AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

I got a new battery today, this hack is not working for me avic-x930bt.  

My password in the file somehow had 25 spaces at the end.   When you enter the password, it does not permit a password entry that long.   I copied the file to my sd card and edited it to "123456789" on my computer and then copied to the folder on the head unit, still invalid pw.   I thought maybe it cached the old password so I disconnected the battery again and tried my new password, still invalid.   Any ideas?

BTW i tried with and without an extra space at the end as some suggested.

I did the above with v2.2.  After reading the warnings about not using that one, i switched to v1.4.   I "dumped" the password file and it does now show my new 123456789 password.  But it still says it's invalid, with or without a trailing space.

I guess tomorrow i can next try just deleting the password file alltogether :(

I also wonder how that password file works. I mean, one would expect that file to be read each time the password is required or, at least, each time the unit is booted, but apparently not. It's not the first time I see something like this.

I also find it odd that you were able to use 25 characters to set the password but not able to enter it back because it's considered too long.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have also a pioneer f930bt. After a check up in the garage (something with the battery), my gps asks now a password.

I never did use a password... So I could not enter one... I really want to use my gps again.

I find a lot of files here but what is the correct one? Can somebody help me please?

Kind regards

• 3 weeks later...

File transfer issue. Unable to open/run zip HACKMODE v1.4 BASE. error message "Unable to unarchive "Condi's HACKMODE v1.4 BASE-Install VIA TESTMODE.zip" into "USB convert" (my mini SD card usb reader) . Error 1-Operation not permitted". 

File appears on card but nothing occurs when placed into unit. 

Needs to be unzipped/altered in some way?

This saved me so much time and money.  About a week ago my battery died and when I recharged and turned my car back on my system asked for a password which I did not know because  my husband had it professionally installed four years ago.  When I contacted Pioneer I was told that there was no default password and that I would have to mail it into have it reset at the factory.  The price to reset $250!!!  Not to mention how much it would cost on top of that to have it reinstalled and the time I would have to wait to get my navigation back. This really saved me a lot of time and money.  Your instructions were very direct and simple.  Thanks so much for sharing :)

Thank you IAmSuperBleeder!  I purchased a jeep wrangler with this radio installed and I tow the jeep behind my motorhome.  I unhooked the battery as needed for towing it and then the password screen came up when I hooked it back together.  Your post was very straight forward and the photos were a huge help.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a GREAT organized set of instructions on how to recover the password!! If you ever do (or have) updated your unit to the X940 platform, I'm sure others (as well as I) on here would love to see you do a similar set of instructions to accomplish that task. Either way, thank you for this one!!

Thanks so much worked perfectly  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to say THANK YOU.  Like most other people here, I joined the forum to download the attachment (sorry) but this really saved me.  

For the record, this happened to me after a repair (A/C condenser replacement) where the mechanic apparently had to reset the power.  I am the original owner of this unit. Haven't been prompted for a password EVER and I've had it for years.  I must have set this password but legitimately just couldn't remember even doing it.  

One thing that may help someone else.  I opened the zip file with the stock (mac osx) zip extractor and the password avic411 wouldn't work.  Got pretty frustrated but then I downloaded a different zip extractor app and it worked.  So, if avic411 doesn't work for you, try a different method of extracting the files.

From there on everything went without a hitch.  Just follow the photo guide exactly.

This really saved me time, frustration, and $$$.  Thank you!