AVIC411.com

Using the GPS on the AVIC U310BT

I must be missing something with the AVIC U310bt GPS, but when I go to enter an address, I start with the STATE, and then enter the CITY ... and this GPS provides me with a list of cities for that state. This is the first GPS that I have ever used that has more that one City option for a state.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this just simply the worst designed GPS interface ever.

Here is an example, I want to find an address in Lincoln, Nebraska. First I enter NEBRASKA for the state and then I enter LINCOLN for the city and I am presented with a screen full of options for LINCOLN (and I need to pick the proper one for the street I am looking for).

Here is another example. I want to find an address for Preston, Iowa. First I enter IOWA for the state and then i enter PRESTON for the city and I am presented with a list of Preston options (this is a town of less than 1000 people)

I did update the maps hoping to correct this poor interface, but no luck. Any help is appreciated as for now I gave up on this GPS and am using a TOM TOM.