AVIC411.com

assignable bt output?

finishing up making a ddin bezel for my car to install my 110 and i have a question about bt. i run a processor and it has problems with the delay used to cancel echos on bt systems (it adds it's own delay, which wreaks havoc with bt) and was wondering if the audio is assignable for phone calls? on my current hu i have it set to only play calls through the front left speaker, which is a 3.5" in the dash not being used as part of the audio. it is powered by the hu and i have the hu faded to the rear only and then use the rear rca outs as the only input i need for my processor. this way when i call comes in the audio portion of my system is disengaged and i only hear the phone conversation via the front 3.5".

You can not assign BT audio to any particular audio channel(s), however you can assign Phone and Guidance audio to L+R, L, or R. See pg 162 in the Z110 manual. Note that phone/guidance never goes to the rear channels.

You can also set to auto mute the other audio sources when on the Phone, NAV guidance, or when you are using VR.

You can set the audio level for both Phone and Gudance to a fixed level. And you can then use the fader to set your normal audio to rear channels only. I think that comes close to doing what you want.

Seems like a convoluted set-up. Not sure why you need a separate sound processor when the AVIC does a good job on its own (Sound Stage and graphic EQ).

thanks for the reply. if the phone audio only broadcasts via the front channels then i will be fine (i'll just use the rear outs for my processor and leave the single dash speaker connected via hu power). i'll have to experiment on mine once installed to see if it will still work with the hu faded 100% to the rear.

i run a separate processor because the avic can't do what the jbl ms-8 can (8 channels of audio, active crossovers, digital time alignment, 31 band eq, etc etc)

http://ms8.jbl.com/

• 1 month later...

Why don't you just move your processor to the front rcas to get the BT audio through your other speakers?

And then you can set the audio system to MUTE while a call comes in, navigation guidance or voice control [bT+ NAV + GUIDANCE MUTE] and you can set the level of mute, 10%, 20% or full mute.

Why don't you just move your processor to the front rcas to get the BT audio through your other speakers?

And then you can set the audio system to MUTE while a call comes in, navigation guidance or voice control [bT+ NAV + GUIDANCE MUTE] and you can set the level of mute, 10%, 20% or full mute.

2 reasons. first, because the delay that the hu uses for bt to avoid the echo wreaks havoc with my processor, which also uses a minimum of 8ms of delay on it's own (and much more depending on individual speaker locations). second, because it is much easier to run the rear channels to the processor and fade the hu all the way to the rear. bt/guidance still play through the 3.5" i have mounted in the factory dash location on hu power while all other speakers are muted and i can independently adjust the volume as needed (say if i am driving on the freeway with the windows open and/or music loud). this also keeps the audio localized to the driver's side of the dash and doesn't annoy any passengers.