AVIC411.com

Z120BT - CNSD210 (2011) Update problem

Maybe I'm missing something - I've searched the site so forgive me if I'm blind.

My issue - I have a Z120BT and am trying to upgrade the maps (CNSD-210FM 2011 ver.) I followed the steps for the Z110 upgrade with the hacked upgrade but it doesn't work on the Z120 hardware. It keeps giving me upgrade failed.

So is this not out yet? I assume I still need to crack the update so that I can get past the password check.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get around the password,

Download the official firmware from Pioneer, Download AVIC-Z120BT Firmware Update Version 2.003

Then download the firmware hack, AVICZ110BT-2.004.zip (25.75K)

Extract both .ZIP files. You will now have one folder called " AVICZ110 " this is the official update, and you will have two files " EU090APL.VER " and " RenewalIFLib.dll ".

Cut the " EU090APL.VER " file and past into the " AVICZ110 " folder replacing the original file. Now cut the " RenewalIFLib.dll " and paste into " AVICZ110/APL " folder, again replacing the original file.

Copy the " AVICZ110 folder to the root of you SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update.

To update maps,

Assuming you are in the US, download this torrent, " http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE "

Extract the .rar. You will have two folders called " SD1 " " and SD1 ". Open the " SD1 " folder and copy the contents, 2 folders and 1 file, onto a blank SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120. You will be asked for a password, type in " PASSWORDPASSWORD ", then let the unit update. This will take around 15 min. This will update maps and apps. Remove the SD card.

Clear the SD card and open the folder " SD2 " copy the folder called " FIRMWARE ", to your SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update. This will update the Bluetooth. Remove the SD card.

That should be it if I didn't forget anything.

Download the official firmware from Pioneer, Download AVIC-Z120BT Firmware Update Version 2.003

Extract both .ZIP files. You will now have one folder called " AVICZ110 " this is the official update, and you will have two files " EU090APL.VER " and " RenewalIFLib.dll ".

Cut the " EU090APL.VER " file and past into the " AVICZ110 " folder replacing the original file. Now cut the " RenewalIFLib.dll " and paste into " AVICZ110/APL " folder, again replacing the original file.

To update maps,

Assuming you are in the US, download this torrent, " http://thepiratebay....M_US_CAN_UPDATE "

Extract the .rar. You will have two folders called " SD1 " " and SD1 ". Open the " SD1 " folder and copy the contents, 2 folders and 1 file, onto a blank SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120. You will be asked for a password, type in " PASSWORDPASSWORD ", then let the unit update. This will take around 15 min. This will update maps and apps. Remove the SD card.

Clear the SD card and open the folder " SD2 " copy the folder called " FIRMWARE ", to your SD card.

Insert the SD card into your 120 and let the unit update. This will update the Bluetooth. Remove the SD card.

I did the first step after reading the Z110 upgrade post and what I get is "upgrade failed" and it keeps looping until I hold the eject button down. I am already at the latest update level, so is there a way to force the update? I assume that's my problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Just clarify, you have a Z120 and your "upgrade failed" is when installing the ShortFuse hack (2.004)? If so, then I am missing what you mean by "I am already at the latest update level". Where exactly are you?

Typically, if you attempt to install an update/upgrade that has a version number NOT greater than the currently installed one, nothing happens (or the AVIC just scans the SD and plays any wave/mp3 files it finds). It doesn't give an error message.

So, I'd guess you are having an I/O error on your SD. Try another - freshly formated FAT32.

• 4 weeks later...

I spoke to soon. The map update worked well...no problem what so ever. I then posted a separate thread (cause I didn't read all the way and see about the sd2 folder with the blue tooth)

Anyway, came back to your directions, cleaned the sd card, copied the firmware from sd2 to the disk (so the sd card just had the folder firmware with its contents) I put in the radio and nothing occurred. I went to settings, bluetooth, and hit firmware update. It runs....and then after 6 mins (every time) it returns "an error occurred during update"

In the mean time, I've tried just moving the firmware from sd1 over (looked to be the same files-same result) Then I tried putting all of sd1 back on the card to see if it would start the update process (it didn't) and then tried the bt update again, no luck.

I have some pics as well....i didn't know if it wise to give the device number out so i covered it....

My phone cannot find the avic when bluetooth is on....it used to work (I think it was prior to the ios5 update)

Any help? thanks....

Joe

http://imageshack.us...0/photo1xk.jpg/

http://img440.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=photo1xk.jpg

Firmware on SD1 is a different version, 3.10 I think. Some instructions said to install the map update, then update BT (as you have seen, it is manually update from BT settings). Then install BT 3.11 (SD2). I don't understand why - and I doubt if is necessary to do both.

It appears your problem is with the SD itself. Try a different one. Luckily, the FIrmware files are small - only a couple MB, so you can use a just about any SD you have laying around.

No, not after you've installed CNSD-210BT SD1. Your 4th pic looks correct except for the BT. If you had a Z120, you started with ver 2.0. Then you got 2.003 and applied ShortFuse's hack (2.004), then the upgrade (on CNSD-210BT SD1) to 3.0 (app version 3.001).

I'm wondering if your files are corrupted. But with 2 Firmware (SD1 and 2) it doesn't seem likely both would be. Here is just the Firmware dir from SD2.

FIRMWARE.rar

Awww.... I was feeling good about this one. I reformatted two different cards and put your file and both of them... neither card worked. Came back with the error.

too bad there isn't an error log on the thing....

Am I going to run into problems if I call avic support? Being that I have the 3.0?

Awww.... I was feeling good about this one. I reformatted two different cards and put your file and both of them... neither card worked. Came back with the error.

too bad there isn't an error log on the thing....

Am I going to run into problems if I call avic support? Being that I have the 3.0?

You probably won't get any help from Pioneer unless you purchased the upgrade.

One other possibility is the SD reader/writer. Some people with update problems got it to work by using a different computer. Is your sd writer internal or external? I've had problems with SDs. They seem to write OK but aren't readable in another device.

update the bluetooth ver 3.10 from sd1 then put the sd2 and do the bluetooth ver 3.22

That seems to be correct and is what the Pioneer CNSD-210BT update instructions say. It seems odd, but it looks like Parrot updates are incremental. Just the large difference (proportionally) of file size of the Firmware directories between SD1 and SD2 indicates that they must be incremental updates.

I wonder if you could go back to the CNSD-110FM SD2 Firmware (BT), install that - which might put you back to your previous version, then do the CNSD-210FM SD1 and SD2 in order.

Another way out of this mess might be to load files using TestMode, but I can't help much there. There is another sub-forum that is working on hacks that I occasionally read (sorry - don't have the link to it ATT) that discusses the internal file system layout. There are even backup partitions. Maybe is would be possible to restore your whole system to the original image (pre-update - Z120?) and try again, or not. But at least you might have a working system.

To update maps,

I have 120BT US version, can I follow this instructions to update mine?