txt in the Primo folder:

[debug]

max_memory=35000000

reserve_memory=1700000

cache=600000

You do not need these lines in the sys.txt in the Primo2 folder.

Can I ask why you prefer that one to the one in avicnet currently?

He Ryar I've looked into the original russian Avicnet and found a map for F500 and F900, the last one had a SystemSetting.exe and CommonLib.dll file. Maybe there are different settings used for the F900??? I can't remember the italian or russian Avicnet has the gps problem... do you have time to look into this? Ofcourse I'm willing to test some more!

He Ryar I've looked into the original russian Avicnet and found a map for F500 and F900, the last one had a SystemSetting.exe and CommonLib.dll file. Maybe there are different settings used for the F900??? I can't remember the italian or russian Avicnet has the gps problem... do you have time to look into this? Ofcourse I'm willing to test some more!

Damn, the fix stopped working after a hard reset and I can't get it going again. I thought I had the problem corrected!

The APL folder is from the Italian mod, with nothing replaced or modified. There are 2 winCE images the Italian mod thread recommends to flash before installing. I tried flashing the first download onto my unit and it wouldn't boot, perhaps it s because I have a UC unit. The link is here: http://www.mediafire...48ga7b53x11xbqk I wonder if the fix for the GPS problems is in the update. After flashing the previous link they recommend then flashing this one for the F900BT: http://depositfiles....files/0gkvldr2i which the file name states is WO_GYRO. I am guessing it disables the gyro which may be the root of our problems. I have done the hardware bypass which I thought was supposed to disable the gyro! I am skeptical to flash any more winCE images because I don't want to brick my unit. Here is the quote from the Italian mod thread regarding the winCE upgarde:

To take advantage of all the new features offered by this change must be updated to version 6 winCE.

winCE If you still have 4 then you must first upgrade to version 5 and besides then, using the same procedure, upgrade to version 6. The holders of the model F500BT winCE can not update and then must go directly to the next step. WINCE IMAGE FILES: - WinCE version 5: CE5 - WinCE version 6: CE6 WINCE UPDATE: - Extract the contents of, or CE5 CE6, which will have an SD card therefore contain only the following file: "WINCEIMG.BIN" and "WINCEIMG.CKS." - Before removing any DVD / CD inside the player and / or USB from the USB port. - Then insert the card into the SD 2 contains the image file and turn on the car (do not hold in the battery but only start the engine.) - When it is loading (splash screen "Pioneer"), press and hold down (thumb) buttons + menus + map eject while the other hand (using something sharp) press the little button reset . - As soon as you hear load the CD / DVD player to leave the eject button and continue holding down Menu + map until you will see a blue screen. - Without this, type the access code to enter the service menu, then press the volume knob in the following way, seeing so asterisks appear below: On - on? down - menu - left - right. - Select the option Update EC and besides Update SD / MMC Format . - It will start formatting the memory and updating winCE. - After 2 or 3 minutes it's done. It 'still essential to wait until you see the words appear "restart your unit" and especially the checksum, indicating that everything goes well ... Only then will it be possible to turn off the unit.

Thanks for posting ragstar, you got me thinking. After replying to your post I decided to try flashing the winceimg_v6219_wo_gyro.rar image despite having a UC unit. It worked! After flashing and copying the entire My Flash Disk once again, I went for a drive and launched Primo. To my surprise I got a fix immediately! And that was without the gpsgate patch. I restarted about 5 times and relaunched and each time Primo got a fix and showed my location on the map. I guess that winCE image really does disable the gyro. It's funny, I did the hardware bypass and was able to access all settings and watch DVDs while driving. Maybe moving the mute wire and grounding it doesn't disable the gyro after all? Anyways, could you give the image a try? I had the winCE image from the fx3.1 thread prior.

OK, here are the steps, for f900bt and x910bt users only:

1) Update the CE5 winCE firmware image using the following steps. For NA units, use the download on the fx3.1 page: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/27807-fx31-complete-firmware-image/, or you can use this one: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/22844-complete-30-install-guide/. For Euro users I have no idea which one to use. If you already have CE5 then maybe all you need is CE6. You could use the one from the Italian thread: http://www.mediafire.com/?48ga7b53x11xbqk. Here is how as per the fx3.1 thread:

1. Insert SD card into AVIC and turn it on.

2. When the pioneer logo comes up, press and hold the menu, map, eject and the reset buttons at the same time. When your screen goes completely blank, let go of the reset button but continue to hold menu, map, and eject buttons. This will bring you to a blue screen, telling you to reset the unit (ignore this), you will have to enter the service combination. Press the volume knob in this sequence and you will see * signs for each push: Up, Up, Down, Menu, Left, Right.

3. Select Wince Upgrade

4. Select Update SD Format

5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.

2) After updating to CE5, flash the CE6 winCE image using the same steps as above. It is here: http://depositfiles.com/files/0gkvldr2i

3) Copy AvICnet on to your unit. Copy maps, pois, dem files, ect.

4) Reboot. That's it!

One thing to note, the CE6 is not actually an update to Windows CE6. It is just CE5 with a few updates and modifications (such as disabling the gyro).

Hey Ryar:

I tried it and it works! I upgraded the to CE6 and reinstalled AvicNet and my golly it works!

Now I am going to try just Avic with primo and see if that works. I will give you an update after I am done!

Jimbo

It did work with standalone Primo.

Great find and great job Ryar!

Jimbo

Hé Ryar

Glad I've got you thinking! Updated the CE, copied your original AvicNet files and got an instant fix! Only need to copy all of the content (maps, pois, etc.) and test somemore. Does anyone know if the TMC works and where the trafficinformation can be found?

Cheers!