AVIC411.com

Iphone 4s and bluetooth

it may have something to do with the ISO5 there are some problems with that and the X and Z series

No, that is incorrect! I have had my iPhone 4 running with IOS5 and it was running great. When I switched over to the iPhone 4s, is when I had this problem. The iPhone 4 has bluetooth 2.1, whereas the iPhone 4s has Bluetooth 4.0. I didn't think that this made a difference as it should be backwards compatible, but it now does not connect. I just hoping that my hunch was wrong and that there is someone out there that has a iPhone 4s that does not have bluetooth problems

ah well if no one replys by today you can always call into Pioneer and ask them

but yeah it should be backwards compatible i would think

i know my Brother Has no problem using his Iphone 4s in his Lincoln that has the Synch Feature but thats factory different then the Parront Blue Tooth wich is what is build into the Pioneeer units i think

you might also want to check Parrott blue tooth website and see if there are any right ups on Iphone 4s not compatible with there units because that is what is in our Pioneers from my understanding

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having problems with the 4S also. It pairs fine and streams just fine, but if you are listening to XM and open a browser on the 4S and go to Google it mutes the music and pops up a dialog box saying you are on the phone! You can end the call or close the browser and all is well. Pioneer tells me you have to turn off bluetooth if you want to get on the internet as iOS5 is the problem!

My factory nav in my Ford is no issue and the nav in my BMW using a mediabridge doesn't do this either.

Tony

i have Iphone 4 with latest software

and only trouble i have is when pairing it will turn the volum on my phone all the way down kind of anoying doens't even allow me to just keep it in my pocket cause i always have to pull it out to turn the volume up ok that didn't sound to good LOL

but thats the whole point of BT for me so that i can jsut keep the phone in my pocket

• 2 weeks later...