AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

Mod comment: Do not follow these instructions. Installing Hackmode is dangerous and could make a bad situation much worse. Instead, use this simple method to totally remove the password: Password-Removal-Script/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hopefully this post will help some people out.

I just bought a used 930 off craigslist and low and behold there is a password..

I've been searching around for the past few hours trying to figure out away to clear/reset the password on this unit.. This is what I came up with..

1a) Send the unit off to pioneer and spend the xxx amount of money --OR--

--WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO!!--

1b. Go here: http://avic411.com/i...dated-13062011/

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..
b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)
c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

That's it!

(P.S. I almost did'nt post this, but I figured if someone wants my head unit, what good will it be to me if I have a password or not? It's gone either way.)

- Mods, please delete this post if its against TOS. Otherwise... Sticky? ;)
-- Edit: Also please move this to troubleshooting if you feel it would be better there.

Step By Step Guide by "IAmSuperBleeder" here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32929-x930bt-password-recovery/?p=259263

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Im certainly not crazy about this being posted here but I feel your right in the fact that it really doesn't prevent theft in the first place. I still feel we shouldn't make it any easier for them though. Regardless, its out there now so Ill let it be.

wow you bougth a x930bt from CL and they did not give you a password with it ?

i wonder if it was stolen

Nah I am almost sure its clean.. The guy bought a new car and had the dealer install the deck.. When they set it up they didn't give him the password.. So, the deck is only like 1.5 months old and turns out he did not like the squarness look and went back to stock. Got it for $340.. Warranty cards and all.. :)

Yeah Im certainly not crazy about this being posted here but I feel your right in the fact that it really doesn't prevent theft in the first place. I still feel we shouldn't make it any easier for them though. Regardless, its out there now so Ill let it be.

Yes.. I thought about it for at least an hour before posting it.. I figured I may as well put it out there, not for the thieves, but for the people that get screwed buying used stuff (like me...) or the poor souls that forget what they set it to. Of course that's not to say the info wont fall into the wrong hands :(

Nah I am almost sure its clean.. The guy bought a new car and had the dealer install the deck.. When they set it up they didn't give him the password.. So, the deck is only like 1.5 months old and turns out he did not like the squarness look and went back to stock. Got it for $340.. Warranty cards and all.. :)

ah well thats cool

I know i like my warranty i got from best buy because they fix everything if i have a problem i take it in walk in leave it for up to 5 days if they can't fix it they replace it

if its something like a password and i ever forget it but i problem they will send it down the road just about 15 minutes away to Electra sound wich is the Pioneer repair facility

• 2 weeks later...

Password Recovery on AVIC-X710BT

I'm new here. I have an AVIC-X710BT. I bought it from Crutchfield in 2010. All of a sudden, after the car battery was replaced it comes up with wanting a password. The password I wrote down initially doesn't work. I called Crutchfield and said it had to go back to Pioneer but they want $250. to look at it and might refund some if it's an easy password reset. Is there anything I can try at this end. I've read the re-set codes for other decks. Will they work or does anyone have one for this one.

Much thanks,

I just bought one today used. i hope it doesn't have a password but i do have the sellers phone number and email address. I confirmed it wasn't stolen by going to the place he said he bought it (fairly large car audio chain) and confirmed it by showing them the unit and giving them his name and phone number. It is 3 months old and I got it for $400.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks DJmixman for the help...my ipod connector in the back of my radio was lose so my ipod wasnt working properly. I disconnected the battery fix the cord and when i reconnected it...problem!!! I forgot my password. I searched all over the net for a solution and called pioneer the only option 1a. Thank you for your post because i would have to unistall, wait 3-4 weeks,pay over 70.00 bucks, and then reinstall my radio for a solution that took me less than 5 mins to do. And yes I purchased my radio myself brand new it was not stolen.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hopefully this post will help some people out.

I just bought a used 930 off craigslist and low and behold there is a password..

I've been searching around for the past few hours trying to figure out away to clear/reset the password on this unit.. This is what I came up with..

1a) Send the unit off to pioneer and spend the xxx amount of money --OR--

--WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO!!--

1b. Go here: http://avic411.com/i...dated-13062011/

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..

b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)

c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

That's it!

(P.S. I almost did'nt post this, but I figured if someone wants my head unit, what good will it be to me if I have a password or not? It's gone either way.)

- Mods, please delete this post if its against TOS. Otherwise... Sticky? ;)

-- Edit: Also please move this to troubleshooting if you feel it would be better there.

hello i am new here and i did this method and gotten my password but when i put it in the pioneer x930bt says it is an invalid code i am trying the unit outside of a car with a 12volt power supply because i wanted to see if it worked.

any help would be nice thnak you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks for this! I was in exactly the same position, Bought an Avic 920BT on eBay. i didn't fit it for months as I was working on the engine. When I came to fit it I discovered it had a password. I contacted the seller and he was helpful giving me loads to try, but he couldn't remember what it was.

My search brought me here and a quick download, print the instructions, rush out to the car and it's fixed 8)

BTW his guesses were very close, It was his DOB, but all numbers and no words, so I know it's not a knock off!!

Thanks very much for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I need this mod. Same problem as many others. Bought radio new, installer never gave me the password. Disconnected battery, now need password.

Will this keep all functionality of the unit? I don't want to lose my NAV function.

Also, which file do I need to get and run on the HU. It looked like there was mor than 1 file on the link above.

Thanks.