AVIC411.com

Things I hate about my AppRadio

Maybe it's time to start a list of things we hate about our appradios since there seems to be more to hate than love :)

The thing I hate most is the phone interface. The displayed recent call list, missed or dialed calls never comes close to what the actual phone shows. I can hit recent calls on appradio and it will display numbers I haven't called in months :(

The day displayed on the home screen in often off by a day and will correct itself every so often :(

My screen goes black, radio functions dead, frequently after short stops and will not correct itself until a more lengthy stop with the car shut off :(

The radio stations song/artist info is always scrambled as it scrolls across the screen :(

The AppRadio really is a great concept and incorporates the iPhone well when working correctly BUT, It's all the small things that add up that really make it a piece of **** :(

I was asking because I'm on the latest version and never got this

My screen goes black, radio functions dead, frequently after short stops and will not correct itself until a more lengthy stop with the car shut off

The radio stations song/artist info is always scrambled as it scrolls across the screen

I posted a few of my gripes today on an AppRadio blog that I keep. I've had the black screen issue once. Sometimes, when I plug the iPhone in the iPod and App buttons won't become active until I shut the car off and start AppRadio again. Also, one time I had a crazy crash that showed a Windows CE error message. AppRadio built on Windows.. not surprised it crashes.

My blog is here if anybody wants to add to the list: http://www.appvoice.com/post/12650980831/appradio-fix-this-pioneer

• 3 weeks later...

Funny, I had just done a post about this as well. It's here: http://appradiocentral.com/post/13166834024/hey-pioneer-heres-some-stuff-to-fix

I guess I've been lucky in that I haven't seen the issues dayday has other than the scrambled RDS info on the radio. I haven't had any of ryanmaule's Windows CE crashes either. There's definitely still work to be done, though!

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody, first post on here and just registered.

I feel I have wasted £400 on this item, the cable that feeds the phone is a joke, according to my instalation manual the length should be 2 meters which would be more than enough for most car users, obviously HGV's and PCV's may need the full length, I'm just wondering who cut mine down to something around 2/3 inches from the 2to1 cable junction to the iPhone plug.

I notice that Amazon sell Apple 30 pin extension cables which would be ideal but they tend to get mixed reviews and I really dont feel like wasting anymore money on it, anyone here who has any experience of Amazon's offerings.

As my patience gradually wears thin with the Appradio I might just send it back to Pioneer uk and tell them what they can do with it, out of sight - out of mind.

I have written to them and expressed my displeasure with the snake of a cable protruding from my dash and am waiting for the 2 meter cable to appear as shown in my instalation manual.

Watch this space for nothing from Pioneer.