AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

it works, THANK YOU.  I also had a dead battery.  when I got back in my car, asked for a password.  I was told by the installer to call pioneer, pioneer told me I would have to have it uninstalled, send in with 80.00 for a reset, then pay to get it reinstalled.  thank you for saving me all the money!!!!! I went thru all the steps with my sd micro went thru all the steps my only thing is when I got to security there was no password option???  I ejected the sd card and when I turned it back on it worked!!!!!!  I'm sooo happy!!!!!  thank you, thank you!!!! 

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I did all the process til the end in a F930BT and I found the password. Using the HOME key I got to the first screen, powered the unit off and removed the card, but when I power the unit back, it shows me this message: there is not applicable program.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Hello,

I did all the process til the end in a F930BT and I found the password. Using the HOME key I got to the first screen, powered the unit off and removed the card, but when I power the unit back, it shows me this message: there is not applicable program.

What can I do?

Thanks for your help in advance.

That's impossible if you haven't changed/removed any file. Dumping the password.dat file is harmless. Did you use HackMode (v2.21) or TestMode (v1.4)?

I've done it again using hackmode v2.21 and now this message appears on the screen: Installer fliles not found. Is SD/USB still in device?

Ah, well, you used the almighty unit eater. You should have stayed away from v2.21 like the other 8,472 posts say. If the admins would care about their members, they'd put a HUUUUUUGE warning sign saying that v2.21 is very dangerous, but... meh!

• 4 weeks later...

omg! thank you, thank you, thank you! I brought my car second hand a few months ago, we got driving lights fitted and what do you know? yep password required.... I tried every bloody thing to get it working again, I rang pioneer and they said if you don't have the password you might as well throw it in the bin and buy a new one....everyone I spoke with had no idea, they all said the same thing, without the password its no good ( this made me so angry!) nothing would work until I was just about to go spend $1500 on a new one! I thought I might just see one more time on the internet if anyone else has been through the same thing, and what do you know I found this site!! :) thank god... I followed all the steeps and when it come up with the password omg I could not wipe the smile from my face! I should have thought of this 3 months ago.......  im so grateful that I found this site, thanks to you I have saved a lot of money! :)

cheers michelle  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Just another heads-up to anyone on here.

DON'T USE THE CONDI HACKMODE FILES if all you want to do is recover the password.

ALL YOU NEED is the TESTMODE.KEY file that can be downloaded on here (search for "supertestmode")

Place it in the root of an SD care (mine needs a micro sd, other need a fullsize one).

Insert this in your unit and it will enter the test mode after a few seconds.

You operate the system test mode using the buttons and volume control on your unit and you can extract the file, as described.

Either the "USER" or (apparently) the "NAND" directories as described above.

Just to repeat YOU ONLY NEED THE ONE FILE!!!!!!!! and you get in to the built-in test mode.

Just did it (safely) and quickly on mine.

Thank You SO MUCH for this awesome post.

I am the 2nd owner of a 2013 Subaru STI and had to get my battery replaced. Resulting in the locked Head Unit. The dealer had no idea how to fix this, and the previous owner forgot the password! I thought I was screwed.

Again, A very nice post, the pictures and the step by step instructions couldn't be better!

No1uno3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a new battery today, this hack is not working for me avic-x930bt.  

My password in the file somehow had 25 spaces at the end.   When you enter the password, it does not permit a password entry that long.   I copied the file to my sd card and edited it to "123456789" on my computer and then copied to the folder on the head unit, still invalid pw.   I thought maybe it cached the old password so I disconnected the battery again and tried my new password, still invalid.   Any ideas?

BTW i tried with and without an extra space at the end as some suggested.

I did the above with v2.2.  After reading the warnings about not using that one, i switched to v1.4.   I "dumped" the password file and it does now show my new 123456789 password.  But it still says it's invalid, with or without a trailing space.

I guess tomorrow i can next try just deleting the password file alltogether :(