AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

I'd like to share my experience w/this, in case it helps anyone else.  This did work for my quite well.  I extracted to a blank 2gb SD card, used the "avic411" password, and followed the instructions w/out deviating.  In case it matters, I did do the parking break bypass last year though I had the brake on anyway.  So, I had two things that weren't exactly as described.  First, when you get to the last steps where there's only supposed to be a password file, I also had another one there called "adb" something or other (If anyone needs to know, I can go do it again and take a pic).  I just ignored it and selected password option anyway.  And there was the password.  It's one I usually use for my kids stuff so I hadn't thought to try it.  So I backed out and restarted, yadda yadda, but password was rejected.  I added a space at the end as someone else had suggested somewhere on here, but that didn't work either.  Tried another variation w/some extra #'s (which I usually put at the end of that particular password, even though they weren't shown in the test mode).  No good, so had to reset after using my three tries.  Restarted and tried the "correct" one again just in case: no dice.  Tried one more time on the off chance I had made a typo twice before (pretty damn unlikely) and voila, it worked!

So my advice would be to keep plugging in the password you think it is, because apparently this thing doesn't like to accept defeat or something. Anyone know what that other file was about and why I have it when others don't?  Just curious, no biggie.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello:)

I wonder where can I get the file "testmode" to extract it onto my microSD? I just could find it anywhere:( Or it's just me?

Please help!!!

I tried to install my X930BT from my 2005 Xterra to my 2002 Envoy XL SLT (Bose premium and amp) but, stopped right after I unhooked it because I read that I would be needing more stuffs for it to work on my Envoy.

Now, after plugging back the Neg on the X there goes a password box.

I would love to have the TestMode file so I can just recover that damn password!!! I have tried all that.... yeah! you know already...

Thank you very much, anyone?!!!

IF YOU CAN NOT TYPE THE PASSWORD BE SURE TO HAVE EMERGENCY BREAK ON! SAFETY PROTOCOL, MUST HAVE E-BRAKE ON IN ORDER TO OPERATE THE DEVICE IN SOME SITUATIONS ;)

Oh... my... God...

I moved my x930bt from my Scion to my new Mazda.  I was surprised when the password screen was locked without allowing me to even try once (the manual does say that the screen will lock after 3 attempts).  Happy that I took an extended warranty at Future Shop, I brought it there saying that the touch screen was no longer working.

After 6 weeks waiting, I got a call this afternoon from them saying that they received the module but they couldn't repair anything since nothing had been found to be wrong (I thought they would have downloaded the firmware back or something).  Aargh.  My next step was to use TestMode to somehow remove the password... and I stumble onto to reply from you.  Indeed, the parking brake was not activated when I first tried.  AARGH!

I juste tried it and it works.  6 weeks lost, but I would've brought it back to FutureShop because they say that they give new units if they can't repair it after 3 attempts.  I'm happy with the unit, so I'll keep it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm new here and I just got a x930bt  from ebay, connected it up and its asking for a password. Can't get the seller to response but I deal  with that later.

I found this forum and try to download HACKMODE 1.4BASE to my computer (it's a mac if that makes a difference) and each time I try it says "decompression failed"

Can anyone help or explain what the issue could be? 

email me geehinez@hotmail.com

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome, I have had several people tell me today I would have to buy a new unit as I didn't have the password and nobody could recover it. I used your instructions and my unit is up and running Thank you

All I need now is to be able to get maps for Australia. Is there a similar software to be able to do get the maps working in Australia.

as this unit was purchased in America by the previous owner of my car.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

THANK YOU!!!  Your help with this area is so much appreciated!  I don't know when or how the password was set on my unit in my car but when the battery was unhooked to install a trailer hitch and the navigation system rebooted with a "password" request I had no hope without you!  Pioneer was less than no help at all with their "remove your unit. pack it. ship it to us WITH $$$$.  we'll send it back. you can reinstall the unit".  You have made me a VERY happy person today!  Thanks again!