AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought an 2008 AUDI A4 2.0T S-Line

Had it 21 days and had to take it back to the dealership for repairs. Plastic piece cracked that had something to do w the coolant system leaking antifreeze. Anyway they disconnected the battery fixing the leak and now I have another problem. The after market head unit that is in the car don't work and is asking me for a password. Turns out its a pioneer AVIC-X930BT. I read the above post and I was wonder if the reset process is the same for my head unit. I need some help I know the above post are from a couple years back but I need some help/info to troubleshoot this problem.

Get supertestmode.zip and put it onto a 4gb or 8gb microsd card formatted fat32 with the 16k allocation size selected.

Then follow these steps from the first post in this thread.

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..
b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)
c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

Also, there are very good pictures showing the process HERE but do not use condi hack, it will brick your unit.  You only need supertestmode key.  The pictures show how to navigate the menu.

On 2/17/2016 at 11:38 AM, BlakeStone said:

Get supertestmode.zip and put it onto a 4gb or 8gb microsd card formatted fat32 with the 16k allocation size selected.

Then follow these steps from the first post in this thread.

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..

b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)

c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

Also, there are very good pictures showing the process HERE but do not use condi hack, it will brick your unit.  You only need supertestmode key.  The pictures show how to navigate the menu.

Let me slightly elaborate on this. Get the zip, then extract Testmode.key. Put it on the SD card.

Also an alternate suggestion:  to totally remove the password protection, delete the password file mentioned above. Then reboot. It should not ask for a password. Password protection serves no purpose.

• A thief will not know it is passworded and will break-in and still steal your radio anyway.
  • The thief will easily figure out how to unlock the radio using these same methods
  • And finally, it becomes a royal PITA to you once you disconnect the battery and can't remember the password!

Hey Folks,

New member, old story. Changed my battery and then needed a password. Called Pioneer and had some obtuse jerk tell me that I will have to tear the AVIC-930BT unit out of my dash, mail it to California, and for a mere $80.00 US (approximately $500 Can), get it exorcised. Shipping, exorcism, and aggravation would have come to more than the I could stomach. I took a chance on the Hackmode and it worked flawlessly. I say "took a chance" because I am technologically challenged. No, actually, technologically disabled would better describe my level of expertise. And yet, with your graphic instructions, I did it. Many, many thanks. You see, I travel 300 kilometers, out on Monday, back on Friday, for my job, with nothing to listen to but the truck's squeaks, creaks, and groans. Oh, and yes, those damn voices in my head. So, dragging this short story out, even longer, I owe you, and many musicians, my tenuous grasp on sanity. Or at least, what passes for sanity in rural Alberta, Canada. So, once again, much obliged.

Ren

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Works great! Thanks! I bought a car that had an AVIC-X930BT in it. Everything worked as it should with the Hackmode v1.4. It showed me the Password that I knew it was all along. Anyway, the car had sat for quite awhile and perhaps the batt voltage was low causing a malfunction and causing the unit not to accept the password?  I tried to enter the correct password and it told me it was incorrect 20x . That is why I pursued this method. After the the second time it worked. Weird. I know.

Thanks again.

Don't use a MAC to do this. A PC does it much easier (WinZip) the Mac programs that perform archiving don't work as well or at all. I was using El Capitan.