AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hopefully this post will help some people out.

THANK YOU so much!!!! I just had a new battery installed into my car today and then realized I needed my password. I sat in my car for over an hour (turning it on and off) trying everything I could think of. Your post saved my butt!!! I had tried a version of my password, but obviously I didn't have it exactly right. Again thank you so much!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

My x930bt unit is crazy. My vehicle was on non-op for a month or so, and since the battery died on me I have to recharge it. However, when I turned on the car it was asking me for the password. So, I entered the correct password but the unit does not recognize the password. When I found this forum I thought my problems will be solve and my need for chasing after pioneer will be sealed. Unfortunately, the testmod did not work for me, I mean I was able to retrieve the password following the instructions posted here. The password that I got using the testmod was the same as the one I used. I am confuse, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this information......I bumbled through it and was succesful!

(I had the issue come up after disconnecting the battery to install cruise control on my Smart)

Not so easy for the computer illiterate like me. Took me a while to realize I just had to copy the whole file to the SD card. I kept looking for one file. (test mode)

And then the embarassment continued when I discovered that the password was my normal one and I had forgotten that I'd even put the damn password in to the unit. Good grief I'm a dork.

Thanks again.

Simply tring to get the password to an avicx930. I just saved the file to my sd card with nothing else on it. When I enter the sd card to the unit nothing happens. when I view the sd card I see the file named 1.4 base install via test mode. Am I doing something wrong?

I am a dealer that has a unit locked up by a customer, and pioneer even wants to charge us to unlock.

-Chris

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hopefully this post will help some people out.

I just bought a used 930 off craigslist and low and behold there is a password..

I've been searching around for the past few hours trying to figure out away to clear/reset the password on this unit.. This is what I came up with..

1a) Send the unit off to pioneer and spend the xxx amount of money --OR--

--WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO!!--

1b. Go here: http://avic411.com/i...dated-13062011/

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..

b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)

c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

That's it!

(P.S. I almost did'nt post this, but I figured if someone wants my head unit, what good will it be to me if I have a password or not? It's gone either way.)

- Mods, please delete this post if its against TOS. Otherwise... Sticky? ;)

-- Edit: Also please move this to troubleshooting if you feel it would be better there.

how do you load up the files when the only screen that loads is the password screen.

i thought i knew my password but it's been so long. swapped the battery and now i can't get it back it's driving me insane. on a x930bt.

ah nevermind i'm an idiot. for the people with my problem. wipe your sd card and load the all files in the zip to it. insert to unit and boot up car, then it will bootup in hackmode or whatever, then just follow the steps.

just worked for me so happy!!! i was so close to the original p/w.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have the same problem as many of you and had to change my battery for my car. I have a x930bt that I bought from a sound shop. Everything worked great until it told me I needed a password to use my unit after the battery died. I've downloaded the Condi Hack 1.4 but it won't load on my unit. It stays on the password lock screen. Does anyone know how to access the files on my micro sd from the password screen? Any help would be truly appreciated!!!

Thank you,

TJ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

does anyone know where to get the testmode files to reset my password? ive beenlooking for 2 days now and no luck can only find condihack which is password protected and i dont think thats the right zip anywas.hopefully someone can help

THANKS

My x920 was stolen (literally ripped from my dashboard) and it had the password set- so I have mixed feelings about information like this being available to >cough< 'anyone'. Ultimately I guess why should legitimate owners suffer b/c of the handful of a$$hats that are out there...

Now with my replacement x930 I have the password set AND I take the 'face' with me when parked in public... :)

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...