AVIC411.com

Reverse signal wire (VSS) for 2002 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner Truck?

Hello. I just purchases a Pioneer AVIC-X930BT radio to replace my factory radio in my 2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre-runner pickup truck. I was thinking about purchasing a backup camera for it. I see a reverse signal wire I need to connect to the harness so that this will work.

This wire is not present on the factory radio harness.

I've read that most all vehicles do have a VSS wire (I believe that is the reverse gear indicator wire) available somewhere. From what I've read here on the forums, is that it's under the passenger side dashboard (behind the glove box) or kick panel. Just that the information provided is not for my truck year/model. If anyone has a wiring diagram, pdf, or pictures for a 2002 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner to find the VSS wire, I'd greatly appreciate any assistance!

Also I was wondering about the "Car Speed Signal Input" wire. I guess this just assists with the GPS. I know it's not needed and a lot of people don't hook it up, but if I did want to, was just wondering where this would come from too.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

DataCrypt

• 4 weeks later...