AVIC411.com

gps location slightly behind real location

That is a common problem we are forced to deal with. Some units are worse than others. If it is a new install, the more you drive, the more accurate it will become but it will never be perfectly dead on. It will always show you as being a bit behind your actual location. The Pioneer navi is one of the worst on the market.

Hi, my new f930bt always seems to be a few meters behind my real location. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi there mate!

If your location has error only in one particular direction you can adjust your GPS position.

Home Button>

"settings">

Navi Settings>

Modify Current Location>

Drag the screen to desired location and hit "OK"

Hi, i have just bought the F930BT here in australia...

So you have Australian F930BT. Can I ask you about software backup from your device?

Completely agreed. I complained about this on my F700BT, and now also on my Z130BT. Pioneer have dropped the ball horribly in this regard. My iPhone 4S with Tom Tom software outperforms the Z130 handily, and that's just a $50 piece of software and a tiny phone with a tiny GPS antenna, compared to my huge, beefy, in-car nav. Ridiculous. This will be the last Pioneer I buy.

• 1 month later...

I also have the same problem except i'm off by a whole street. Could this be due to GPS receiver placement? I currently have it sitting on my center console until I find a good spot for it. I have read on several forums that this gps is not great but it is still fairly accurate.

Is the metal plate under the gps receiver absolutely necessary? Does the receiver have to be sitting upright or can it be on it's side?

thank you

Condor

I also have the same problem except i'm off by a whole street. Could this be due to GPS receiver placement? I currently have it sitting on my center console until I find a good spot for it. I have read on several forums that this gps is not great but it is still fairly accurate.

Is the metal plate under the gps receiver absolutely necessary? Does the receiver have to be sitting upright or can it be on it's side?

thank you

Condor

The metal backplate is not necessary, but highly recommended. It will improve signal strength. The antenna should be mounted magnet-side down and in a horizontal plane. If you are having reception issues, that is the 1st place I'd start.

My GPS location is dead on and I'm surprised that so many are complaining about the 130BT. I like it much better than the Z-2 and the Alpine. I will say without hesitation that the 130BT is as good as anything out there at the moment. I will also say that most of the problems are caused by improper installation. Yeah, I know you all are experts and blaming it on the unit instead of a botched install but that's OK with me.

By the way, my unit was installed by professionals who make their living by their reputation. Sure they charge a little more but you only get what you pay for IMO.

Owner of a perfect operating 130BT.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to figure out if some units are good and others bad (verision/firmware ect...)or is it just based on good or bad installs. Is anyone having problem with accuracy running with a good gps signal (attena in good location) and VSS and backup wire connected with 3D mapping status with lots of bars?

I'll bet you get all kinds of variations. It would also be interesting to know how many satellites are locked.

It would only acount for a small error margin (maybe 15') but it would also be interesting to know the location of the antenna. Mine is under the windshield plastic cowling (covers the wiper motors), so it is located towards the front of the car. My wife's factory NAV antenna is located at the very rear of the SUV.

I'd say my location is very slightly ahead of my actual position - but not enough to matter and within my expected margin of error.

Incidently, to get accuracy in the 3 meter range, you also need to be able to recieve the WAAS (land based correction) signal, which is subject to atmospheric and evnironmental interference. http://www.gps.gov/s...mance/accuracy/