AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to clean off my battery terminals and forgot my password apparently. ( swear I have the right one) .  I've ran the perl script and created my testmode_a.key and have placed it on a fat32 formated usb, however... I can't get the faceplate to open up to be able to insert said usb...

any help is appreciated.  I don't want to have to remove the device from my truck.  Just want to gain access to SD or USB port.  Before you ask, I have tried the pin to the right of the eject button.  All it seems to do is cycle the device into post and boot, and then ask for the password again.

(NEX 4200)

I'm a database administrator with production databases on RHEL 7 and HPUX so I think I can make my way around an andriod device ok with a little help from smart people about the pioneer.

• 2 weeks later...

Did everything as above, have the password 

cannot enter it screen is locked ? Is there a way to remove the password ?

If you don't have the parking brake bypassed, you must have it wired correctly (as in the manual) and set it in order to enter the password. AFA removing the password, just delete that file that you dumped in order to retrieve it.

I understand the reluctance peo]le might have to helping in ]assword recovery. You wouldn't know if the stolen or legitimately owned. I don't remember who helped me but I'll give a thanks again.

My situation was legit in that I never rember have put in a password. When my vehicle battery died, the radio locked out. It seams like a scam that pioneer charges for the service when an innocent new owner does not realize they missed a step in the setup. I searched through the manual before and after I was helped with the recovery and still don't know where I went wrong. I'm all set now and I've had to reset the unit several times since due to power issues but now have the password memorized.

Once again a big THANKYOU.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How did you find a way

Maybe I can help. I found a way to recover the password without any hack (Avic X930Bt), and it should work with any model which has a password and only if you can enter to the system.. This is no bull, or spam. Will post pics when time is avail. PM me if interested.

Hello, I had a new battery put in my Subaru BRZ and then my Pioneer unit needed a password. Since I bought the car used, I had no idea what it was. Thank you to everyone providing the detailed step by step instructions. It worked like a charm! My car stereo works again and I wrote down the password.

Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Maybe I can help. I found a way to recover the password without any hack (Avic X930Bt), and it should work with any model which has a password and only if you can enter to the system.. This is no bull, or spam. Will post pics when time is avail. PM me if interested.

I have a X930Bt and changed my battery and now I am locked out because I can't remember my password. I have entered everything but the kitchen sink. Any help you could give me would greatly be appreciated.

I have a X930Bt and changed my battery and now I am locked out because I can't remember my password. I have entered everything but the kitchen sink. Any help you could give me would greatly be appreciated.

Do not install anything - especially Hackmode. You'll have a 50% chance of bricking your unit. Search for and download to your PC  supertestmode.zip and extract testmode.key from the zip. Put that on your FAT32 SD and insert into the headunit.

This procedure erases any password in X and Z series headunits. The basic steps are:

• Put SD into HU
  • Boot into Testmode
  • Go to File Maintenance
  • Navigate  to USER\SYSTEM\SECURITY
  • Delete PASSWORD.DAT
  • Remove the SD
  • Restart the unit

As I have noted in many posts, don't password protect your unit. It won't stop a thief and will just be a big PITA in the future.