AVIC411.com

Bigger knob for the X930BT is coming!!!

does it stay on with adhesive or can it be taken off if ever have to sent in for service i really want a bigger knob but not at the cost of being told i altered the equipment and my warranty is voided lol

It presses on with your thumb. That knob sucks so bad I would gladly buy an extra old sucky knob if I ever had to send the unit in. There is a link to the factory knob somewhere on here. I also have never heard of Pioneer rejecting a repair for knob change. Not yet anyway. :?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It presses on with your thumb. That knob sucks so bad I would gladly buy an extra old sucky knob if I ever had to send the unit in. There is a link to the factory knob somewhere on here. I also have never heard of Pioneer rejecting a repair for knob change. Not yet anyway. :?

with my luck i would get the you altered the machine so its not covered LOL

with my luck i would get the you altered the machine so its not covered LOL

Good news Thumper. Thanks to your concerns I have figured out a way to machine 2 small slots in the back so that you could easily remove the knob if you ever had to send in for service. You would simply gently pry off the new knob and send it in. People have asked about this in the past but I never really thought anyone would want to remove the knob. Once you put it on your AVIC you will immediately piss your pants at how much better it works. Not sure what those guys at Pioneer were thinking. With the old knob I am constantly hitting the touch screen and its all but impossible to crank the damn volume. No longer my friends. HELP IS ON THE WAY!!!!!! Just tested the prototype and it works AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on them. They are going to the finisher for annodizing next week. I will post on here when they are ready. I have the prototype in my truck and have been using it for a week or so and it is simply awesome!

This is one of the best mods you can make to your AVIC for ergos. Works WAY better than the small slippery stock knob.

Also this knob will be removable so you could remove it if you ever wanted to or needed to send in your unit for service.

Still working on them. They are going to the finisher for annodizing next week. I will post on here when they are ready. I have the prototype in my truck and have been using it for a week or so and it is simply awesome!

This is one of the best mods you can make to your AVIC for ergos. Works WAY better than the small slippery stock knob.

Also this knob will be removable so you could remove it if you ever wanted to or needed to send in your unit for service.

Can I preorder - want this thing ASAP as my installer is coming to do some other work - WHERE DO I SEND MY MONEY. lol

Just a quick update. Knobs are still being produced. Hopefully they will ready in the next week or so. Fingers crossed!!! The problem has been that here in Houston, TX where I am, everyone with a machine shop is EXTREMELY busy right now due to the oil boom and $3.50 gal. gas (I know, Im pissed too). The shop that does the annodizing is backed up with oilfield related parts but they are trying to squeeze the knobs in. Anyways patience will pay off here. These knobs are awesome!!! The one in my truck just rocks!

Sorry I havent put any pics up yet even though I have the prototype done and in my truck. I don't want people to start ordering before I actually have them in my hands.

Just a quick update. Knobs are still being produced. Hopefully they will ready in the next week or so. Fingers crossed!!! The problem has been that here in Houston, TX where I am, everyone with a machine shop is EXTREMELY busy right now due to the oil boom and $3.50 gal. gas (I know, Im pissed too). The shop that does the annodizing is backed up with oilfield related parts but they are trying to squeeze the knobs in. Anyways patience will pay off here. These knobs are awesome!!! The one in my truck just rocks!

Sorry I havent put any pics up yet even though I have the prototype done and in my truck. I don't want people to start ordering before I actually have them in my hands.

Is there somewhere that these can be picked up locally as I'm in the Houston area myself?