AVIC411.com

media formats for playing from SD card

Hi guys! I'm new with AVIC-Z110BT. What is the best and reliable media format for playing video on Z110BT? Divx? Something else? I tried to convert MP4 video clips to Divx - but it's taking so long for conversion (( Any ideas? My AVIC has been not updated yet for new firmware (2011), should I? Will it help to play regular MP4 videos? Thanks in advance!

Hi guys! I'm new with AVIC-Z110BT. What is the best and reliable media format for playing video on Z110BT? Divx? Something else? I tried to convert MP4 video clips to Divx - but it's taking so long for conversion (( Any ideas? My AVIC has been not updated yet for new firmware (2011), should I? Will it help to play regular MP4 videos? Thanks in advance!

Putting DIVX, or AVI files on DVD is more ideal. It is definitely the easiest method to run video. You just have to sacrifice a DVD. MP4 files don't work all that well with this method.

Running videos from the SD card is a little more difficult; some AVI files will work, but this method is more ideal for MP4s. I run a lot of music videos using the steps I provided in another thread (do a search on my username).

Using an iPod to run video is okay but the audio will take a slight hit in the quality department (assuming your videos are from YouTube).