AVIC411.com

I am having the same issue. The mic I used when I had my parrot mki9200 was awesome, everything said they couldn't even tell I was in my car and it wasn't powered. It had dual heads, I doubt it fits the standard jack that the appradio has though. I would love to replace mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, Sorry I have not checked the forum lately. I actually had a little typo. The plug size is 3/32" not 5/32". This is the same as 2.5mm to 3.5mm and yes, the 3.5mm (1/8") is male which plugs into the head unit and the 2.5mm (3/32") is female which the Mic plugs into.

Mike, to answer your question, the microphone is not amplified, it just seems to be a better quality. I hope they eventually add a gain setting like other manufacturers...

Following is the adapter that I purchased. Cheap but it works.

http://www.radioshac...oductId=2062457

Update: I have had the opportunity to drive a bunch over the last couple of days. The microphone swap is not the savior I hoped it would be. While the quality is better, it is still not as good as it needs to be. Many times I have had to switch back to the headset as callers could not hear me. Oddly some folks say the clarity and volume is very good while others can barely hear me. It is almost as if there is an issue with the AppRadio occasionally utilizing the phone's mic vs the external... Ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

I called Pioneer customer service about this issue. The guy on the phone insisted there was nothing wrong with my mic and that he could hear me just fine. As soon as I hung up, I called a few of my friends to test it out and they could hardly hear me. Sounds like they just don't feel like fixing the problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I've had a weak microphone for the last few months.   People hated talking to me while I was driving around via appradio 3 so many phone calls were cut short.  They said it sounded like water was sloshing around in the background.   I have a convertible but the top was always up.   The mic is placed in the upper left of the windshield for more others have it. 

This is an easy fix. (after I finally learned)     I didn't notice the setting right in front of my face the whole time.  I had Vol (Volume) set to medium(2 bars) instead of high (3 bars)

xFM9QIG.jpg

gmkkNmt.jpg

Are people saying the Mic is too low even with max mic vol setting?