AVIC411.com

[X930BT] - Password Recovery (obsolete)

Hey All,

Just became a member... trying to follow dos and donts on this topic.

Just bought a 2006 jeep laredo with a AVIC930BT From a used dealer. Unit has a password that they said they would provide but couldnt. Loaded the Condi program on SD... AND, purchased the WinRAR to get the encrypted program unzipped but it doesnt seem to work... any help here????

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Thank You to IAmSuperBleeder for the great detail and pictures.

I had never seen one of these units until a customer got one in a used vehicle bought at auction. For me, with my lack of any knowledge on the unit, the initial post was just too vague to try because of my concern I trash the unit while monkeying around with the software.

The detailed posting with photos is exactly what I needed to confidently boot the system and unlock it.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I can help. I found a way to recover the password without any hack (Avic X930Bt), and it should work with any model which has a password and only if you can enter to the system.. This is no bull, or spam. Will post pics when time is avail. PM me if interested.

Hey All,

Just became a member... trying to follow dos and donts on this topic.

Just bought a 2006 jeep laredo with a AVIC930BT From a used dealer. Unit has a password that they said they would provide but couldnt. Loaded the Condi program on SD... AND, purchased the WinRAR to get the encrypted program unzipped but it doesnt seem to work... any help here????

My SD card didnt work also. Insure you format your SD card FAT32 format, mine was NFTS so i reformated to the FAT32 and Wiola!!!

IF by any chance one accidently lost or delete all files in the main directory (PRGO), Goto (PRG1) and copy all files including directories (DIR). Return to (PRG0) & paste. NOTE: This procedure doesnot delete password. You still need a password as described above.

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster! Hopefully this post will help some people out.

I just bought a used 930 off craigslist and low and behold there is a password..

I've been searching around for the past few hours trying to figure out away to clear/reset the password on this unit.. This is what I came up with..

1a) Send the unit off to pioneer and spend the xxx amount of money --OR--

--WARNING: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO!!--

1b. Go here: http://avic411.com/i...dated-13062011/

a. Grab the test mode files and load it up on the sd card and head over to the head unit..

b. Insert card and load up test mode.. Go to the file manager -> User -> system -> security -> password and do a Text dump of this file.. (thanks to user: odskaggs2 for the hint!)

c. write down the what is on the screen.. This is the password!!! =D

That's it!

(P.S. I almost did'nt post this, but I figured if someone wants my head unit, what good will it be to me if I have a password or not? It's gone either way.)

- Mods, please delete this post if its against TOS. Otherwise... Sticky? ;)

-- Edit: Also please move this to troubleshooting if you feel it would be better there.

• 2 weeks later...

What if you know the password but can't actually enter it?

My unit was installed by a dealer, and now I'm moving it to another car. I know the password but when I press letters nothing happens.

IF YOU CAN NOT TYPE THE PASSWORD BE SURE TO HAVE EMERGENCY BREAK ON! SAFETY PROTOCOL, MUST HAVE E-BRAKE ON IN ORDER TO OPERATE THE DEVICE IN SOME SITUATIONS ;)

Have an AVIC-X930BT system in my car which I purchased myself brand new. Battery died yesterday and had to have it replaced. Got the password cue at startup. I, of course, forgot my password...

Followed the instructions (downloaded the v1.3 testmode file) and within 2 minutes I was back up and running. Worked perfectly. Thank you!

Please help, downloaded condi hack 1.4 testmode. It brought up 2 file folders condi hack and condi hack tools, I dragged it to the sd card and it asked for a password to unzip it avc.exe or something so I typed avic411 and it unzipped it and another prompt for password under hackmode.key came up but the password did not work for that. It showed the copied files were on the sd but will not boot up on start up of unit when micro sd is in the unit

I am having the same problem @streetfury1. Unzipped it with the program on stock program on my computer went to my car and no boot up, I tried a few options and nothing still. i am going to try the v1.3 base and see if that works. I wish someone could just do this for me