AVIC411.com

getting the z130 3.001 firmware update to work

What version HU are you tring to upgrade? Is it a real Z130, or an upgraded Z120?

Be sure to check your current version number to make sure you don't already have the latest. Use this procedure to display the "Application Version".

Check the version number of your current software by completing the following steps:

ï‚· Press the “HOME” key

ï‚· Select the “Settings” tab

ï‚· Select “System Settings”

ï‚· Select “Service Information”

ï‚· Press & hold left upper corner of the “Service Information” screen for a few seconds

• 3 weeks later...

I received the update SD from pioneer and it still wont work...

I checked version and and inserted the SD card.. from what I've read the unit is supposed to restart and then start updating, I've even tried to find the update file from the audio reader SD card function and it does play some Japanese music lol. Anyone find a fix yet?

Btw the unit is bypassed but i refuse to beleive that it would effect a software update..

I am having this same issue. I have been reading a lot about it. Many people are having the same issue. My PB is bypassed as well. I have an avic (not z130 but unsure which one it is) in my wifes Dodge Charger with a bypassed PB as well but was able to do a firmware update on it. I'm unsure if this may be an issue for the z130. If anyone can figure this out please post with bold letters. This seems to be a major issue.

• 4 months later...

I had a little trouble getting the right spot in the upper left corner (big fingers). Maybe your touchscreen needs to be re-calibrated. It's in the one of the settings.

But don't get hung-up on this. Go ahead and try the update. If it works, great - you're done. If it doesn't do anything, then your unit was already running v3.001 (or higher).