AVIC411.com

Want to upgrade to a X930BT... should I wait for new units to come out? HELP

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first post; I've seen how you've been helping a lot of people with questions and now I have one of my own and I hope you can help me...

I currently have a AVIC-F700BT (love it still) but I'm feeling like it's time to upgrade soon, I've been looking at the X930BT and really like all the new features, so my actual question is should go for it or wait for the next generation to come out. I'd hate to invest over $600 and just a couple months later find out that I could've waited a little longer and get the newest one.

What do you guys recommend? and if you recommend to go with the X930BT, how have been your experience with it so far?

Thanks so much

I upgraded from a 900bt to a 930bt and I love it. I would say go for it. Just do the video bypass and u will love it.just do the video bypass is very easy to do ,u can find lots of video clips about the bypass on YouTube.I would say shop around for a better price online.u can get it for about $515 online.

wow 515 thats a good price but

might as well spend the extra 85 and get it new from an authorized dealer

walmart has them for 598 amazon has them for 599 Best buy will price match walmarts price of 598 thats where i got mine

i saw the used ones going for 499 and i was not going to pay 100 less to buy it used and not even from a authorized dealer

yeah but reputable seller and one year warranty may just be the inhouse warranty from who you bought it from

what happens if in 2 months that company closes goes out of business or something

if they are not an authorized dealer for pioneer then you a SOL

and im never going to let anything like that happen to me not again

i only buy from authorized dealers incase anything ever happens

there is a auto sound shop about 20 minutes from me that has been in business for 15 years if they are selling the unit for a 100 bucks cheaper then someone that is an authorized dealer im still not buying from them

because shit happens

plus i went to best buy 699.00 after taxes got me the X930bt plus a 4 year warranyt threw Best buy any best buy location in the country

so im going to say im cool with that

Seems you have lots of money to throw away. $699 from Best Buy plus a 4yr warranty lol? Squaretrade offers MUCH better warranties at half the price.

i paid the same price that one would have paid from walmart or amazon

i paid 598 what i said was 699.and change after taxes and after the 4 year warranty

and squar trade warrantys suck

because if you have to have service yes they service but they only pay up to the amount the system cost you new not what it would cost to replace it

so i could have spend 64 dollars on a 2 or 3 year warranty from square trade if i bought the item from one of there aproved dealers or ebay and it was new not used

and if i had to send it in in a year from name and say something that would cost 350 to repair cost 350 to repair

they then take that and say so far we have repaired 350 what happens if i have to send it in a year latter for something els

they then say oh this is 200 or 250 it is over the amount that we covered you for we are keeping your unit and sending you a check for the remander of your 550 dollar purchase

oh great i just got F--ked over real good they wrote me a check for 225 price that was still left untill they hit the fulfillment lol

or i pay 60 to best buy and if it has to be services 30 times they service it and don't ever try to just pay me out and say we fulfilled this so its not covered anymore lol

real smart

only thing square trade is good for is if you want coverage on your cell phone or if you want acidental dmage on something

other then that they suck

cause they don;'t give you 3 services or 4 or 5

if one service cost 600 and you paid 600 for it

they just send you a check for the 600 and keep your unit and say go buy a new one

if your service cost 300 each and you paid 600 for a unit you get 2 services after that they say its been fulffilled your contract warranty is over

so lets see pay more and only have coverage of what i paid and nothing more

or pay a few dollars less for warranty and a few dollars more for product and get 4 years no matter how much it needs to be services and after 4 services its considered a lemon and just get a free replacment lets see how does that add up i think its a WIN

why because i don't F-ck up my gadgets

i have 2 Alienware Laptops this is just an example i have 2 Sony Bravia TV's in the last 5 or so years

one of the tvs lasted 4 years before it had anyting go wrong with it the other one is sitll working perfect 5 years latter

1 of the Alienware laptops has been replaced 3 times in the last 2 years and on top of that they have come out to fix it atleast 7 times before deicding to replace it

the other one has worked perfect for the past 3 and half years no problems

2 cadillacs i own One has had no problem with anyting in the last 6 years of ownership and it was 5 years old when i bought it the other was the same age bought at the same time taken care of the same way and in the past 18 months the Engine was turn down ones for a HeadGasket issue in April of 2010 then the Tranny went out in August of 2010 then in December 2010 the Engine block cracked

4 months ago i had to replace the heater core 9 hour job entire dash had to come out 2 months ago had to replace the front door speakers front dash Speakers

2 of the LED's in the dash cluster 2 rear shocks that are prices at 1000 dollars each for the F45 active suspensions

it comes down to it has nothing to do with how you take care of your stuff if its going to go bad it goes bad and it goes bad fast it could be a lemon product or it could jut go bad a year latter after warranty

So don't talk to me like i don't take care of my stuff

shit happens and stuff breaks

glad to see you think this is funny

i wish you only the same with your unit as i hope to get from mine but if yours turns out bad then maybe you will learn its better to spend a few more dollars then be cheap

you ever taken the fast rout home thinking oh ill be better going this way and get a tiket and wonder if it would have happend if you went the slow way ?

Cheaper is not always better

sometimes its true you get what you pay for

how do you know what you bought was A Quality and not B quality ?

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and this is actually my first post; I've seen how you've been helping a lot of people with questions and now I have one of my own and I hope you can help me...

I currently have a AVIC-F700BT (love it still) but I'm feeling like it's time to upgrade soon, I've been looking at the X930BT and really like all the new features, so my actual question is should go for it or wait for the next generation to come out. I'd hate to invest over $600 and just a couple months later find out that I could've waited a little longer and get the newest one.

What do you guys recommend? and if you recommend to go with the X930BT, how have been your experience with it so far?

Thanks so much

Back on topic, I love my purchase. I use my ipod touch for music, podcasts and videos so the ipod function is very useful. A few quirks with the navigation but nothing that would stop me from buying it again.