AVIC411.com

Avic-x930bt password

Have a 930 that came with my car ('12 STI, Canada).  My battery died and after it was boosted, there was the password entry like everybody else is having trouble with. 

Using Condi's Hackmode and the instructions above, I got to the folder with the password file but, for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to open it.  There wasn't an application I could find on the OS to open it and double clicking (double finger poking) didn't do a thing.  Then I tried to copy it to the USB drive I used to get Hackmode on there but, with the file explorer I couldn't get a File or Edit menu finger poke (or car key) to work.  Finally, I got the move button on the top right to work with the car key.  That didn't give me the option to copy, only to move but I took a chance.  It worked.  So, in the house on my PC I opened the file in notepad off the USB drive and there it was - the idiotic password I entered months ago that I couldn't remember whether I had done or not.  Then I went back out to the car ready to enter the password and discovered I didn't need to.  The unit was back to working fine because I had moved the file to the USB drive, effectively deleting it.  I remember seeing someone's advice to just delete it but was afraid to try that.  It worked, though.  So, after this, my instructions (with the usual disclaimer AT YOUR OWN RISK) would be:

Get Condi's Hackmode onto the root of an SD card or a USB drive,

Plug that card or drive in,

Let it install the software,

When it asks, accept going into Condi's Hackmode,

Find the Password.dat file and delete it.

If you're worried about keeping it or finding the password you entered but no longer will need, you can move the file onto the SD card or USB drive and read it on a PC.

Thanks to all the people here who made this possible!  Thanks Condi!!  :-P