AVIC411.com

Practical Jokes at work?

Tillithz gave me the idea for this thread from his darwin awards. So lets hear them, the pranks you've pulled on co-workers or have had pulled on you. Here's a couple installer classics to get started.

About a year ago a friend of mine totaled his car airbags went off and everything. Well the car was just sitting in his driveway and myself and a coworker ,Eric, stopped by to help him move some stuff. Eric sees the car and his eyes light up. We cut the airbags out of the car took them to work and waited. April 2 we had our chance, a 2002 Mercedes for a flip out came in. We told the customer what we wanted to do. He was cool with it. So we tied the airbags in place in the car. We paged the general manager to the bay and we all took our positions. She comes in, sees the mercedes and me by the sink. The customer is flipping out about us setting off his airbags. She starts flipping out goes to call 911 and we all just busted out laughing. Mind you no one was able to april fools her the day before.

Then you have the ever popular tell the new guy go over to my box and get me a left handed screwdriver.

Posted: Wed May 10, 2006 11:59 pm Post subject: Payback's a B**CH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO I'll give you the back story first. My other installer and I (for now I'll call him Gary) put a satelitte radio in a Jeep liberty a couple weeks ago. I ran the antenna and Gary mounted the unit and hardwired the power. Well when I got the antenna to where he mounted the unit I noticed he was just wrapping the power wire around one of the fuses and stuck it into the fuse panel. I told him not to do it like that since puling power from behind the radio or at the cig plug wouldn't take but 5 minutes longer. He didn't of course. So whatever I think to myself this car is going to come back. Sure enough last week on my day off, the guy comes in saying that the bcm in the car got messed up. For whatever reason though the dealer warrantied it. Good for us since it would have cost us over $1000. Anyway Gary says he didn't work on the car and that I did. So one of the managers comes in to inspect the install. Of course it was my favorite manager, the one who used to work with me. He sees the work and immediately knows I didn't do it. SO whatever they install it properly and refund the guy the labor he payed.

Next I have a guy come in we put a sirius S50 in his 06 range rover. He was having a problem working it so I explain to him how to use it. During the conversation it comes up that he left gary $20 to give me from when we put it in originally. Well I never got it, not that I'd take it since we'd could get fired for taking tips and $20 ain't worth my job.

So not to get to the point of this post. Gary was off for a long weekend to go home. After being made aware of those 2 things I decided it's time to get him back. I took a couple spare alarm sirends I had laying around and wired them up to his box so that when he opened it up that would set them off. They were also set up so that even if he closed his box the sirens would continue to sound. Well I locked the sirens in my box and hid a switch on the outside to disable it. He came in opened his box and the sirens went off. He sat there for almost 10minutes before the salesguys stopped laughing long enough to call him and tell him how to shut it off.

Well I came into work today and got a smart ass comment from him. I just laughed, then opened up the box disconnected the sirens and opend up the rest of my boxes. He tried to rig the setup to mine, so said couldn't even come up with something orginal. Then again he ain't the brightest crayon in the box.

Try cutting a couple drywall screws in half, dab tiny bit of hot glue on the pointy end, and stick them to the outside of the door that the 'new guy' has just mounted speakers in. Careful practice will give the illusion that he just shot screws through the door of a brand-new car. Just make sure the customer does not witness this. Even though there is no damage, the customer may grab a hold of the installer before you can save him from public humiliation. Works well for over head flip-down monitors, as well.

Another mean trick is to cut one leg off of an ATC(blade) type fuse, and replace the radio fuse in the fusebox with it, making sure the remaining leg is in the powered side of the socket. Hours of fun watching the guy who stole your lunch from the shop fridge last week go nuts trying to trace the wire he 'must have pulled loose' from deep in the dash. :twisted:

I once left a half a tuna sub behind the radio in a '91 Eclipse that belonged to the guy that doinked a girlfriend of mine in high school. Man, did he come to the wrong shop that day. Didn't even realize I worked there. There aren't enough little tree air fresheners in the state to cover that smell.

I once left a half a tuna sub behind the radio in a '91 Eclipse that belonged to the guy that doinked a girlfriend of mine in high school. Man, did he come to the wrong shop that day. Didn't even realize I worked there. There aren't enough little tree air fresheners in the state to cover that smell.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

newbie installer goes into the store to do an employee purchase, while he is gone we hot glue his tools to his tote. We cable tie the tools we cant hot glue and make it look very stealthy. when he returns he grabs a screwdriver or something and goes to rush off to do something with it, only instead of the screwdriver coming freely, he ends up grabbing his whole tote.