AVIC411.com

Avic-x930bt password

Basically it allows you to get to the windows ce os that the units run. Then you could run other apps instead of the stock pioneer stuff. However, in that mode I dont believe they have the gps hardware working yet. Of course to read a plan text password file stored in the operating system you wouldn't need gps. If they can get the gps hardware working then you'd be free to use any other ce based nav software you wanted.

You can reset the password through the condi hack. I just bought and installed (well installing ;)) this unit in my B6 Passat. I stumbled upon this forum while trying to find a way around the password. I believe that you can open the user folder, then a setup folder and there's a security file that reveals the password. Tomorrow I am programming my steering wheel controls. This unit is rocks!

• 4 months later...

This happen to me also, Was playing around with the radio, and during this i disconnected the power cable to the unit.

after putting this back I coundn't remember the password I put in a couple of weeks ago

after finally got to read the following file I was pissed of the password that I had entered. I was trying for 4 digits but instead it was bday date.

correct location is USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY\PASSWORD.DAT

EDIT that file and you will see the password

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...