AVIC411.com

Bigger knob for the X930BT is coming!!!

I am finally working on the new knob for the X930BT. Keep an eye out for the announcement soon.

For those of you who do not know me, I am the maker of the better knobs for the F series and X series units. I have sold over 3000 knobs to date and counting.

The X930BT is a totally different knob in size than the F and the X.

Knobs should be ready in early November.

Thank you all for your support and kind messages!!!

The King of Knobs

post-24833-0-52485300-1318984880_thumb.jpg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do they or will they attach to the unit

will they snap over the orignal knobs or do we pull the knobs out and put these in its place when they are finished ?

I'm working that out right now as to which way works better. Probably going to just press on to the old knob. Any comments or suggestions?

I just installed the X930BT in my truck (while working on the new knobs) and holy crap this thing needs a knob. Everyone who has contacted me has said it's too small, they were right to say the least!

Help is on the way folks! I'm machining away on knobs as we speak. Should be available around Nov. 15 or so. After machining, I have to get them Black annodized so that is why it will be a few weeks more.

BTW someone asked about the grip. All of my knobs have been knurled to provide an awesome grippy surface. That is what I am doing on this one as well. It will also press onto the old knob. I know a few people have expressed concern over service issues if they ever have to send their unit in, but here's why I have to do it this way. The knob slips onto a "D" shaped volume shaft. It would be very difficult to make a female "D" shaped hole on the back of the new knob. It's just one of those machining issues that would make the knob very expensive. So to save us all money, I machine the knob to fit OVER the old knob, it simply presses on. Take 10 seconds to install.

I will post pics as soon as I have one ready to look at (I get the first one LOL).