AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a x930BT and couldn't find the password so I got myself a battery and brought it next to my computer and hooked my stereo there so I won't be making trips back and forth to my computer and car. Then downloaded the hack tools, got to the password.dat and it showed me my passcode, the problem is that it stills gives me an invalid passcode message even though I put the passcode it gave me. I even copied the dat file to my sd card and opened it on my computer.

Is it because I have it hooked up to a battery and not in the car itself? 

EDIT: Nevermind got it fixed, turns out my passcode had two spaces after the code (IE 2699(two spaces here)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I download the file and able to open test mode BUT from Maintenance file I do not know what to push NOTHING works.

I have 950BT, changed the battery and do not remember the password.

Thanks

You probably don't have the updated TESTMODE.key file that enables the copy/paste functions.  Search for it in the forums of this site.

Hello,

I able to open Maintenance file BUT now I do not see "USER" option I have 950BT.

What should I do?

Thank you.

Well, "USER" is not an option.  It's a directory in the unit's file system.  If you cannot see the directory, your unit will not work because it requires it.

I don't know if installing an update would reinstall the directory.  I've never tried it or heard of someone who did.

Thank you!!!! Last week my Equinox's battery shorted out caused a huge huge huge snowball effected first triggered my passlock to shut off my fuel and a few other things. Once I sorted ALL that out.... next I found my stereo locked. Tried everything under the moon to break it. Found this forum and not even a minuet with the SD in the headunit I was able to start using my radio again. THANK YOU!!! Not everyone who is a noob is a thief. Sometimes you're just a single mom who got something really cool as a gift and have something bad happen. Thank you to the OP for posting this!!!  

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hopefully this post will help some people out.

I just bought a used 930 off craigslist and low and behold there is a password..

I've been searching around for the past few hours trying to figure out away to clear/reset the password on this unit.. This is what I came up with..

1a) Send the unit off to pioneer and spend the xxx amount of money --OR--

--WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO!!--

1b. Go here: http://avic411.com/i...dated-13062011/

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..

b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)

c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

That's it!

(P.S. I almost did'nt post this, but I figured if someone wants my head unit, what good will it be to me if I have a password or not? It's gone either way.)

- Mods, please delete this post if its against TOS. Otherwise... Sticky? ;)

-- Edit: Also please move this to troubleshooting if you feel it would be better there.

Step By Step Guide by "IAmSuperBleeder" here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/32929-x930bt-password-recovery/?p=259263

thanks man, it really works great for my X930BT

• 3 weeks later...