AVIC411.com

Practical Jokes at work?

• 1 month later...
Try cutting a couple drywall screws in half, dab tiny bit of hot glue on the pointy end, and stick them to the outside of the door that the 'new guy' has just mounted speakers in. Careful practice will give the illusion that he just shot screws through the door of a brand-new car. Just make sure the customer does not witness this. Even though there is no damage, the customer may grab a hold of the installer before you can save him from public humiliation. Works well for over head flip-down monitors, as well.

Here's couple to try on your FNG:

If you are rushed for time, a drywall screw will balance itself pretty good on the top of the roof if someone is doing an overhead install.

An alarm siren hooked up to blower motor is pretty funny. You can only hear it when the heater is on. When you turn the heater down to pinpoint the sound it goes off.

One of our guys used to like to tie a bunch of washers together with a zip tie and hang it on the exhaust.

Get a handful of blown fuses (make your own if you need to) and replace them is strategic places in the fuse box. The great thing about using blown ones is that it doesn't look like a prank like cutting off the end when they do find it. It just looks like they just "happened" to have some blown fuses.

I didn't see this one but there were plenty of eyewitnesses. One of our installers came in and his tool box was suspended from the ceiling about 5 feet off the ground with a black X taped to the floor underneath it.

Someone else came in once and their toolbox was hidden somewhere in the store. (One of the big circuit city stores, so lots of hiding places).

A common thing to do in the warehouse years ago was to either duct tape the FNG to a pole or use the industrial plastic wrap instead and leave them there for a while. I almost forgot, their mouth got some tape so no one could hear them yell.

This one requires a large bathroom with stalls, but while someone is taking a crap, grab a bottle of spray air freshener or goo gone and douse them. In most cases they have to just sit there and take it. Don't let them find out it was you or they might do it to you back.

I'll try to think of some more later.

• 1 month later...

Ok I work with computers so here is a fun one.

At our work you are expected to lock your computer before you leave. If you don't then people always mess with you in some way or another.

I found a computer unlocked and knew the guy was gone for lunch so I had a good hour to work my magic.

First thing I did was take a screen shot of his desk top I made sure to have the mouse hiden so it wouldn't be shown on the screen shot.

Next I set his wallpaper as that picture and closed all the items he had open.

Now I locked his computer and hid the sign in screen.

Picture this: You come back and see everything you had open on your computer. It all looks just like it did an hour ago so you sit down and get to work. As you try to click on anything it does nothing. you cant type you cant hit any buttons it looks like the computer is locked up. After the reboot you notice everything is still there. You still can't click on anything and the computer is aparently locked up again.

I let him reboot twice before I told him how to fix it.... :twisted:

One of the other guys here had a screen saver with his resignation letter flashing everyone that walked by.

At least who ever wrote it didn't get to bad and just said he was quitting to become a profesional poker player. (Somewhat of a joke here in Vegas.)