AVIC411.com

Z-130-BT~~~~~Day/Night Display Lighting

• 1 year later...

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but I found it while searching for my problem. I recently bought a used vehicle and the previous owner installed the z130bt. Everything seems to work fine except for the dimming of the screen when the headlights are turned on. I search everywhere for a wiring diagram without much success. I have the icon mentioned above when I open the navigation screen, but it seems to operate the same as hitting the 'close' button. I'm guessing the installer never attached the illumination wire to the headlight/tail light wire and was hoping someone might know which (color) wire it is

Vehicle is a '04 Chevy Silverado if that would make a difference (I guess it will make a difference when I need to find which wire to attach the illumination wire to)

• 2 months later...

Greetings from the FNG.  I've currently got a D3, but am thinking of upgrading to the Z150 due to some intermittant NAV glitches.  My question revolves around the ability to manually adjust the brightness / contrast of the NAV screen.  Is this still possible in the newer models? I live in a VERY dark area, so this is a critical requirement. I've got a Kenwood unit in my other vehicle and it isn't adjustable, and it just isn't cutting it.

Based on the above responses, I'm guessing the light hookup still needs to be 12V.  I haven't seen a 12V dash light in quite some time...

Thanks for the reply!  AFA the wires, it's my company truck and I really don't want to run a bunch of stuff I have to pull back out when the lease is up. That usually happens when I'm travelling, too, as I supervise fairly long construction projects. My work-around for that was to get a switched lighter plug and adapt it to the dimming wire.  Cheesy, but it does the job.

Thanks for the reply!  AFA the wires, it's my company truck and I really don't want to run a bunch of stuff I have to pull back out when the lease is up. That usually happens when I'm travelling, too, as I supervise fairly long construction projects. My work-around for that was to get a switched lighter plug and adapt it to the dimming wire.  Cheesy, but it does the job.

If it's a lease, removing the HU is a much bigger issue than the few wires (you could just cut and hide the wires rather than remove them. Are you saying you are powering the HU from the cig lighter, or just sensing day/night from the trim ring light? BTW, I've heard (haven't tried) that you don't need 12VDC for the Day/Night thing. Practically any voltage.

I wired it with the Crutchfield adapter, so installing it was pretty quick.  It should take about 10 minutes to replace the original head unit.  I've just wired the dimming function off of the lighter.  I know I tried the dimmer off the lighting wire that went to the original head unit and it didn't work, but this is an old D3.  The newer units might be better at that. 

Another question that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but do these still use map discs?

• 1 year later...

I own the AVIC-Z150BH, in the installation instructions it claims there is a orange/white wire in the pioneer harness, looked three times, there is not!

If somebody has the correct pin assignment on the plug I would appreciate it.

So far, I am less than impressed with Pioneer.

This wire supposedly controls the night/day dimmer when connected to the light switch.